• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News US DC protests, White House breached

Years
  • Trump supporters are rioting through the country. They got to the white house itself and the national guard has been called, as well as people evacuated.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/tru...n-washington-to-protest-election-results.html
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...aselessly-asserts-voter-fraud-speech-n1253011
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/washington-protesters-1.5863486

Difference in police response: https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/police...oters-and-blm-night-and-day-experts-1.5256386

Warnings for racist imagery.

If you live in the US, please keep indoors! Be careful with where you go and who you talk to.

Stay safe out there PC.

User19sq

Oh yeah, this would've certainly been handled drastically differently if it was a group of ethnically-diverse protesters, BLM or not. It don't help that Trump just encouraged this behavior in his own underhanded, hidden-in-plain-sight sort of way.

In response to this event, both Trump and some officials are being targeted for removal by their fellow colleagues. So I hear.

Gimmie dat popcorn.

Years
  • I believe there's effort to impeach him again so that he cannot re run in 2024.
    Also, three house employees have stepped down.

Years
  • So ashamed to be an American, these idiots carrying Confederate flags through the White House, the police are taking it too easy on them as well, imagine if they weren't white...

Years
  • Absolutely crazy. And what's worse is my parents have always believed that republicans are 'the calmer group and wouldn't riot if they lost, unlike democrats.' The sad thing is, some of the family might still believe that despite this stuff happening too, for silly reasons like 'Trump deserved to win, they should be rioting to get him his rightful place because it's fair.'

Years
  • As I understand it the Capitol is secure currently, though the state of emergency declaration will be extended for the next two weeks. 52 arrests have been made, 47 of them for unlawful entry and/or curfew violation. 26 people were arrested on the Capitol grounds. At least 4 armed persons were arrested for carrying firearms without license, and 1 for a prohibited weapon.

https://www.axios.com/trump-congres...ers-6665cdc4-2f18-42e0-8f2e-190338190e18.html

4 people have been killed, and 14 police officers were injured. One of the demonstrators shot and killed has been identified by her family as Ashli Babbit, a 35-year old Sandiego woman, who was a US air force veteran, a business owner and a wife.

https://www.kusi.com/kusi-news-confirms-identity-of-woman-shot-and-killed-inside-us-capitol/

It's not clear who the other people killed were, if they were rioters, unarmed protestors, employees of the Capitol building, police officers.

There was also a pipe bomb found in the Capitol complex, and another at the Republican National Committee Headquarters in DC. Fortunately, both bombs have been detonated safely. Authorities are investing a vehicle parked outside RNC headquarters loaded with guns and ammunition as possibly connected to the pipe bombs.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pipe-bomb-reportedly-found-at-rnc-headquarters-dnc-evacuated-2021-1

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It was a damn joke by a joke of a President. These people are idiots who made America look like a joke. This is the kind of stuff you only seem to see in other parts of the world and never think it will happen here because we're to evolved for that. ALL should be thrown in jail.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Didn't think that they'd legit storm the capitol building, but I'm not surprised in the slightest either.

I wouldn't expect this 2nd impeachment attempt to work out or for there to be any real accountability for Trump and the politicians that played a part in inciting what happened yesterday though.

Years
  • If anything, there should be invocation of the 25th Amendment more than another impeachment process.

Years
  • It's a travesty, not just for America, but for democracy everywhere. Things like this happen in all manner of places, all the time, but you somehow don't expect it from the States.

Stay safe American cousins. Better times will come, it is often darkest before dawn.

Years
  • Capitol police needs to be thoroughly investigated, the collaborators purged and punished to the fullest extent of the law. These "watchmen" who "stood back and stood by" while a disorganized mob strolled into the Capitol building are the analogous to the people who would have facilitated a coup in a country in Latin America or the Middle East. Those who rebel against the legitimate democratic order and those who collaborate with them are enemies of democracy and need to be treated as such, or else they will have stated that you can threaten the integrity of democracy and nothing will be done.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm just...

appalled.

I originally thought "There's no way they would get away with too much, because whatever they're allowed to get away with under Trump, means that in the future they'll just think they can get away with the same, or even more!", and now it has been proven that people really can get away with anything with not nearly enough punishment. The police acted like they couldn't take care of it, but we saw how much harder they worked during BLM protests, and how many protesters they killed. This wasn't a Target loot, this was the Capitol, and there was a smaller police response. Staff said "They didn't wanna make it worse", Lmao. Worse?

I'm not saying they should've all been shot, people should never have been shot at the BLM protests. I'm saying the double-standards in this country are very strong and they disgust me.

People are out of their minds to let Trump get away with what he gets away with, and they can't step in because "He's the President". The president in South Korea did half what Trump did a few years ago, and they got her outta there in two or three months and had someone else elected, but we don't have enough individual man power to get him out even when he's a danger?? Rules are man made, and they need to be fixed so that nothing like this can ever happen again.

Back