• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: ur mcscused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

My mother usually makes muffins every couple of weeks or so...blueberry and banana most of the time, although she likes to experiment. The smell in the kitchen that spreads through the house is probably the best part of it <3

pkmin3033

That's literally the best part of baking - your house smells incredible afterwards. Unfortunately, our kitchen is so small that we can't do any baking, but if good news comes tomorrow and we get a loan, I expect more baked goods to be in my near future.
    Exactly! It's even better when she bakes bread in the morning; the smell lingers for the entire day <3
    Well, I hope you get the loan - baking is a lot of fun! :3

I set everything on fire or blacken it to ash, but it's still fun

pkmin3033

My mother makes all sorts of good stuff, including bread and cakes, and it'll be far cheaper than buying any of it at a store. Plus we'll be able to eat homemade meals more often rather than trying to cook in a galley-style kitchen where you have basically zero counter space.

Yeah, it usually is cheaper unless you buy ridiculously expensive ingredients...which you don't really need to in order to make something that tastes better than what you'll get in the shop for half again the price, anyway. The only downside is that you have to eat it all within a couple of days or it turns to granite/starts mutating, but that isn't typically a problem...especially not with three or four of us in the house. xD;

Cooking does seem to require a lot of space. Our current kitchen is a bit smaller than our old one, but it's been refurbished twice since we've lived in this house, so it's worked out alright.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Unfortunately, there was never much baking over here. Shame, there's so many delicious cakes I'd love to learn how to bake. But that requires time.

pkmin3033

That or else freeze what you can, it usually works the best with breads, cookies, and some cakes. When my mom made chocolate cake, it usually started drying up really quickly, so we iced it and put plastic wrap on the top of the cake pan. It slowed it down a little at least and we could keep it for about a week.
    Doesn't most cake lose a lot of its freshness if you do that, though? I know it works with bread pretty well, since we typically put loaves in the freezer otherwise they'd go stale over the course of the week before we finished them, but I'd be a bit iffy about putting cakes in the freezer...but then, maybe mother just doesn't make the freezeable type of cake. xD

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    We don't bake a whole lot at my place, but I guess that comes with the territory of three guys in their 20s who don't have time :P

pkmin3033

It probably depends on the cake too, especially if there's fruits in it or if it's a very moist cake. It'd probably work with cookies a lot better. Cakes are more or less made to be eaten right away.
    That'd be why: my mother makes fruitcake most of the time, and chocolate cake is very moist...well, GOOD chocolate cake is very moist. You could freeze sponge cake if you didn't give it any filling right away, I guess? I don't think we'd actually have room in the freezer for a cake either...plus it'd only come out again within a day or two, since I doubt any cake would be bought that week and cake gets eaten like biscuits here: in large amounts and regularly. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I seem to disappoint so many today.

/me hides on an island in a galaxy far far away and waits for somebody to find and bring her ol' lightsaber

pkmin3033

Kylo Ren's cross-guard lightsaber is actually pretty tacky; the crystal inside is cracked so it needs two vents to stop the whole thing blowing up. A Sabercane is where it's at :3

pkmin3033

Well, it looked cool and it suited him, but I'd rather have a reliable, properly constructed lightsaber which definitely won't blow up in my face. It's definitely tacky in terms of the quality of the construction...which is kinda important for a weapon. xD;

Changing it to something Zelda related to celebrate? :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back