• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen US game works with european internet?

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • I bought diamond in europe before it came out because a certain retailer in my neighborhood sells ds games before the pal verions out. So as my title asks: Does the Us version of diamond work with the european internet. My DS is europen as well if that helps.

gotron228

^_^
    Years
  • it should work my cousin lives in europe and has a US legit game of both diamond and pearl and were on wifi all the time.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    I also imported the game right away when it was out in the USA (I live in Europe) and it worked straight away. But figuring out your wirless internet can sometimes be a pain.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    I remember something with WEP and WAP keys or something when i tried to get wifi to work for mario kart, but so your wifi works now?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • No I just asked for when I get a ds lite. But if you want to battle/trade wait a couple of months for me to train.
    The wep/wap key is for if its secured/protected

mko

Custom User Title
    Years
  • I remember something with WEP and WAP keys or something when i tried to get wifi to work for mario kart, but so your wifi works now?

WEP WPA are about wireless access point you're connecting. DS dont support WPA so no Wi-Fi game can be played. But It's not about Europe or US same thing all across the globe.

Ah and a side notice; all *non-legit* ds games do work with Nintendo WFC :pirate:

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    The Internet is the Internet, so there is no "European Internet"; Internet is short for "International Network". So your American copy of Diamond should work.

Back