• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Urgent] Moderators needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Why is it still up, then? Isn't April Fool's day over?

See, that's what I'm thinking.

I'm still not sure though. =|

MAKE ME A MOD NAO PLEX!!!!11111111111111

I ARE GOOD.

In all seriousness, I've been here a (little?) while and I know my way around the forums. I also know how to hack, to some extent, and I'm awesome. According to my random Awesome Calculator, I have an 89% level of Awesome.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I've seen April fools jokes on forums that lasted over a week, and it had ppl getting banned from the forums and swearing galore the whole time. Quite hilarious, but caused some trouble for the ppl who thought it was all real.

Anyway, there's no reason to assume this is real just because April Fool's has ended. (Which it hasn't where I am.)

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I think I'd be more than capable of moderating the ROMHacking section. I've been at PC for four years, and joined just for this section. As far as I can remember, I've never gotten an infraction, and, though I can be a bit harsh at times, I genuinely care and try to help anyone who asks for it. I have enough free time that I can be active and online everyday. I can't see myself falling out of Pokemon either, so that's not a concern :P.

I've had some modding experience in the past on other forums, most of which were Pokemon related. I was a mod on Pokemon Arena, a forum run by XD375 who has an account here as well by the same name. I don't frequent there any longer which is the reason I resigned. My other modding experiences were often short as many of the forums I've been a moderator for didn't get off the ground.

Now for the more personal stuff. I'm generally very easy to get along with, and try to choose my words carefully. I'm a pretty calm person, and you'd be hard-pressed to get me angry or irrational. If I need help, and I don't have the means to learn, I ask for it. No lone wolf here. I'm respectful while still being "real" or truthful, and speak my mind. I keep what's private private and what's public public, thus, many of my off-topic conversations go straight to PMs. I encourage people to confront me if they find that I'm being too close-minded or come off as confrontational unintentionally. Who knows? Maybe a different perspective on the situation was just what I needed? But, on the same token, I'm no pushover. I stand by my decisions, which are usually sound. If I find that I took a step in the wrong direction, I apologize and rectify the situation promptly. I have a strong sense of morality which I basically live by, and I've been told I have an uncanny, almost empathic intuition. That translates into my knowing how to talk to people in a mutually beneficial way with appropriate words and tone. The few real-life arguments I've had usually ended with my becoming closer to the other person, and with us walking away with no hard feelings.

As for things related to general forum-going, I'm a grammar nazi when I post. Nine times out of ten I'll check my replies multiple times before posting, just to make sure that I have everything correct while not being so "proper" that it's difficult to read. If I find something after posting, I always edit it. I'd probably, describe myself as a windbag. When I have something to say, or am passionate about what's going on, I find myself saying (or in the forum's case, writing) multiple paragraphs worth of, well, words (as you've most likely noticed by now). When I lurk the forums and find something amiss, I report it. Fortunately or unfortunately, I solely use the ROMHacking section, and very rarely venture out. I may peruse the Game Development section once in a blue moon, but I always find myself back here. In fact, I'm fairly certain I've only made six-or-so posts outside of this section. Ugh, now I have to check. That's another thing, I strive to be accurate, referencing several threads and sometimes even a user's own posting history before formulating a full response.

Well, I think that's enough for now. I might come back and edit this to put in some more detail. In conclusion, I understand the responsibility that being a moderator entails, and I think it's about time I start giving back to the community by doing something that I know I'll love and be passionate about.

Christos asked for a "reason" not about thirty. It's not really fair is it writing more than everyone else is allowed to...

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Not really, if he has more reasons to become a mod, then he should be allowed to list them all.

Of course, it doesn't really matter.

NatureKeeper

Application:

NatureKeeper
    Strict with rules. Any post will get eliminated.

Capabilities:

Pokécommunity active.
    Creator of two not-so-famous ROM-hacks.
    It'd be nice to help you here, but I do respect the Moderation is a great responsibility to handle, especially since if not the right people are moderating, ages of Power-Thirst may start to appear.

Activity on Other Forums:

-Major : HeartGold and SoulSilver (DS)
    -Minor : Diamond, Pearl and Platinum (DS) - Wi-Fi Center

Experiences:

-Knows the rules of the section of ROM-Hacking and Emulation completely.
    -Knows the PC rules completely.
    -Reporter of all bad threads.

