• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unusual Musical Experiences

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
  • What are some weird experiences that you've had that are to do with music? Kind of like Niko's field-trip-return-Bohemian-Rhapsody thing.

My main ones were when I was overseas a few years back touring with my school's chamber orchestra. We were in Salzburg and, just having watched The Sound Of Music on the bus, we linked arms and skipped through the streets singing "Doe, a Deer". We found those steps and jumped up and down them, and marched around the fountain as well. XD The other one was when we were in England somewhere, in the bus taking us to a performance. I was bored, so I turned to two of my friends, one of whom was playing second violin for a piece I was playing first for, and the other was a violist. We started singing the music, and everyone else joined in, so we had the lovely strains of Albinoni filling the bus, except that it was voices instead of strings. XD

ArchAngel

I also answer to "Hey sexy"
    Years
  • um... i was tabbing a song, and an hour passed while i was doing it, felt like 5 minutes, it happened today and i only have a little of the song done.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Doing the classic Dark Side of the Moon/Wizard of Oz synch for the first time
    Having my entire class sing the Fresh Prince song on the bus at a field trip
    Blue Man Group (simply amazing... especially the Ribbon Finale... it was almost like a mosh pit in that theatre)

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
  • Blue Man Group, I saw them. Yes, I did go mental at the Ribbon Finale...BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT!!!!

My friends and I once had to rap a nursery rhyme once somewhere. We chose Baa Baa Black Sheep...

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Yes. My cousin Mikey and I were in a Subway once, and there was this group of kids sitting behind us. The radio was on, and all of a sudden "Another One Bites the Dust" starts playing. These kids go CRAZY singin' it and dancin'. So, Mikey and I join in.

Another time. My friend Arnaldo was hanging out, and this dude Ray comes a long. So five minutes pass and we're all bored. So they decide to be personal beatboxes. Ever hear pre-programmed ringtones on a phone? Yeah. One sang, and the other held the beat. It was hilarious XD;

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Oh! When I was at camp in year 10, it was actual camping, and we were all standing around the tub washing dishes one night when we decided to make beautiful music. XD So we started semi-beatboxing, everyone took an instrument like bass/snare, hi-hat or trumpet, and started trying to sound like it. It was cool.

And then the next day as we were walking along we started singing made-up songs about diarrhoea in Chinese. XD

Years
  • Oh, yeah... since JA mentioned about the Bohemian Rhapsody thing... then I guess I can retell it...=D

So we were coming from a field trip in my Film Class and everyone's tired and bored. The teachers were too quiet at the back and then my friend and I had this idea as we suddenly had both Bohemian Rhapsody playing in our iPods. So we sang the first line... and then people behind us followed. And then by the time we're in "I see a little shilouette of a man..." everyone was singing and everyone's singing like the choir and when we got to the solo, we were headbaning. Ah, the good old times.

Kim

Years
  • Back in 1998, I got to see Godsmack live. My dad's friend was a roadie for them, so he got us backstage passes. They told me to check out their official website...that I might like it. So I got on, became a member, and lo and behold, you could E-mail them. Tommy Stewart (their former drummer) E-mailed me back, saying he remembered me--the little girl from Ybor City. It was awesome. I was a bit weirded out though, that someone who sees so many people in so many different cities remembered me. And go figure--not even a fan of them anymore. Heh.

Back