• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[UPDATED][Windy is Serious] GTS Issues

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Ok, I guess it's time I finally had it out.

Several months ago, I was searching for a trade so that I might be able to get Diancie (and still hoping to find it even now), and I searched the GTS, and I was having a shock when I find out that there are many Diancie with the names that are not very fitting to them. Yes, I'm talking about the offensive words here.

That time, I started to doubt if Pokémon was really safe and all just because of that, and I was surprised that they have it bypass the nickname censorship that everyone known of, when I was unable to name some Pokémon as May or even Viola (EDIT: I'm sure May was no go in X and Y when I named Skitty one, but apparently May passed ORAS and XY naming system just now, so I think I have come across the name glitch or they have fixing it), and this makes me even more mad. For me, Pokémon is a game for everyone, including for kids, and I don't want anybody to ruin it by putting not-so-safe names in the GTS. Besides, it takes months until it's noticed on several other news sites that I visit on occasion, too, which sparked my passion on writing this right now. And apparently, from one of the sites, there is a project of cleaning up the GTS right now, so I hope the best luck to anyone who try to make it clean.

So, I wish for Game Freak, Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and everyone, to make GTS a friendly place, a safe haven where we can trade Pokémon without any worries of troublesome nicknames and all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's probably the kids you're trying to protect that are making the names in the first place.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Oryx;bt100823 said:
    It's probably the kids you're trying to protect that are making the names in the first place.
    Well, idk about that, but if so, it would be kinda ironic, right? And actually I was referring to kids and anyone which have some good heart if it comes to someone to protect to :)

Back