• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ursaring MADNESS!

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
    This strategy is a bit over-the-top and I don't know if it'll work (probably not). Help me please:

Ursaring@Flame Orb
    Ability:Guts
    Brave (+attack -speed) or any other -speed nature
    EVs?- Remember I need it to take hits and have the attack to take down THE best in one hit or two.
    ----------------
    Fling
    Endure/Close Combat
    Facade
    Protect/Yawn

Bold = Most likely using

Ursaring will be under Trick room conditions, hence -Speed nature. My Celebi will Trick Room and hopefully pass Wish with U-turn. Upon entering, use protect/Yawn to let Flame orb activate. Yawn gives time for set up. Protect stops him from taking damage. Once burned, fling the Flame orb right away to burn opponent (I'm pretty sure fling causes status conditions in regards to the item). Facade for amazing attack (Burn/Facade = 140 + Max attack = 394 + Guts activates = max attack of 586 = 329 attack Power on a maxed defense Dragonite/Garchomp and 251 damage on a maxed defense Skarmory (which I hope I never have to hit)! Wish will kick in at about this time, when I need it, I will get in as many facades as possible. Endure when I think death is nearby. Help?

Also, Hariyama/Machamp can also play this role, I need the one that can take the hits and have awesome attacks!!

Last edited:

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    This strategy is a bit over-the-top and I don't know if it'll work (probably not). Help me please:

Ursaring@Flame Orb
    Ability:Guts
    Brave (+attack -speed) or any other -speed nature
    EVs?- Remember I need it to take hits and have the attack to take down THE best in one hit or two.
    ----------------
    Fling
    Endure/Close Combat
    Facade
    Protect/Yawn

Bold = Most likely using

Ursaring will be under Trick room conditions, hence -Speed nature. My Celebi will Trick Room and hopefully pass Wish with U-turn. Upon entering, use protect/Yawn to let Flame orb activate. Yawn gives time for set up. Protect stops him from taking damage. Once burned, fling the Flame orb right away to burn opponent (I'm pretty sure fling causes status conditions in regards to the item). Facade for amazing attack (Burn/Facade = 140 + Max attack = 394 + Guts activates = max attack of 586 = 329 attack Power on a maxed defense Dragonite/Garchomp and 251 damage on a maxed defense Skarmory (which I hope I never have to hit)! Wish will kick in at about this time, when I need it, I will get in as many facades as possible. Endure when I think death is nearby. Help?

Also, Hariyama/Machamp can also play this role, I need the one that can take the hits and have awesome attacks!!

Use the poison orb instead, burn HALVES attack, so if he had a max attack stat of say 400, when burned it would be 200, so poison is the way to go.

And this method is used a lot, just not with Urasing, but with whats his face, Hera, cept he doesn't get stabed facade, oh yeah, Slaking does it well too, cept his ability is gay. ahwell he is still good.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Use the poison orb instead, burn HALVES attack, so if he had a max attack stat of say 400, when burned it would be 200, so poison is the way to go.

And this method is used a lot, just not with Urasing, but with whats his face, Hera, cept he doesn't get stabed facade, oh yeah, Slaking does it well too, cept his ability is gay. ahwell he is still good.

What? I thought burn doesn't halve your attack if you got the guts ability. It will just take your HP out slowly not halve your attack.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    you're forgetting ursaring has "guts" ability so burn won't halve its attack in this case.

this is an okay strategy but it has flaws. endure has no use whatsoever because even if you endure a hit when you think death is near, you survive the hit but you won't survive the burn.

i would suggest dropping the flame orb idea. how about just switching him in to take status? I mean more often than not your opponent is going to try to use status effect, so just switch him in to take those, and turn their strategy against them.

Ursaring@leftovers/choice scarf
    quickfeet:speed increases with status
    adamant +att -sp.att
    ev:6hp 252att 252speed
    -sword dance/sleep talk
    -facade
    -focus punch/close combat/brick break
    -crunch

now that's pretty good. switch in to status effect and increase your speed, outspeeding most pokemon. get a sword dance up if you can and have fun with it. you can use the choice scarf set to ensure you become one of the fastest pokemon.

Years
    I like your idea. Just don't bother with Endure. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Oh wait. One more thing. Fling is almost useless under any circumstance. Just drop it for something else. Something far more powerful.

As for you, c dog, you realize the Choice Scarf prevents you from using different moves, right? Doesn't it? Or does it raise your speed if you repeatedly use the same move? Regardless, Swords Dance makes a Choice anything useless.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    I like your idea. Just don't bother with Endure. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Oh wait. One more thing. Fling is almost useless under any circumstance. Just drop it for something else. Something far more powerful.

As for you, c dog, you realize the Choice Scarf prevents you from using different moves, right? Doesn't it? Or does it raise your speed if you repeatedly use the same move? Regardless, Swords Dance makes a Choice anything useless.

choice scarf is x1.5 speed. and sword dance is obviously for the leftover set. for choice scarf set you want sleep talk over sword dance, i clearly had both choice scarf and sleep talk as alternatives, if people can read that is.

Back