• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Useful Flying Pokemon

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Butterfree: Compoundeyes Sleep Powder and Stun Spore
    Jumpluff: Surprisingly useful, though weak. But thats why one would switch
    Kenya, the Spearow/Fearow: Oh, sure. I'll deliver the mail. *runs* The rate it levels is yummy.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    FARFETCH'D!!!!!! am i the only that likes it? it has a rediculously high chance of getting critical hits if it has the stick and you teach it slash or night slash, if it has keen eye its amazing plus i can learn poison jab.

so what if it isnt that strong the critical hits make up for it, plus it can learn a couple of hm's so your hm slave wont have to learn cut!

i wish people would give farfetch'd a chance...

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    Haven't seen Aerodactyl mentioned. Obviously you get him really late in the game, but I think he's worth training. Using Skarmory right now, and he can take a beating.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I had crobat as my flyer, mainly because it's fast and can have a few good movesets. Also because it's easy to find zubats at the start. I have HG, so I couldn't find skarmory but in SS, I used it, and it was really good defensively.

AHC

Why Hi There!
    Years
    In game wise I used Murkrow because it has a very different movepool compared to the rest plus its attack and speed stats are just as high as something like Pidgeot and now has access to brave bird as an egg move.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    Gligar --> Gliscor

Solid attack, defense and speed. Learns sword dance and you can breed it for Wing Attack.

Most of it's learned moveset is trash, but it has solid TM's like Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Brick Break.

It's the only flying type immune to electric and has only two weaknesses water and ice.

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
    My shiny Staraptor and Togekiss are pretty useful flying types. they're fast and sturdy, you know? It takes a lot to bring them down.​

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    Staraptor is my best pokemon in Diamon due to the move brave bird which takes down mostly anything in it's way however, since we're talking about HG/SS I'm going to defend Noctowl. Noctowl has the ability to learn confusion and zen headbutt which accompanied with his flying moves make him a huge threat to fighting pokemon, his psychic moves also take care of poison pokmon and his flying moves take care of bug pokemon. Noctowl is on my team and has helped me with Bugsy, Chuck, Koga and Bruno.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Dodrio is the best since you can get it very early (People have forgotten that you can get doduo on the very first pokewalker route)

Years
    I'd say Crobat is still one of the most useful, being able to poison everything, as well as being insanely fast, and it also has decent attack and HP, for a flying type. Not to mention it's totally rad. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    i have a VM-mule pokemon^^ also for fly. need my attackslots for efficent stuff^^

Back