• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UnRelesed Pokemon? Real or Fake?

Real Or Fake?

• Real

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Fake

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
Years
  • UnRelesed Pokemon? Real or Fake?

This picture is supposed to be a very early release picture for diamond and pearl.
    There are three fammilier shadows on in the picture, but the rest, are unknown pokemon. do you think its real???

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Hmm.. I see Glameow (top right), Happiny (top middle), Kricketot (bottom middle-left), and what seems to be a Honchkrow on a diet (bottom far-left). The top-left thing looks like a penguin, so maybe it was one of Empoleon's design's before they comfirmed it. The bottom-right figure kinda looks like either Roserade or Cherrim sunshine form. The bottom middle-left thing, though.. that thing I have no clue about.

I guess it's plausible that these were some 'beta' designs of some of the 4th gen Poké's.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Well. I can see the three Pokemon in it from D/P/Pt. But I reckon the others were just beta's.
    Or maybe the way the sprites were gonna look, so it could be a Pokemon in D/P/Pt, just in a different position?

Years
  • Most likely fake.
    I was actively watching the Diamond and Pearl prerelease news, and I'm pretty sure it's the first time I see the three silluetes. Maybe just some post-release pictures from fans. Or pre-release that weren't surfaced.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Top row (left to right): Dunno - A shark squashed by a bus?, Happiny, Glameow,
    Bottom row (left to right): Dunno - An anorexic Spearow?, Dunno - Maybe something to do with a Manaphy?, Kricketot, Dunno - A Zubat carrying a Togepi?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Three look pretty real, the rest I'm not sure about. People could have mixed up fake ones with real Pokemon to give the impression that they were real aswell. You follow?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I traced the image back to some old discussion at a German forum that confirmed they're fake. :x The others could have been betas though.

The bird looks like it could be a Starly line / Honchkrow beta. The thing on the bottom right looks related to Burmy.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • the unidentified silhouettes may belong to beta pokémon that weren't included in DPP and are being held for GenV games...

Ayselipera

The very bottom right corner one kinda looks like Vespiquen, even if they are fake.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    In order I think..
    Something, Happiny, Glameow
    Something, Misdreavus, Kricketot, Something

Years
  • For some reason, that one in the bottom right does seem familiar.

What is the source of this? The white background and incredible clarity leads me to believe these are fake. You would think these would be lower-quality if they're from a magazine scan or something to that effect, and wouldn't have edges so smooth.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • these are probably beta Pokemon but in order from left to right then the row after that, what I think

1st one: something
    2nd: Happiny
    3rd: Glameow (I seen this one somewhere before)
    4th: Hounckrow on crack
    5th:
    6th: Kricktot
    7th: Probably some bug Pokemon

:t354:TG

3Trainerpoké1

used Comet Punch!
    Years
  • The first one sorta looks somewhat like a shark with no bottom jaw at the end? Would be awesome for an evo of Sharpedo. Totally forgot his name - haven't played RSE in a loooooooooooooooooooooong time...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I like to think of the bottom right as the three Burmies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    One looks like Mismagius pre evo. Just concept art of fake sillos

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • From top-left to top-right to bottom-left to bottom-right.

Probably some planned Sharpedo evolution thing. - Happiny - Glameow - It has Honchcrow's hat, so I'd say Honchrow V1 - Misdreavus or a planned Pre evolution of it - Kricketot - Venomoth.

At least, that's what I can make of it. XD

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • UnRelesed Pokemon? Real or Fake?

This picture is supposed to be a very early release picture for diamond and pearl.
    There are three fammilier shadows on in the picture, but the rest, are unknown pokemon. do you think its real???
    #

[Left-Right] I see a swordfish that was possibly going to be Sharpedo/Sharpedo evolution, Happiny, Glameow, A starly, What looks like a Sunkern mixed with a Luvdisc [Idk], An early Volbeat/byt could be THE RETURN OF LEDYBA!, and that looks like some wierd rock/elephant type xD

Back