• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Update! Pokemon heart gold and soul silver 5/16/09

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I'm guessing they'll do something Similar to what they did in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah, Another thought, Maybe after you finish the pokemon league they will let you go to the orange islands.

I personally, would not like the Orange Islands to be in the game. I would rather it be left out.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, Another thought, Maybe after you finish the pokemon league they will let you go to the orange islands.
    As it's been stated a number of times before, the Orange Islands served as Anime filler (between the Kanto and Johto episodes), and had naught to do with the games Game Freak made. As such, it is very unlikely we will see them, just like all of those other places that are in the anime that aren't in the games.

And after all, they had the chance to use them before IF they had wished to go and use the anime's stuff... in RBY there were no Orange Islands, nor in GSC which is what hese games will be heavily based on, nor in FR/LG - they had islands, but instead made their own in the Sevii Islands - if we see anything else besides Kanto, it'll either be something new, or the Sevii Islands, realistically.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Today is the day for a Sunday Update, so lets see what they reveal this time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Pokemon Sunday airs on Saturday nights. At least, it does where I live. x'D
    This episode didn't really show anything new. They were just saying some crap about the shiny Pichu and Notched-ear, then something about the Arceus event in Platinum.

I wanted to see some Heart OW action. D:< Oh well, maybe next week.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm trying to find the latest video, but I believe it isn't up as yet.

Years
    I hope they release pics showing the starters evolutions following you, just to confirm that they do stay following you after they evolve :3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well last week's show revealed some nice information. I wouldn't mind seeing more about the Notch-Eared Pichu.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Behind the times, some of you - there was no video this week by all accounts, so it seems it is not going to be a dead-set occurance every week on the show. We got a screenshot though, but it isn't really any different from the one in Coro Coro, if it isn't it, of course. And it probably is, really. So basically, unless they said something in Japanese - nothing new in particular to note.

But if anyone wants a close-up of Gold and Pichus:
    Spoiler:

Eh. We've got months ahead of us, and they don't tell everything about any game before it's released anyway.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That is true, so seems like Serebii scrambled up there words jsut a bit. Anyway, there is still a lot of discussion going on around the games. Plus only a few more weeks left until the next CoroCoro scans as well.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Behind the times, some of you - there was no video this week by all accounts, so it seems it is not going to be a dead-set occurance every week on the show. We got a screenshot though, but it isn't really any different from the one in Coro Coro, if it isn't it, of course. And it probably is, really. So basically, unless they said something in Japanese - nothing new in particular to note.

But if anyone wants a close-up of Gold and Pichus:
    Spoiler:

Eh. We've got months ahead of us, and they don't tell everything about any game before it's released anyway.

I wonder if that only works for the event Pichu and not a normal shiny Pichu

:t354:TG

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well it is said that with the Shiny Pichu from the event, it will activate the Notch Eared Pichu when you lead the Shiny Pichu to Ilex Forest.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing as no new information was brought up today, it is still kind of hard to decipher if they have any relation. Though, I kind of doubt it.

Back