• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Using an item bug

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    Hello, I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but it seems that whenever I use a healing item such as a Potion, Oran Berry, or Ether in the middle of the battle, the battle scene goes black and I'm only able to see the command prompt (Fight, Pokemon, Items, and Run). Here's what happened to me in detail: I got into a battle with a Hoothoot at night, my Cyndaquil was getting low on health, so I decided to use an Oran Berry to heal it. When it took me to the party screen, I clicked on Cyndaquil and he was healed. After that, the screen faded and attempted to go back to the battle scene, but all I saw was a black screen. I could still continue with the battle and end it, but I couldn't see the Pokemon's Sprites, HP or EXP bar, or the background. While using attacks like Tackle or Leer, I could see the sprites flash for a second, then disappear again. I'm no expert when it comes to coding or programming, so I have no idea how to solve this issue. A thanks in advance, help would be very much appreciated.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
    I tested it with an oran berry and a potion on a stock essentials, and I found no problem, what have you done to your game, code-wise?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Can you try replicating it while the internal flag is on? You'll find a way to turn it on at the bottom of the Debug menu. Then show us any error message that appears.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    I have downloaded the update of version 12 and replace the script; now it's fine. Thank you guys a lot.

Back