• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Upgraded server

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I think PC should consider uprading there server as it very often is overloaded, and gets database errors. It isnt like Rukario cant afford it (i would guess) with all the donations he gets

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    The server crashes because of name changes. Not because of it being overloaded. :(

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    The server we have now handles PC's load just fine.. Like any server, sometimes processes can't get stuck or services can crash.. or even have bad timing with certain background services/tasks, such as updating stats, logs, and the like. Its just part of the whole web thing.

Anyway, we constantly monitor the server and are not even truely close to the point where we need an upgraded server.. yet. I'm sure we will in the near furture, as PC grows, but for now, we're ok.. we just have to put up with occasional crashes and slow loads.

+ I HATE MOVING.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    :( Actually, iirc, donations and ad revenue don't even fully cover the costs of this server, so... yeaaah. We'd love to upgrade and totally would if we had the funds but we just don't. This server's actually pretty good though, when you look at our track record, so I'm not too bothered.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    The server crashes because of name changes. Not because of it being overloaded. :(
    I see... that might be it

The server we have now handles PC's load just fine.. Like any server, sometimes processes can't get stuck or services can crash.. or even have bad timing with certain background services/tasks, such as updating stats, logs, and the like. Its just part of the whole web thing.

Anyway, we constantly monitor the server and are not even truely close to the point where we need an upgraded server.. yet. I'm sure we will in the near furture, as PC grows, but for now, we're ok.. we just have to put up with occasional crashes and slow loads.

+ I HATE MOVING.
    yeah i see, it crashes quite often with me (like atleast once a week) But i guess ill have to live with it 'cause PC is awesome! :)

:( Actually, iirc, donations and ad revenue don't even fully cover the costs of this server, so... yeaaah. We'd love to upgrade and totally would if we had the funds but we just don't. This server's actually pretty good though, when you look at our track record, so I'm not too bothered.
    oh i didnt the domain and server where so expensive.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years

+ I HATE MOVING.

At least, PC is more reliable than it was before our last move. :D

(Honestly, I don't blame you) :P

limeyman

limeyman
    Years
    I have had some problems but i dont blame them on the server

As I was saying i dont blame it on the server but an upgrade would be good as this site grows and i didnt know it runs on donations but i have guesses that they get money for the ads that they have.

Last edited:
    Back