• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU/BL merger RMT

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
Years
  • Smogon will be conducting their UU/BL merger very soon, and I want to get into UU when they do, so I've concocted a team for UU, but I'm new, so I'd appreciate any and all help.

Rapidash@Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    Flash Fire
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    ~Hypnosis
    ~Will-o-Wisp
    ~Megahorn
    ~Flare Blitz

Double Status, focus sash ensures that I'll get to attempt a Hypnosis, WoW on the switch then hit with STAB or Megahorn

Probopass@Chople Berry
    Calm Nature
    Magnet Pull
    252 HP / 168 SpD / 88 Def
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Power Gem
    ~Earth Power

My special wall, sets up rocks, cripples, then proceeds to hit with Power Gem/Earth Power.

Hitmonlee@Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    Limber
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~Close Combat
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Earthquake
    ~Sucker Punch

Physical Sweeper, fire away with STAB CC, Stone Edge and Earthquake for extra coverage. Sucker punch priority for pesky psychics

Espeon@Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    Synchronize
    6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~Fake Tears
    ~Psychic
    ~HP Fighting
    ~Shadow Ball

Special sweeper, Fake Tears either forces the switch or causes them to die because of SR. Shadow Ball for Mismagius

Octillery@Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    Suction Cups
    252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Surf
    ~Energy Ball
    ~Toxic

Toxic screws up stallers, then fire away

Uxie@Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    Levitate
    240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Atk
    ~Reflect
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Zen Headbutt
    ~U-Turn

Tank Uxie courtesy of Samson
    There you have it, my UU team, any and all help appreciated, thanks :)

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • eh probopass... if you really want it to work, i highly suggest chople berry. hp fight is very common in the lower tiers, but it also gives you a bit of security against some physical attackers. still tho, the speed EVs are absolutely retarded when one of its main objectives is to paralyze opponents. drop them for some def or sp atk.

bulk up on hitmonlee is bad. just run an all attacking life orb set replacing bulk up with Suckerpunch.

your "plan" for Octillery is quite a waste. please just give it choice specs or give it leftovers. it can actually take hits quite well, so give it 252 SP ATK/252 HP. charge beam might be helpful against some stallers/bulky waters but you already have energy ball, so i suggest you take advantage of his ability and give it toxic to take care of stallers.

your team is way too specially-based. i can imagine subCM mismagius taking this team to town. scarf pinsir has a field day and once rapidash is out of the picture, simple scyther sets take the hit from espeon and sweep.

i suggest dropping slowbro for a better defensive tank/wall. shuckle is a great option, though uxie is a better one with reflect support, zen headbutt + fire punch + uturn. this thing is just RELENTLESS in the BL tier, i'm surprised it hasn't gone up for questioning. even w/ its weakness to suckerpunch/u-turn, it just embarrasses fools. GO UXIE!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Why use Signal Beam over Shadow Ball on Espeon? I know Signal Beam hits grassers harder, but Celebi is out of the picture obviously and most grass types have poison typing to cancel the supereffective hit anyways (which makes the susceptible to Psychic as well). Shadow Ball hits Psychics a little harder, but most importantly beats CM Mismagius, which is a HUGE threat.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Mismagius already gets pwned by STAB Psychic
    How does Mismagius get pwned by Psychic if it is not very effective? I would go with Shadow Ball>>Signal Beam, Signal Beam isn't neccesary to have, but Shadow Ball is a must.

Years
  • How does Mismagius get pwned by Psychic if it is not very effective? I would go with Shadow Ball>>Signal Beam, Signal Beam isn't neccesary to have, but Shadow Ball is a must.

You guys need to pay more attention. Psychic is neither 'pwning' or not very effective against Ghost, it's neutral. I am assuming people get the first impressiong from Gengar's second Poison Type. Shadow Ball is indeed a better option, though.

This tier is going to be a total mess to begin with. It's basically going to be BL with a few UUs. :D

Samson

Years
  • on uxie, i'd run impish nature w/ 240 HP/212 DEF/56 ATK. no need to have a -spd nature when you're not running any special attacks.

they are right, i didn't even notice your espeon had signal beam instead of shadow ball. they are absolutely right, shadow ball is important for you to handle mismagius and also hits spiritomb harder. also, espeon does NOT need leftovers on such a set. give it life orb/wide glasses. it will be crucial for espeon to do as much damage as possible after it uses fake tears on the switch-in.

Samson

Years
  • i believe the idea for sash is to inflict status first then attack. flare blitz is fine (and HURTZ!!).

EDIT: now that i think about it, i think you should go adamant on hitmonlee. it really needs the extra damage.

and i still think you should consider something other than leftovers on espeon. the idea for espeon is to force a switch, use fake tears and do some real damage to whatever comes in. unfortunately, espeon can't do much for itself in taking physical hits and staying in the fight that easily. reflect support helps espeon do this somewhat, but i still think you should cover your bases if you want espeon to sweep stuff. a Colbur berry gives Espeon so much MORE assurance against whatever switches in without having to do some serious investing in HP/Def. suckerpunch has become available to so many pokemon in Platinum, making it easier to counter psychics w/ poor physical defense, espeon being a prime example. dark pulse/crunch/night slash/pursuit also lose that KOing power over Espeon.

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I agree with Samson a tad there. I had never seen Rapidash used as a lead before, at least never in a UU/BL merge. But Blitz can dent seriously against, lets say Slowking (unless they run Sp, Def.)

Rough calculations:

Rapidash:
    Damage: 79 - 93
    Damage: 23.87% - 28.10%

But I do not know if that moveset will help, especially double status...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Flare Blitz is physical by the way, and Megahorn already rapes Slowking. On that Rapidash, get rid of Focus Sash, since Flare Blitz will be ruining the Sash anyways. Replace it with something useful, perhaps Leftovers or even Life Orb if you're concerned with power.

Shadow Ball >> Signal Beam on Espeon. Mismagius doesn't get "pwned" by Psychic, since it can easily live it due to its underrated Special Defense, and then Sub/Shadow Ball the cat.

Back