• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Upgrading Success!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    tumblr_inline_n2ijc7wDaH1sc00mt.jpg

I managed to fully upgrade my laptop from Windows 8 to 8.1 successfully, even though it takes past midnight to be able to getting it working. I was worried what will happen to my apps, my Metro apps, and the accounts that I'm using to, because they said (looks like) that I should use Microsoft Account to logging in next time. However, this is no longer an issue now because there is an option to use local account, that I can use my Starry Windy account like usual. And the best part is that I retain HP Apps (the apps that are with my laptop on the get-go).

I enjoyed that I started my laptop from my Desktop straight away instead of starting with Start page. At first the colors of my Start page is not customized, but the system says to restart, so I do it, and the color is back.

After enjoying the new upgrade, I feel that it is not enough, because the reason I was upgrading to Windows 8.1 is to get some more upgrade called Windows 8.1 Update. I was skeptical because hearing of some people getting errors, but I installed it anyway, and I see no adverse effects.

I'm glad that I'm able to upgrade successfully, and I'm glad that Windows 8 has improved much.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    welcome to the new age of windows. glad to have you on board.

also congrats :) I've heard windows 8.1's pretty darn good X)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Nonon;bt97397 said:
    welcome to the new age of windows. glad to have you on board.

also congrats :) I've heard windows 8.1's pretty darn good X)

Yes, it is :) I love the new improvements that Microsoft brings to 8.1.

Back