ROM-hacking Skills:

*Scripting: Pro
    *ASM: Little to no - Learning
    *Mapping: Very Good
    *Sprite-Related Material: Pro
    *Hex Editing: Little to no

Attitude:

Kind & Helpful.

Criticism:

Constructive and full.

Knows how to manage posts correctly.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    It seems way past April Fools Day now. I really don't get why they'd hand out Mod applications that easily.
    I'm pretty sure it would tiring for the higher staff to read millions of applications and all that, it's no wonder why PC wouldn't have Mod applications.
    Most of the time... the higher staff would choose someone who they think are trustworthy enough to handle the bad situations and all that, then the higher staff will ask the person if they'd like to become a mod in the section. Then the person either has the choice to decline it or accept it.

Although... I would be surprised if someone became a Mod if this was really true.

So yeah, that is said... I can't be sure if this is real or not. I know a lot of people will be going and asking "I would like to be a mod because i'm good and really active" but really... don't worry about becoming a mod, it's not like it's gonna make you a better person is it? 'Cause it won't, it's only a job after all.

Just be yourself, and follow the rules... and help others that really need help. And always use the report button whenever anyone is causing any problems, as most of you know... it's the triangle button on every post. And like I said... becoming a mod isn't the most important thing, just think of it as getting a real job. It has to be something you would enjoy, trained for, and have a lot of experiance.

But anyways... I just suggest people should at least go back to working on their hack or something rather than having to worry about this thread if you're just thinking of "power" and all that. You can just write one application and see what happens in the end if you wish to, and if you have a lot of experiance, and something that you would enjoy. As I said... only one application would do, you don't need another one.

I might be coming back to ROM hacking again sometime, I might start working on a hack, I might even create something that might never have been seen in ROM hacking history. Who knows what the future will bring? You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    It seems way past April Fools Day now. I really don't get why they'd hand out Mod applications that easily.
    I'm pretty sure it would tiring for the higher staff to read millions of applications and all that, it's no wonder why PC wouldn't have Mod applications.
    Most of the time... the higher staff would choose someone who they think are trustworthy enough to handle the bad situations and all that, then the higher staff will ask the person if they'd like to become a mod in the section. Then the person either has the choice to decline it or accept it.

Although... I would be surprised if someone became a Mod if this was really true.

So yeah, that is said... I can't be sure if this is real or not. I know a lot of people will be going and asking "I would like to be a mod because i'm good and really active" but really... don't worry about becoming a mod, it's not like it's gonna make you a better person is it? 'Cause it won't, it's only a job after all.

Just be yourself, and follow the rules... and help others that really need help. And always use the report button whenever anyone is causing any problems, as most of you know... it's the triangle button on every post. And like I said... becoming a mod isn't the most important thing, just think of it as getting a real job. It has to be something you would enjoy, trained for, and have a lot of experiance.

But anyways... I just suggest people should at least go back to working on their hack or something rather than having to worry about this thread if you're just thinking of "power" and all that. You can just write one application and see what happens in the end if you wish to, and if you have a lot of experiance, and something that you would enjoy. As I said... only one application would do, you don't need another one.

I might be coming back to ROM hacking again sometime, I might start working on a hack, I might even create something that might never have been seen in ROM hacking history. Who knows what the future will bring? You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

You're acting like you already got the position LOL.
    Oh what people wont do for a fancy new title.

Anyhoo, good luck to all applicants applying for the position, granted this is real.
    And I'll be praying you don't muck up the ROM Hacking section worse than it already has been. ;)

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    d00d dis is totally not an april fools dey joke anim0re cause april fools day wuz yestarday in my timezone. Dats why i totally get teh pursition instead of u suxors who still fink it's a joke. >=D
    XD

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    d00d dis is totally not an april fools dey joke anim0re cause april fools day wuz yestarday in my timezone. Dats why i totally get teh pursition instead of u suxors who still fink it's a joke. >=D
    XD

April fools day was actually over for me approximately 22 hours 23 minutes and 56 seconds ago. But I still think it's a joke :<
    And I'm wondering why Christos isn't posting >:(

Years
    Dude i will gladly be a moderator for this, it would be awesome, i know so much about this thread already and although i am still learning, i think my hack has gotten a pretty good response, and it has won some awards, so i would really, really love to be a mod, my hack is pokemon alpha jewel, soon to be renamed to pokemon jadeite version.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back