• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [UPDATED] 7 New Pokémon Leaked For Pokémon Sun & Moon

blue

gucci
Years
  • I'm pretty sure Cutiefly is based off the Bee Fly (Anastoechus nitidulus)

Spoiler:

It definitely seems like it could have a couple of evolutions and hopefully will turn out to be another strong Bug type.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure Cutiefly is based off the Bee Fly (Anastoechus nitidulus)

Spoiler:

It definitely seems like it could have a couple of evolutions and hopefully will turn out to be another strong Bug type.

Wow another species I had never heard of, but it's a nice thing to base a Pokemon on. Not sure where the Fairy-type fits in with Cutiefly though but if it's a unique typing I'm sold on it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Wow another species I had never heard of, but it's a nice thing to base a Pokemon on. Not sure where the Fairy-type fits in with Cutiefly though but if it's a unique typing I'm sold on it.

Because it is fluffy and small :P I am just glad it isn't another Bug/Flying.

I am thinking Cutifly might have a prevolution or an evolution. It is rare for us to have a stand alone bug. Maybe something similar to Burmy, where it has a counterpart?

Years
  • Because it is fluffy and small :P I am just glad it isn't another Bug/Flying.

I am thinking Cutifly might have a prevolution or an evolution. It is rare for us to have a stand alone bug. Maybe something similar to Burmy, where it has a counterpart?

I think Cutiefly looks like something that would evolve twice, likely because I think it's around Flabébé size and that thing was part of a 3-stage line.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I love Cutiefly! I was hoping for a pokemon based on a fairy fly/woolly aphid at some point. Drampa is bizarre, but i like it. I want to know it if evolves. Tapu Koko also looks quite good.

I really like these new pokemon... but Bruxish is horrifying.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Bruxish is beautifully colored, but with some freaky characteristics, too. She will be popular.

Cutiefly better not evolve into a mosquito

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Like I've said in another thread, loving Cutiefly, Drampa, Tapu Koko, and Togedemaru.. The others are okay, I believe the cocoon-looking buggie and the scary one are Grubbin's first and second evolutions, but Bruxish.. Not too bad, but darn those teeth. Kinda scary hehe. But still got beautiful colours and patterns.

I'm rather happy these are all real and I can't wait to see them in-game!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    To be honest I find it a little hard to understand how people can get excited about a Pikachu clone like Togedemaru when we've seen it so many times before in slightly different packages. Pikaclones tend to have a very simplistic interpretation of cute and I don't tend to really think of them as being all that cute. (not in a natural way anyway, it seems more like...informed cuteness? Like they're made to be cute (and marketable) but by the very act of being designed for cuteness they don't seem cute to me, it's too forced.

I feel bored just looking at it. :/ Give me a wacky and unusual Pokemon like Bruxish any day of the week.

Anyway, it's not like the Pikaclones are ever going away so I guess it's all a moot point. :P

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    I woke up today, checked my Youtube, and saw these. I actually hated Drampa when I saw it first, but it grew on me and it's probably my favorite of the new Pokemon revealed today. Togedemaru is probably my favorite Pikachu clone, Electric/Steel is a cool type combination. Tapu Koko looks more like an Electric/Fire than an Electric/Fairy but it's still cool as hell.

Years
  • Charjabug/Vikavolt - I hope these are Grubbin's evolutions, if so, then I made a right choice.
    Drampa - Hmm... This pokemon looks okay. I'm still debating if I want to use it or not.
    Bruxish - What... is... that...?
    Cutiefly - I think this one is smallest (or tiny) pokemon in the series. Of course, I could be wrong.
    Togedemaru - I really don't know what to say this one, but I'm gonna say it's look cute.
    Tapu Koko - Love this design, imo. And I take it that's one of guardians?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • To be honest I find it a little hard to understand how people can get excited about a Pikachu clone like Togedemaru when we've seen it so many times before in slightly different packages. Pikaclones tend to have a very simplistic interpretation of cute and I don't tend to really think of them as being all that cute. (not in a natural way anyway, it seems more like...informed cuteness? Like they're made to be cute (and marketable) but by the very act of being designed for cuteness they don't seem cute to me, it's too forced.

Personnaly I feel like this Pikaclone is different! The typing is interesting, the Pokemon is a bit more badass than the others (like a kawai sandslash?). I hope it evolve tho!

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • Cutiefly and Togedemaru(despite being this gen's Pikachu ripoff) are cool. Not so much with the others. Though Snoop Dragon is kind of interesting.

StormChatot

Your Local Parrot Guy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I've been looking at these guys more and more and I kinda like them. The Pikachu clone is a hedgehog, that was kinda unexpected and creative. While Charjabug looks kinda lame its evolution is totally badass and I want one. Drampa is OK. Bruxish is still terrible even after looking at it several times (still not as bad as Luvdisc). Cutiefly isn't bad but it seems like not much effort went into it. And Tapu Koko looks AWESOME.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • You all need to just admit that you were expecting one thing with these new pokemon and got another. I for one am glad that they are giving us unique designs, unlike the last game Omega Rehash and Alpha Same Crap. Yes I get that they were remakes of an older gen, but they brought absolutely nothing new to the table design wise. Even the megas introduced in that game were dull and uninspiring.

SUMO is shaping up to be a breath of fresh air for the series that we haven't seen since B/W versions. When I saw the new pokemon this morning, each one tickled a creative bone in my body and all I've seen on the internet and this forum is the majority of fans complaining that they look "too weird" or "ugly". Since when has anybody in the fanbase designed a half decent pokemon worth of the gamefreak moniker? Yeah, nobody ever.

Drampa and Bruxish FTW

Bay

Years
  • Bruxish, Charajabug, and Vikavolt I think I'll still need to warm up too but the other designs I'm cool with. I agree with the others Cutiefly is, well, cute, and Tapu Koku is awesome (reminds me a bit of Sigilyph's design and it was my favorite from fifth gen).

Snick3rd00dle254

Game-Maker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2016
    I am truly excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon, this might be the 2nd pokemon game i buy on the 3ds, I hated X and Y and i thought ORAS was decent so hopefully Sun and Moon Knocks it out of the park.

Back