• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU in OU?

Get Away From That Outlet Pikachu!

You can haz Thunderbolt?
    Years
    I made a UU team recently but I found it fared better in OU than UU, some I'd like input on how I can make it better :)

UU in OU?

Ambipom @ Life Orb
    Ability : Technician
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Double Hit
    ~ Payback
    ~ Fake Out
    ~ U-Turn

This guy is awesome, he comes in, uses Fake Out, then, when most people expect a U-Turn, he uses Double Hit, Double Hit is better than Return imo, because it can break Substitutes and such.

UU in OU?

Uxie @ Leftovers
    Ability : Levitate
    Nature: Relaxed
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 SpD

~ U-Turn
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Yawn

This is who Ambipom usually U-Turns to, this guy is awesome, has great defenses, and gets rocks up, afterwards he usually Yawns and gets outta there.

UU in OU?

Manectric @ Petaya Berry
    Ability : Static
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Hidden Power [Grass]
    ~ Flamethrower

Special sweeper, usually throws up a sub and fires off Thunderbolts, HP grass is there for those Rock/Ground and Water/Ground Pokes, Flamethrower for Grass and Steel types.

UU in OU?

Flygon @ Choice Band
    Nature: Lonely
    EV's: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe

~ Earthquake
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ U-Turn

Flygon, outclasses Absol and adds a much needed Thunder Wave absorber to the team, this guy is an absolute monster, STAB Choice Banded Earthquakes and Outrages are not a fun thing for many Pokemon, and U-Turn allows me to scout counters while still getting a decent hit on much of the OU metagame.

UU in OU?

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    Ability : Water Absorb
    Nature : Relaxed
    EV's : 252 HP / 52 Atk / 110 Def / 96 SpA

~ Brick Break
    ~ Hidden Power [Electric]
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Waterfall

My team was extremely Tyranitar weak so in came Poliwrath, this is DA's set recommended by Pokedra, Toxic because I don't like Hypnosis' shaky accuracy, takes care of Tyranitar and to a certain extent Gyarados, as it can come in on its main STAB attack without fail.

UU in OU?

Azelf @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Psychic
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Grass Knot

Whereas Espeon was lowering SP.Def, Azelf will be boosting it's Sp.A making it a lot easier to pull off a sweep, this set does great damage to a lot of the metagame, STAB Psychic after a NP boost threatens to even 3HKO that fat blob Blissey.

There you have it bringing UU up to OU, as always any competent advice is always appreciated.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    You might aswell keep this just to UU, because you know, everything is either outclassed or just metagame weak in ou here so yeah. =/

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    I'd go with what D_A said. An OU team with one or two UU's can work wonders, but a whole team of them in OUs are just downright suckish. I've seen way too many people who use UU teams in OU just endup getting squashed.

But if you insist; nothing can really switch into Hera, Megahorn destroys Uxie,Espeon, and Absol while Close Combat destroys Tauros and Ambipom and can probably OHKO Manectric, so nothing can really switch into it...

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    DA is right. there is a reason why they split UU and OU.

Other than manetric getting the petaya boost, it gets completely walled by bronzong

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    UU in OU?

Tauros @ Choice Band
    Ability : Intimidate
    Nature: Intimidate
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Return
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Zen Headbutt

This guy surprises me alot, he can survive a +1 Outrage from DDKingdra, which is useful when they think they can set up in my face. A STAB Return backed by Choice Band is rather scary, he can put a huge dent in many things.

You mean Adamant, right :P

Anyways, as stated, Heracross murders you pretty easily, so stick to UU

I'll probably come back for a full rate later

Get Away From That Outlet Pikachu!

You can haz Thunderbolt?
    Years
    You mean Adamant, right :P

Anyways, as stated, Heracross murders you pretty easily, so stick to UU

I'll probably come back for a full rate later

Yea, >< I meant Adamant,

as to everyone else, I know that UU and OU are supposed to be split, but I would rather have this team be improved, I don't mind using a few OU pokes, but I'd rather work this team out than scrap this because I was too lazy to work on it.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Using UU in OU was, is, and never will be cool. No one cares that you're using "less viable Pokemon in a stronger metagame". It's been done to death, and people NEVER seem to get the simple fact that if something is less viable than something else, you shouldn't use it because it's inferior. I just felt the need to say that.

Anyway, I'm gonna give you an OU rate since you wanted it. You have one of the biggest LO Dragon Dance Tyranitar weaks I've ever seen. It outruns your entire team, and pretty much KOs them all with Stone Edge / Crunch / Earthquake. Tauros has a slight chance to live, but it can't switch in, and takes an load from Stone Edge anyways. Uxie gets destroyed by Crunch, and doesn't do anything back (bar...Yawn, which sucks as a move since it basically lets the opponent get a free hit on you). Because of this, you need some form of insurance. Personally, I'd add a Poliwrath over something here:

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    252 HP / 52 Atk / 110 Def / 96 SpA
    -Brick Break
    -HP Electric
    -Hypnosis / Toxic.
    -Waterfall / Ice Punch

Yep, D_A's set. Counters Tyranitar and Gyarados to an extent, and also helps with Rain Dance enemies such as Kabutops and Qwilfish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Scizor, Lucario and Salamence also rip you to shreds. Shove in a revenge killer like Scarf Jirachi or something. (Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Iron head/U-Turn or Zen Headbutt @Jolly max speed + att @ scarf)

In addition Blissey cripples your entire team with Thunderwave. Get an immunity like Mamosine or Flygon or something. =/ Tauros is just no, hasnt been remotely good since RBY possibly GSC lol...Zangoose, Granbull etc totally outclass it. It cant do anything to the omnipresent steel types in ou. Id personally put said T-Wave immunity >> it.

I also dont see what this teams strategy is, how do you sweep ? Seems to me you just get walled badly.

I guess you could slap a CB on Absol and use Pursuit for blissey etc this would at least give you a chance of opening up a sweep for Manectric. (Who is actually sadly outclassed by MixVire lol =/)

If you want Pursuit weak poke that can actually sweep and outclasses espy use NP Azelf >> it please. (Totally unbias btw)

There is only so much you can do with a team like this, ou wise.

I HIGHLY advise you dont use this in ou and just stick to UU. Since this team has more potential there.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    UU doesn't work in OU, trust me :) I'm the idiot who tried to ladder on Smogon with a Feebas.

Anyways, SD Luke mauls you over, nothing in you team can take a hit from it after an SD. DDTar massacres you after a DD. CB Scizor eats this alive.

First of all maybe throw in something like ScarfGar or ScarfTran over Espeon as they can revenge-kill threats that would kill this team. Throw in a suicide lead over Amipbom like Aerodactyl, Azelf etc

To be honest even if you do place these Pokemon in, this team won't work in OU. =/

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    Eh, I find my UU team does well in OU because people aren't really expecting certain things. It takes a lot of skill in reading your opponent and tricking them and quite a bit of luck though.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    drop double hit on ambipom for something more productive like taunt/twave. i don't see anything remarkable in the fact that it breaks subs when it'll probably get KO'd by mediocre, nuetral damage when anything can set up rocks on it, and it'll consistently rack up damage w/ life orb and constant switching. i mean, really, you've set it up to just die. at least let it die without putting the rest of your team in jeopardy.

gosh does that manectric get walled. mixed raichu or lb pika would probably do your team more good and they both kinda suck. there are some really annoying Rotom-form sub sets that your team could probably benefit from to handle explosion. wouldn't be a bad idea tho that would give your team a bit of a ghost weak.

Back