• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Upgrade path for Pokemon Essentials?

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    I began working on a Pokemon Essentials based game back in August, took some time off, and am returning to it now. I see there is an updated version released in September, but I'm trying to determine how to properly upgrade Pokemon Essentials without overwriting my maps, scripts, etc.

Is there a list or walkthrough of what files are safe to replace? I've been doing a little investigation but it seems like it should be simpler than what I'm making it.

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I'm sure you can just copy/paste the map/script files from your project folder into a new one with the updated patch. I'm not entirely sure if it works, though.

By the way, download the second-to-latest update for the starter kit, the latest one has quite a few problems, especially with how it handles music.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    The May release? That is probably what I'm using. Is there a version number in the releases anywhere to confirm?

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    There's something about that written in the notes.html.

Back