• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I thought of a wicked funny idea while browsing Smogon. You guys oughta get quite the kick outta this.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Solrock @ Focus Sash
    Adamant
    EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide

Suicide lead a-go-go! Mostly used for SR use, but if my opponent decides to go all Scarf lead on my ass, then I just blow up to kill them off, seeing as Scarf leads are often fragile little facks. EQ/RS for coverage.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Nidoking @ Choice Band
    Rivalry
    Adamant
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Megahorn
    -Sucker Punch

The key to this entire strategy is to take advantage of Rivalry on Shoddy; Nobody makes the choice of going female with their Pokemon, as it's pretty much entirely a boy's club. So, the crowning glory of this entire team is to abuse the living crap out of Rivalry on Shoddy. CB King has 583 Attack with Rivalry, which is a welcome boost to start laying down some SERIOUS hurt on opponents.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Luxray @ Choice Band
    Rivalry
    Adamant
    -Spark
    -Crunch
    -Ice Fang
    -Quick Attack

Another poke who gets pissed at Shoddy's boy's club mentality. 697 Attack after Rivalry is insane, but its Speed hampers it, so Quick Attack is used on this set to get around Scarfers who aren't Gengar (which is h4x anyway). Spark for STAB and paralysis, Ice Fang and Crunch for coverage.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Grumpig @ Leftovers
    Thick Fat
    Timid
    EV's: 252 HP, 20 Special Defense, 236 Speed
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute
    -Psychic
    -HP Bug

SubCMPig. Psychic is for STAB, HP Bug is for Darks and other Psychics. This thing is a monster at sponging special hits.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
    Jolly
    -Facade
    -Brave Bird
    -U-Turn
    -Pursuit

Status absorber and (sorta) Shuckmonlee counter. Facade and Brave Bird for STAB, U-Turn when the going gets tough, and Pursuit for anything that decides to run.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Bold
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic / Haze

Standard Spinstoise. Surf is STAB, Ice Beam is coverage, Spin is obvious stuffs. Toxic to be a boss tank or Haze to piss off sweepers?

think~ you what know me let

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I thought of a wicked funny idea while browsing Smogon. You guys oughta get quite the kick outta this.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Solrock @ Focus Sash
    Adamant
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide//Stone Edge

Suicide lead a-go-go! Mostly used for SR use, but if my opponent decides to go all Scarf lead on my ass, then I just blow up to kill them off, seeing as Scarf leads are often fragile little facks. EQ/RS for coverage.

Fair enough; since this is a suicide lead, opt for Stone Edge if you wish for more power and get more power for your life.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Nidoking @ Choice Band
    Rivalry
    Adamant
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Megahorn
    -Sucker Punch

The key to this entire strategy is to take advantage of Rivalry on Shoddy; Nobody makes the choice of going female with their Pokemon, as it's pretty much entirely a boy's club. So, the crowning glory of this entire team is to abuse the living crap out of Rivalry on Shoddy. CB King has 583 Attack with Rivalry, which is a welcome boost to start laying down some SERIOUS hurt on opponents.

Honestly, I'll disagree with that. I run female on some things because I'm actually smart, just for Nidoking. lol still, I guess you have a point.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Luxray @ Choice Band
    Rivalry
    Adamant
    -Spark
    -Crunch
    -Ice Fang
    -Quick Attack

Another poke who gets pissed at Shoddy's boy's club mentality. 697 Attack after Rivalry is insane, but its Speed hampers it, so Quick Attack is used on this set to get around Scarfers who aren't Gengar (which is h4x anyway). Spark for STAB and paralysis, Ice Fang and Crunch for coverage.

Same thing as Nido.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Grumpig @ Leftovers
    Thick Fat
    Timid
    EV's: 252 HP, 20 Special Defense, 236 Speed
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute
    -Psychic
    -HP Bug

SubCMPig. Psychic is for STAB, HP Bug is for Darks and other Psychics. This thing is a monster at sponging special hits.

Good set. I used to use it.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
    Jolly
    -Facade
    -Brave Bird
    -U-Turn
    -Pursuit

Status absorber and (sorta) Shuckmonlee counter. Facade and Brave Bird for STAB, U-Turn when the going gets tough, and Pursuit for anything that decides to run.

Yep.

UU Shoddy RMT.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Bold
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic / Haze

Standard Spinstoise. Surf is STAB, Ice Beam is coverage, Spin is obvious stuffs. Toxic to be a boss tank or Haze to piss off sweepers?

Okay, fair enough. Each move has their merits in that last slot. Toxic will wear down ghosts coming in to block RS, while Haze stops a sweep from anything that sets up.

think~ you what know me let

Overall, pretty good team. However, you have no true fighting resist (Grumpig without defense EVs will get destroyed, and Nido won't be lasting long.

Right now, I'm having a brain lapse and can't think, so I'll let someone else give a suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Consider Superpower for Luxray. Quick Attack has it's uses, I suppose, but Superpower lets you hit a lot of pokemon a lot harder.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    L0X PL0X
    This team was a thought, as are most of them.

I'll try to post a serious WiFi team that I can kick some tush with later. Until now, this thread is moot, so burn it like the companion cube!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back