• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Username Origins

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I honestly can't remember how I came up with my original username, UltimaZelfier. I think I was a huge Final Fantasy fanatic back then and Ultima is a pretty popular (and strong!) spell name in the series. The Zelfier part, nope. A few months later, I got tired of the name and when I realized that we could change usernames I ultimately removed the Ultima- part of the username. Zelfier was a pretty cool name. Then WOFZ came into existence. Somehow they started calling me Zeffy and it became quite attached to me so I stuck with the name. I eventually changed to it during the final name change.

It's not interesting, but it's history to me.

Years
    My sister nicknamed me sammi-san back in 2004ish, when I started using the Internet. I liked it well enough. As you can tell, my username took me like 5 seconds to figure out. :p

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Alex is my real name, Ozzy is the nickname I've had at every school I've ever been to (for separate reasons each time!) and Cake is... well, cake is wonderful! So put them all together and you get my name. :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    The origin of my username, AWsquared, goes back to when I was in 10th grade (10th year or Junior). In February of 2010, I joined a site called Dailybooth. It was basically a photoblogging site where people would take a photo of themselves everyday and would document their lives through pictures. Basically a social networking site with pictures. I say was because it's shutting down, probably because of too much competition from Instagram. Anyway, I wanted a creative and fun name that incorporated my IRL name, Aaron. So I went with "AaronWhatAaronWho".

At the same time, I decided to make a goal of becoming a famous YouTube star like Shane Dawson or RayWilliamJohnson. ( who I now think are both awful). I initially was gonna go with AaronWhatAaronWho. Though while I really thought the name was nice, it felt a little odd. I soon realized the name was way too long. So I thought of a way to shorten it. My first thought was AaronWho but I didn't like the sound of that.Then I came up with AaronWhat, but I also thought didn't sound good. Then I thought of the mathematical term "squared". If you know algebra, you know that a square number is a number that is multiplied by itself. I figured that if AaronWhatAaronWho would be a square number, that it would be written as AWsquared or AW2. I wasn't sure if AW2 was possible so I decided to go with AWsquared. I figured it was also easier to type out anyway. I changed my Dailybooth username to AWsqaured. I then created my Youtube channel and choose AWsquared as my username. This eventually became my Twitter handle and the username I now use when registering for most sites.

I never actually started the YouTube vlog that I wanted to. So obviously I didn't become famous. I actually haven't uploaded a single video to that channel. I didn't have enough time to record myself talking basically daily and still don't. I also didn't have a good enough quality camera and couldn't find a room in my house to get enough lighting. And now I don't have a camera at all so that is also a contributing factor. I now use the channel mainly to comment on videos.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I usually use LightningHarpy; Harpy is from when I was really getting into YGO but that since has died down a bit :p

And Lightning, because it sounds cool. Kinda ironic using it on a Pokemon forum since I don't really like Electric-types.

And I picked up AzaleaLightning at FanFiction.net because I wanted to use something different but still a little comparable. No relation to Azalea Town, I picked it cause I like the flower.

Years
    I use to go by 05jamesd, but I thought it was unoriginal and some other people have used it before on websites I'd rather not be affiliated with.
    So back when I was on my first forum I joined a club that was basically a place where people would post spliced pokemon sprites. I eventually became well known for mixing pokemon trainer sprites with pokemon, and when asked what I call them I said 'Hybrid Trainers'. Eventually people started calling me the Hybrid Trainer and when I moved onto other sites the name just stuck with me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I used to use this username on every forum I went on pretty much. I first used it on BMGF and switched usernames when I hit 1000 posts there, kind of silly but oh well, I just wanted to. It was really random. I like shinies and Celebi is my favorite Pokemon so I just threw it together.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I had no clue what to name myself when registering, so I thought of the two most random words, an adjective and a noun though, that didn't go together. Put all that into the randomness blender and you get a Sassy Milkshake.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My username was inspired by this:

Username Origins

Meet the Buick LeSabre, a full-size automobile made from 1958 to 2005.

As for the "Elite Overlord" part of my username, I just wanted something that sounded cool and impressive lol

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    Well, I read Watership Down and a very minor character with no real part in the story was named Snowdrop, so I thought it was a pretty name and I'd never heard it before. Then I looked up what a snowdrop is and it turns out its a plain, white little flower that droops. I just thought snowdrop sounded pretty and I like snow, so there you go... Snowdrop :P

Back