• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Urgent] Moderators needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I've played about 5 hacks and I look at this forum everyday. That qualifies me for something, doesn't it?

Actually, no, it doesn't. It only qualifies you to get an ice-cream cone from Christos' back yard. He's a snow fairy.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Fairy. ;_; Pichu wants to know why you didn't tell Pichu you needed help in Fairyland. Pichu's not very busy in the Mansion right now, Mama won't miss Pichu if Pichu is sneaky. Pichu is very good at Pichumagic and Pichu even knows some Fairy Magic remember?

*hiccup*

;_; Faaaairy. Pichu wants to work with Fairy forever. ;~;

Years
  • Oh, I missed this.
    I... I think I could be a pretty good moderator. I'm assertive, but to an acceptable extent- ie, I know how to make a point, but can also be polite while doing so. I've been hacking for longer than I've been here.. Which is about a year, to this day :D. I've got pretty decent knowledge on most areas of hacking, and can usually answer people's questions correctly. Nowadays, I don't spend much time looking at any other section of PokeCommunity- I've got Emulation bookmarked, lol. Aside from that... I guess I'm relatively friendly, approachable and such. (EDIT: "Relatively" meaning I can be tough if the situation calls for it, but otherwise cool towards others).
    Anyway, yeah, that's my entry- make of it what you will, Modlords... :)

Last edited:

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Heya.

I'm assuming the moderation position is still available, since it was posted but three days ago.

In any case, I'm a mature individual who has been at PC since July 2008; my first account, Irene, was registered in July 2008 and then I came back as Yusshin in 2009. I am an active member, always checking into the forum, although I mostly browse the emulation forum rather than post. I am aware of the hack tools lying around, though, and I do have handy links ready to redirect members to if they miss it for whatever reason. I've been helpful in the HGSS section through the Help Threads and I am aware of the forum rules overall. I also manage two challenges in the HGSS section, one of which is a bit popular (the Unevolved / Unevolved Mono-Type / Baby Pokemon Challenge) and another of which some have interest in as a side-quest (the Breeding Challenge). I have a lot of moderation experience, specifically on Ragnarok-related forums; however, most of them ended up failing and shutting down, so I don't have any contacts for it. One of them is IntenseRO, though, and you can view my profile here. I help manage the forum there of 4200 members, in both the English forums and the French forum.

I feel I'd be a good candidate for this position due to my maturity level, friendliness, activity level, and helpfulness, be it proven in another forum or not.
    Had it not been for my awesome pinkness giving me certain-winnity, then I would've voted for you. XD

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    I just have to laugh at the amount of people who are applying for moderator, despite never posting in ROM Hacking. If I was in control of all this, I'd only choose people who post in ROM Hacking a lot.

Hokorashiimesuinu

sinnoh master
    Years
  • I'd love to be a moderator,
    I think I'd be good at it because I despise flaming and I'd generally like to get rid of all those off=topic posts that are annoying (including the "when's this beta coming out.")
    Currently on another forum website(I don't know if I'm allowed to mention it) I've been going around reporting and asking people to change their posts as I believe that a good website shouldn't be downgraded by general filth.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Wow, this is still going? I'm surprised, I just wonder if this really is real or not? I just wish the best of luck. It would be great to see who gets chosen and all that.
    For a thread like this to appear... it's very unusual. There's like a thousand people applying for this job, I just hope y'all are ready for this.

And really... to be honest. I don't believe this thread would be real at all. 'Cause I know it started on April Fools Day in my time.
    Which means it could still be a joke. But I've just gotta wait and see if anyone does gets promoted.

I would actually be surprised if it really did happen, anyways... good luck with the applications and all that. ;D

Years
  • Yeah, I hope the staff manage to look at all of these. Especially on !PAGE 10!

Well, if we were to delete all the non-applications, such as your post, and this one, there would probably only be three or four pages.

I just have to laugh at the amount of people who are applying for moderator, despite never posting in ROM Hacking. If I was in control of all this, I'd only choose people who post in ROM Hacking a lot.

Well you aren't. :)

Okay, that's much better, Spherical Ice.

Good to have your approval, sir!
    Theme copier.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I would like to become a Moderator very much. I like to think of myself as adaptable, and I can become very strict and professional one minute, and fun-loving and enjoyable the next. I have taken typing courses and can type fast. I try to make my grammar as nice as possible. How else would people take you seriously? Nobody can hear your voice or tone, so it is good to have a nice writing style. The reason you should allow me to become a Moderator is because I am able to be simplistic, yet professional. This allows me to tell people what they were doing wrong or right, in a way that makes them respect me, but also understand what they did wrong. I like to think I have good morals, and I follow rules to a Q. If I learn a rule, I stick with it, and I try to make other people stick with it too. I don't think anybody should be exempt from rules. I am available almost every day of the week since I am homeschooled. I am in CST(Central Standard Time) which would allow me to easily work with almost all posts done in the Western Hemisphere. I hope you will find me to be a grandiose resource. Thank you for your time.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Last edited:

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
    Years
  • Application

I would love to become a moderator. I always have time to be on PC, and therefore would always be around. I always have high-speed Internet access, even when I'm away from home. I know the rules well, and I have only had one infraction newbie days. I am very active in the ROM hacking section, I'm always around and looking through threads. I always take the time to read most of the posts in the thread, and I'm a very fast reader. I would say I'm pretty experienced in hacking, although I have never released a hack, I definitely have the skills. I can do practically anything I want with a ROM. I am always very willing to give help to people who ask me for it. I have good grammatical, writing and spelling skills and I can type fast and accurately. I can be both professional and playful as needs be. I also am placed advantageously for the position. I am in the GMT +2 time zone, so I am available when others are not. I can put up with mediocrity and routines, so I won't just take this job just for the supposed "fun" that comes with it. I will readily accept what downsides come with the job, as well as the perks. Well, I think that pretty much sums up my application. Good luck reviewing all these applications.

Years
  • I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To mod them is my real test
    To ban them is my cause
    I will travel across the forum
    Modding far and wide
    Each Poster to understand
    The power that's inside

Pokemon Hacks!
    It's you and me
    I know it's my destiny
    Be a Mod!
    Ooh, you're my best friend
    In a forum I must defend
    Be a Mod!
    My hearts so true
    My courage will pull me through
    You teach me and I'll teach you
    Pokemon
    Gotta mod 'em all!

Every challenge along the way
    With fairness I will face
    I will mod every day
    To claim my rightful place
    Come with me, the time is right
    There's no better team
    Arm in arm we'll win the fight
    It's always been our dream

BE A MOD!!!
    ---------------------------------
    I promise I will take down the evil team spammer,
    Beat the Elite four of Noobs,
    And ban 'em all!

Oh, and I like forums and stuff. Also Hacking. And I want to try saying "YER BANNNNNNNNNNND!" Because that sounds like fun.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Well, I guess I will post my resume-like application. I would like to be a moderator because I feel that I have the experience to be one. I have created websites before, and I know that I takes a lot of hard work to keep after them. You tell yourself, nah, nothing will be wrong with the site today, but I never believe that. Keeping tract of your website is a grueling and honest task that requires moderation for everything to smoothly run. Since coming from Whack A Hack, let me tell you, you guys have an awesome website. You are all in harmony to work together to provide an experience to all Pokemon hackers, and interesting viewers. I want to contribute my talents to the world, and to the PokeCommunity to make it a better, safer place for everyone to have a pain-free experience. I thank you for the time to read this, may your day be filled with happiness.
    Bolens

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • Well, I could be a moderator. Simply cause I'm active and forum-oriented. :P

You can see how much posts I have in a span of a few days : D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back