• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Useless Experience Points

Years
  • Everybody likes EXP, right? Well, not in these instances. Turns out there are battles where you're simply unable to fully enjoy the EXP given to you. Maybe it was a Final Boss that inexplicably gives EXP just like any other enemy despite The End just being around the corner. Or maybe you had a guest party member with you that's only with you for that one battle despite being give EXP as well. My example comes from FFX in the form of Seymour Guado. He's in your party for only one boss battle and yet still gets AP and Sphere Levels like the rest. At least now you know why he's such a pain in the ass when it's your turn to fight him.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Everybody likes EXP, right? Well, not in these instances. Turns out there are battles where you're simply unable to fully enjoy the EXP given to you. Maybe it was a Final Boss that inexplicably gives EXP just like any other enemy despite The End just being around the corner. Or maybe you had a guest party member with you that's only with you for that one battle despite being give EXP as well. My example comes from FFX in the form of Seymour Guado. He's in your party for only one boss battle and yet still gets AP and Sphere Levels like the rest. At least now you know why he's such a pain in the ass when it's your turn to fight him.

I hated that! And he gets more levelups then your party! I do wonder if it actually affects your future fights :/ probably not

Yukari

Pretty much any character in any RPG that dies because of story reasons.

It's frustrating when that happens. s:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    I get pretty discouraged in Darkest Dungeon sometimes - death is always imminent even with my "best" heroes, and everything I invest in them can be wiped out in seconds. :( It's a roguelike, so it hurts when you permanently lose your best characters. I guess this answer applies to most roguelikes.

Years
  • That moment when you finally defeat Ansem in first KH and behold! You get level ups for your party but since the game is over, there's no more use for them.

Back