• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

US New 3DS bundle + Europe RBY 2DS consoles

Years
  • Source: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

In celebration of Pokemon's 20th anniversary, there are some new console bundles coming to the US and Europe.

The US will be getting a New 3DS bundle with Charizard and Blastoise coverplates, and Pokemon Red & Blue pre-installed on the system. There will also be an exclusive 3DS theme in the bundle, although it is unknown at this stage.

Europeans will also be getting a piece of the nostalgia with Red, Blue and Yellow 2DS bundles which come in the three colours, with the corresponding version pre-installed on the system. There will also be a code for a special theme to unlock on the 2DS. These editions are identical to the ones in Japan, if this is to go by.

Edit: Australia will also be getting the same 2DS bundles as Europe, according to the EB Games Twitter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Well my life is complete I can't wait to get my hands on the 3DS. This is so exciting and just what I wanted this year tbh!

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Welp there is no way I am going to get one of those. Don't the 3 games come out on E-shop? Really wanna play yellow without the emu.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Not going to get it, but looks great and it would work better if it had the manual, map etc. like what Japan had in my opinion.

Years
  • Glad I waited to buy an n3DS. Even though it's still a ways away it gives me more time to save up and not feel as unsure about buying a bundle (especially when it doesn't have meh cover plates like the ACHHD one).

oh mannnn <3

Years
  • I think I am going to get the new 3DS bundle. I have the original 3DS console and its starting to slow down. Plus, that Charizard plate is old school.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Thrilled. Besides the fact I have a launch era 3DS I should be upgrading, it'll be nice to play the classics again.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm thrilled when hearing that the New 3DS' latest bundle will be out soon, but I'll cross my fingers and hope that the bundle will be cheaper than Animal Crossing ones, so that I may be able to afford to get one in Chinese New Year, even though I already bought New 3DS XL in about a month ago.

And I must say, both New 3DS/2DS bundles will be a treat for any of us who wanted to play classic Pokémon games!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I want to know why the U.S. got screwed over with the 2DS bundles when both Europe and Japan are getting them? Is it because the 2DS isn't as popular in the U.S. compared to the other two regions?

Years
  • I want to know why the U.S. got screwed over with the 2DS bundles when both Europe and Japan are getting them? Is it because the 2DS isn't as popular in the U.S. compared to the other two regions?

I know the 2DS is mainly targeted towards younger players who may be sensitive to the 3D, but still it is a mystery as to why the US got something different compared to everywhere else.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'm totally getting the bundle. I have tax refund money coming in early in February and I'll use that to get the bundle. I'm really excited for this and all of the stuff going on for the 20th anniversary.

Years
  • My personal ideal sort of bundle would have been a New Nintendo 3DS XL with the same aesthetic transparency as the 2DS bundles, but the face plates are cool, I suppose. I always liked Sugimori's old light watercolor style from Gens 1 and 2. Nonetheless, I just got a New Nintendo 3DS XL and have no interest in buying another system for collector purposes. If I were a mother and lived in Europe, with a child approaching age 6, I would totally get them the 2DS bundle of their choice. Age 6 was when I first started playing Pokemon. xD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I have been very seriously considering buying the Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer N3DS bundle lately, but I'm so glad I waited since they announced this. I'm absolutely, definitely buying this bundle the day it comes out. Like, I'll be waiting outside the store for it to open in order to buy this bundle lol, I'm hyped for it. I'm going to be filing my taxes soon plus I'll be selling one of my old 3DS XLs too, so it shouldn't put too much of a dent in my wallet.

I'm literally as excited for this bundle as I would be if it were a new game coming out, which has never happened for me before tbh.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I preordered mine this morning at the store. I can't wait till it comes out!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I really like the look of the Yellow 2DS I have no reason to buy it other than the appearance as my aqua 3DS is still in full working order.

The Red and Blue 2DS look very similar to the Ruby and Sapphire bundles other than the coloured face buttons.

Tl.dr I really like the Yellow 2DS but can't justify buying it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I was really hoping NOA would release the black-colored regular New 3DS. However, I'm just gonna be hasty and get the Charizard New 3DS because it looks great. I'll import a Kyogre face plate later on.

Back