• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unwanted Features

pkmin3033

There are a lot of topics about what we'd like to see in the new games, but what DON'T you want to see in them? What would you rather Pokemon Sun and Moon not do that previous games have done that you didn't enjoy?

Years
    Mega evolution, unless they give it to unpopular or underpowered Pokemon to give them a second breath of life. Otherwise it seems unnecessary to give such a WOW! feature to Pokemon that people already like and use a lot.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'm pretty much with Abby on this one, while I don't mind the Exp. Share too much, I'm disappointed the held item version is gone. I'd be disappointed if they didn't bring it back and we were limited to the one that gives exp to the entire party.

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
    I didn't like way the Exp Share worked, either.
    I don't get the point of it allowing your entire team to gain extra EXP, even if they didn't partake in the battle, sort of feels like it's cheating in a way imo.

Fortunately, there is Lucky Egg. Much better item. Just sucks because you have to make a lot of progress in your game before receiving one.

So, if they do make Exp Share again, make it held item for only one Pokemon.

Years
    I'd like for all the older Pokemon to have their original cries back. They didn't really need enhanced versions of their older cries.

Yes, I hated most of the new cries in 6th Gen... looking at you especially Raichu, Tropius, Karrablast, Dugtrio and some mostly early-gen Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Does "bad story" and "no Battle Frontier" count as a feature? Because if so, I don't want them.

The only thing that comes to mind is Pikachu's cry, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the evolutionary family at all.
    The fact that it doesn't fit in with the rest of its evolutionary line is exactly why I don't like it, so I'm gonna have to agree with you 100% on this one. I really want Pikachu to just have a cry and not speak like in the anime...

Other than that, I can't really think of what previous games did that I didn't like; it's always what they didn't do that I disliked, so aside from Pikachu's cry (and my semi-joking opening proclamation) I can't think of any previous features I'd want dropped.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    A better facility than the Battle Maison. Any of the other battle facilities (PWT, Frontier, Subway) were better.

Forced Tutorials. I do not need to be shown where a Pokémon Center is or how to catch a Pokémon. At least give an option to skip the tutorial.

Forced Character Selection. Ties in to the tutorial somewhat but being forced to use Lucario for the Mega Evolution Tutorial was a bugbear of the Kalos games.

Sirfetch’d

At least create a seperate held item.

I didn't like the new Exp. Share either. It made the games laughably easy and you were forced to use it on all of your Pokemon :( I too wish it would return as a held item or even make it where you can set it to give certain Pokemon experience.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'm surprised nobody has brought up the most annoying thing about Pokemon since day one.

HMs. Oh my God, just get rid of these already. Or fix them to be less annoying.

One of my personal unwanted features as well is Pokemon nicknames being unable to be changed if the OT is different. Just no, man. It's really annoying when I get a cool Pokemon with nice moves and everything over Wonder Trade... only to find out it's named something stupid like AAAAA or Turtlenugget. Or worse, just not named anything at all, making it generic and bland.

Also, forcing me to play as the same character as everyone else. Lack of customization options for your avatar, in other words.

And I definitely agree with changing Pikachu's cry back. I don't want to be reminded of the anime every time I play. I just find the concept of a creature saying the name of its species over and over again to be ridiculously inane and nonsensical. From a realistic perspective, it makes no sense. Not only that though, but it is completely inconsistent in the games since everything else makes a noise like a normal (computerized) animal. I hope they remove the cry and then only make it exclusive to Pikachu obtained from Pokemon Yellow. Then you could still appease people who actually like it and have a neat easter egg.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I want them to...

-Bring back Pikachu's cry.
    -NO wild weather stuff. (As in, don't let some routes rainy sometimes and sometimes not, they should let a route be either rainy or not rainy, they shouldn't change it repeatedly.)

That's all I can think of.

Years
    I didn't like the new Exp. Share either. It made the games laughably easy and you were forced to use it on all of your Pokemon :( I too wish it would return as a held item or even make it where you can set it to give certain Pokemon experience.

If they bring back the Exp. Share in its current form, I do hope they can make you able to alter it in some way, as in how the EXP will be distributed or limiting it to certain members of your team.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This is probably pretty controversial, but trainer customization. It just felt like a cheap gimmick, and I honestly have never understood why people went crazy about it. I just don't think they should waste development time / energy on gimmicks that add nothing to the enjoyment of the game.

Honestly, is there anyone out there saying "ORAS would've amazing, if only I could've changed Brendan's hat. Then it would've been perfect."?

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I would like for them to remove riding Pokemon through harsh terrain, and remove wild horde battles. Keep Pokemon trainer horde battles though. In fact, add more of them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well mostly because you had a chance at a different skin color for your trainer. I bet people were kind of bored of having Brown Hair, Blue eyes and fair-skinned trainers.

Years
    Megas, they're completely unnecessary imo and I'd much rather see actual evolutions. They're pretty much my least favorite of Gen VI.

Also, as many others have said, I'd like to see the Battle Maison gone in favor of the Frontier. If the Maison was part of the frontier it would be great, but having that as the only real endgame thing was super bogus, especially in XY.

Back