• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    there is a gamestop event coming up next month
    More specifically the Shiny Beast event. Between January 3 and January 9 you can get Raikou. Between January 17 and January 23 you can get Entei. Between January 31 and February 6 you can get Suicune. Also it has been announced that Ash's Pikachu will be distributed a Toys 'R' Us between January 30 and February 5.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I'll be going to all of those events because I want all of those. It's awesome that in the US you can get all three beasts but it sucks that you have to visit gamestop every week. And on top of all that, make a trip to Toys'R'Us for Ash's Pikachu..
    But it's still all worth it! XD

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I can't wait.Lucky me my house is only a 10 minute walk to a gamestop and a 25 minute walk to toys r us.

So i will be getting them all.I have never went to a event so i don't know how you get it at the store thou lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    Plus the ash's pikachu event this month.

I just tried finding the page on Toys "R" Us' website to link to a friend, and it seems to have been taken down. Hopefully this isn't being canceled? I would link the page here but I can't link to other sites until i have 15+ posts ._.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    I'd have to guess that it's because it's too abusible. I had a Japanese ROM of Diamond a while back and when Japan had their wifi event, I was able to get the event. With everything getting region-locked, I guess they're trying to lock down the events too...in a way.

hmw

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    i don't really know when events happen
    i can only do the wi-fi events :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    A question...

Hello,

I have a question for anybody willing to answer. I got the shiny Entei from the Wifi Events for "Legendary Trio of Johto" on Sunday night. I am unhappy as it was supposed to be the last day to get the special Raikou but unfortunately I received an Entei instead. Anyway, the Entei is legit and is identical to the Entei that is posted on Serebii: right down to the exclusive moves, nature, ribbon, Original Trainer, etc. However, the Entei has "?????" for the ID number. This doesn't correspond to what the ID number officially should be. I am worried that the Entei may be glitchy or something and may corrupt my game data. Perhaps there was an error when the Entei was being downloaded. I have no idea and am extremely paranoid that my game save data may be potentially harmed (I play the retail cartridge on the DS system). Anybody else have the same issue? Should I just release the damn thing to be on the safe side? Or would it not matter at all and my save file is irreparably harmed?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I guess there's no more Wi-Fi Event for Pokemon DP/Pt/HGSS.

Only event left is legendary Pokemon at Gamestop(which I think is already over) and Celebi event is still going but only for 2 more days. /=

P.S. Oh yeah, there was Ash's Pikachu event at Toy'R'us but I think that's already over too.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Yeah Ash Pikachu event ended February 13th. For the most part the events for D/P/Pt & HGSS are over. Korea will be holding a Shin Se Gae Manaphy starting March 12th to April 17th, so it is not the last of 4th Generation games, but we are heading to that point.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2011
    The first shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Zubat in Meteor Falls in Pokemon emerald which I trained into a lv.100 Shiny Crobat, cloned it and gave it out to my friends

Back