• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Useless and anoying pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nnoitra Jiruga

Your. SCREAM's. a. whisper.
    Years
    Magikarp. It's useless. All it know is splash and tackle.
    And Metapod. WHAT IS THE USE OF IT? (Well probably as a transformation path from Caterpie to Butterfree but...) It's still annoying.
    Probably Bidoof too. I only use them for slaves. That's the only good thing 'bout them.
    'Kay I'm done with mah rant. 8 D

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I don't think any Pokemon is useless, honestly. Even Magikarp becomes Gyrados. What's so useless about Gyrados? I used to kick butt in Red and Blue with my Gyrados. Metapod becomes Butterfree. She might not have the best stats; but she is one heckuva Pokemon! And, regardless of rather or not the Pokemon evolves; you can make due. I beat a game once with a Plusle in my party. Everyone says Plusle is useless because he doesn't evolve, though. xD

Now, as far as annoying goes, it used to annoy me when I so much as turned around in a cave and I'd run into a zubat! Ugg... and it seems to get worse in every game.

Years
    I would be willing to vote for Zubat. It made me so man in my red version days I swore I would never use one. Then I finally got Crystal, caught one, and turned it into an awesome Crobat. I still want to judo chop it whenever I see one in a cave (which is often).

Also, Ekans, or Tentacool, or Onix, or any pokemon that knows wrap. That is the most annoying move in the game, especially in the 1st gen. It takes 5 turns, and doesn't even do any damage. If it at least did some damage I could respect it, but it takes away like 1 HP. So it really just wastes my time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I really hate Pokemon that are low level and keep annoying me by popping up in the wild.
    For example.
    While surfing - Tentacool
    In grass - Caterpie, Weedle , Spearow , Oddish
    Caves - Zubat, Geodude

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I've changed my mind about Bidoof, it's not such a useless Pokémon. But the most useless and annoying would have to be Zubat. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's just so annoying!!

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Lila said:
    Jynx: She has horrible stats and can't learn many moves. I don't understand why she didn't get an evolution like Tangela, Magmar and Electabuzz!
    What happened? Lorelei froze your Charizard and you hate Jynx for that? Jynx learns fantastic moves in Focus Blast, Ice Beam/Blizzard, Grass Knot and many more, all working off a magnificant 115 base SpA.
    Useless and anoying pokemon

Jynx pwns <3...
    As for the thread's quetion, Zubat is the most annoying when encountered in the wild, but I don't think any Pokemon deserves to be called "useless".

Last edited:

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    I like Dunsparce, probably because I was breeding for a Modest/Serence Grace and got it first go!

Most annoying is definately Zubat or Bidoof, but at least with Bidoof when you use tackle the move hit's it right in the face... Brilliant!

I don't think any are 'useless' with the right training.

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I hate zubat and magikarp! annoying and tentacool when surfing, pretty annoying when I encounter this pokemons.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    None of them, But in school every1 kept saying about Majikarp, But when u trained it it got even better

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I would be willing to vote for Zubat. It made me so man in my red version days I swore I would never use one. Then I finally got Crystal, caught one, and turned it into an awesome Crobat. I still want to judo chop it whenever I see one in a cave (which is often).

Also, Ekans, or Tentacool, or Onix, or any pokemon that knows wrap. That is the most annoying move in the game, especially in the 1st gen. It takes 5 turns, and doesn't even do any damage. If it at least did some damage I could respect it, but it takes away like 1 HP. So it really just wastes my time.

I actually found Wrap to be a really useful move if you've got a pokemon with high speed, because you could use several times in a row without the other guy even getting a go. :P

I had a great Victreebell that I used for catching pokemon. Take away most of the wild pokemon's health with a powerful move, then put it to sleep with sleep powder, then use wrap until it's got a miniscule bit of health left, throw a ball and you're done. I love Wrap. :)

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Haha oooh yeah I noticed the thread is more for what you find annoying, and not what is useless.

Well if that's the case, I'll have to say

ZUBAT. Zubat is the most annoying pokemon, unless it evolves into Crobat, which is sweeeeeet.

And there I was ranting about Magikarp above.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Grr i hate all pokemon with high defense they are absolutely annoying. This includes the following little evils Blissey Clefable Snorlax (although i woudl use it cause it isn't putrid pink :}) and almost every other normal type out there. psht stupid defense pokemon XP

Just for your information:

Snorlax:
    Base stats:
    HP: 160
    Attack: 110
    Defense: 65
    Special Attack: 65
    Special Defense: 110
    Speed: 30

Blissey
    Base stats:
    HP: 255
    Attack: 10
    Defense:
    Special Attack: 75
    Special Defense: 135
    Speed: 55

When did a base stat of 10 defence become high? The only ones with a lower defense are Chansey and Happiny, both of them pre-evos to Blissey. :bandit:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Anoying PoKèmon during the game RPG? Mah, the Golbats that hey meet him in the caves, if you have a slow team it becomes very difficult to continue.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    Zubat but Is only good when evolved Into Crobat but he's really annoying when your trying to reach a cave rooftop like Mt.Coronet and he just appears.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back