• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Untitled Unova Game - DEMO 3 Available! Rebranding Soon!

Years
    • Online now
    Is it possible to support the Super Game Boy Boarders for this Game?

I'm not actually too sure, though if I remember correctly, Crystal displays an error screen when trying to use SGB since it's GBC-exclusive. I don't know 100% if that's right though, I'll look into it.

Years
    • Online now
    I'm not actually too sure, though if I remember correctly, Crystal displays an error screen when trying to use SGB since it's GBC-exclusive. I don't know 100% if that's right though, I'll look into it.

Ok, so I looked into it, and apparently Crystal isn't compatible with the Super GameBoy due to having some GBC exclusive features that the SGB can't properly handle.

Years
    • Online now
    can you make a discord server for this rom hack please

I don't really have the time and energy to devote to something like that, sorry. Want to make sure I don't end up dragging development on this hack out too long lol.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    I will wait until the final release, and I can't wait for it. Will you change the sprites of the main characters aswell?

Years
    • Online now
    I will wait until the final release, and I can't wait for it. Will you change the sprites of the main characters aswell?

Thanks! Yes, I plan to have different sprites for the player characters in the final release, I just haven't gotten around to designing/implementing them yet, lol.

Years
    • Online now
    Small progress update:
    About finished with the Driftveil/Route 6 area (complete with some truly excellent custom music from regen), working on Chargestone Cave now.

Also, on the advice of highly talented hacker Rangi, I've implemented diagonal-movement sideways stairs, and have begun redesigning older maps to make use of them. So the maps will be a bit more dynamic and less flat looking in the next demo release (or final release, if I don't end up putting out a 4th demo).

Also been debating on the eventual title for this project. Not fully decided yet, but I've been debating the name "Pokemon Black and White Genesis".

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Amazing you are working pretty hard on this, great to hear you are going to replace the current player sprites.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

It's possible to support the SGB border, there's some left over code and BGB can load it (perhaps some other emus). We have the borders in Ancient Ruby and Polished Crystal

Years
    • Online now
    It's possible to support the SGB border, there's some left over code and BGB can load it (perhaps some other emus). We have the borders in Ancient Ruby and Polished Crystal

Ah, well that's pretty cool. Probably won't be incredibly high up on my to do list, but that's cool to know it's possible!

Years
    • Online now
    So it's been a while since I updated this. I've been spending the last couple of months working on a major graphical overhaul. Thanks to help from Rangi and the other talented artists on her discord channel, I've been able to replace the generic Gen 2 tiles with an all new graphical style that looks like a proper demake of Unova. For example, here's the current game's map of Humilau City:
    Untitled Unova Game - DEMO 3 Available! Rebranding Soon!

And here's the new version:

Current Striaton City:

And new Striaton City:

I'm also working on a proper rebranding of this game. When I'm done with the graphical overhaul, I'll be releasing a new demo with additional content up to Gym 7, and it'll be released under a proper title. Current candidates for titles are "Black and White Genesis", or possibly just "Black and White 3", haven't decided yet. Hope to have the new demo done in the next couple of months, based on how much time I get to work on it.

sNicolasS151

NicolasS
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    -Thanks, this is the first GBC game that I play and I am loving your work, I am used to GBA fan games and Rpg Maker I discovered more through your game that GBC fan games are also great, thanks again. "I'm sorry for any mistakes in writing, because I'm Brazilian and I don't know English entirely."

Years
    • Online now
    Thanks! I didn't add the dreamyard so far, but I may re-add it as an optional location in a later update. Will post some more updated visuals soon.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • I would personally like Black and White 3. I know it sounds generic but considering it's a sequel to B/W2 I can't see what else to call it. I mean Black and White Genesis would be cool but instead it should be Black and White 3:Genesis instead of the two options. Just a suggestion.

Back