• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

USB device not recognized

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    What is the device that isn't being recognized?
    Does it work on a different computer?

Kind of hard to do much with that little information.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Like SpeedyGeek said, little information would be better.

- What USB device is it?
    - Check that your USB port is working because it's very usual problem
    - Try to update some drivers

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Did you try in all of the USB ports in your computer? Are you sure the drivers are up to date? We might need more info than just an image. If you tried it on a different computer and it works, then it's probably the USB ports of the computer. If not, then there's a better chance that the USB drive is corrupted/malfunctioned, and you might have to fix it with just a format (baibai data :( )

Guest123_x1

-What kind of device exactly did you plug in that you're having trouble with that your screenshot is showing?
    -Did you unplug the device then plug it back in after that message came up?
    -Did you plug any other USB devices into the port you plugged the troublesome device in? If you have trouble with other devices plugged in to that port, either that particular port or even your USB host controller is going bad.
    -Finally, did you click the message as told by the message balloon, to get more information if any about the issue?

HyperVortex

Youtube Battler
    Years
  • It's a Micro SD USB adaptor . It looks like this . https://www.lightinthebox.com/Sundike-USB-2-0-Micro-SD-TF-Card-Reader_p75371.html

I've tried it on a different laptop , Windows 7 and it didn't work . I'm using Windows Vista.

I'm not a technology guy , so I don't know how to update a driver.

My USB port says when I plug it in, Unknown Device.

I turned off the power completly from my computer , unplugged cord from wall . And waited for 5 minutes like I was suggested and turned it back on and it worked for like 5 seconds.

"-Did you unplug the device then plug it back in after that message came up? " ....... Yes
    "-Did you plug any other USB devices into the port you plugged the troublesome device in?"....... No
    "-Finally, did you [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]click
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] the message as told by the message balloon, to get more information if any about the issue?"[/FONT]........ Yes it said I had a unknown port and that's it .

Guest123_x1

From your answers, it appears your card reader might be bad. Windows 2000 and later (including XP, Vista, and 7) ship with drivers that work with most standard USB mass storage devices, including flash sticks and card readers, so I doubt it's a driver issue (unless, somehow, your device does not support the Mass Storage Device Class specification, which is very unlikely).

HyperVortex

Youtube Battler
    Years
  • I ordered a new one . It should come next tuesday . But problem is , I have to reformat when I get the thing which I have no Idea how to do . xD

Back