• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Upgrade Advice?

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
  • lol i understand. Id rather go for these asrocks or asus

edit: he was gonna buy a gfx card anyways right? and ddr3 ram is way cheaper than ddr2 or was it ddr2 cheaper than ddr1 idk i dnt remember.

Silver_Wind

Creative Artist
    Years
  • lol i understand. Id rather go for these asrocks or asus

edit: he was gonna buy a gfx card anyways right? and ddr3 ram is way cheaper than ddr2 or was it ddr2 cheaper than ddr1 idk i dnt remember.

Nope, I'm perfectly fine with Graphic's card. He has enough power to run a lot of games even though it's within AGP slot. I pick the that board because it has a lot of feature to run what I already have in this pc, all I need is speed.

@Archer.
    I'm planning to upgrade to a Core 2 Quad when money isn't a issue. But I'm going to run the celeron since I've already obtained it. Otherwise I would just dropped the Intel board, and gone with a AMD Mobo.

I'm also impressed with the board. Rare to see with AGP, PCI, and DDR and DDR2. Also I can run newer and older hard drive slots on the board.

Years
  • Nope, I'm perfectly fine with Graphic's card. He has enough power to run a lot of games even though it's within AGP slot. I pick the that board because it has a lot of feature to run what I already have in this pc, all I need is speed.

@Archer.
    I'm planning to upgrade to a Core 2 Quad when money isn't a issue. But I'm going to run the celeron since I've already obtained it. Otherwise I would just dropped the Intel board, and gone with a AMD Mobo.

I'm also impressed with the board. Rare to see with AGP, PCI, and DDR and DDR2. Also I can run newer and older hard drive slots on the board.
    IDE and SATA are standard on most if not all mobos since socket 775 hit the market. The other features are cool and I wish you luck in upgrading at a later date. The only concern I have, which is less likely in the US, is that the Quads will be hard to find in a year or two's time. Intel CPUs don't tend to hang around for nearly as long as AMDs.

Years
  • IDE and SATA are standard on most if not all mobos since socket 775 hit the market. The other features are cool and I wish you luck in upgrading at a later date. The only concern I have, which is less likely in the US, is that the Quads will be hard to find in a year or two's time. Intel CPUs don't tend to hang around for nearly as long as AMDs.

Intels do phase out pretty quickly, even here in the States... unless you shop online stores like Newegg.

Years
  • Intels do phase out pretty quickly, even here in the States... unless you shop online stores like Newegg.
    That was my concern. Buying one second hand is going to be a pain unless you find someone with a dead motherboard that wants to upgrade to a new system.

Back