• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(UU) The Other Siders

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    Hello everyone. It's been a long time after I've done an UU Battle since my skill was starting to slip. So I thought of a new UU team which might be better than my last one. But I need you to rate this team or what can be improved.

Here is the team!

Ambipom
    Nature: Jolly
    IV's:27/31/x/x/x/31
    EV's: 17HP/235Atk/252Spd
    Ability: Technician
    Held Item: Lum Berry/Life Orb
    Fake Out
    Taunt
    Payback
    U-Turn

Every team needs to have a lead and Ambipom is the popular choice out of them.

Fake Out to make the other lead flinch and Taunt to cripple it using Stealth Rock or any other moves that can cause problems to the team.

Payback is there to take care of Ghost and Psychic types since it gets a boost from Technician. But U-Turn is there for doing damage and switching out for a more suitable Pokemon.

Ludicolo
    Nature: Bold
    IV's: 31/x/31/28/31/x
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EV's: 252HP/176Def/76SpDef
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Surf/Energy Ball
    Leech Seed
    Toxic
    Subsitute

We can always trust this fruity dude here. This Ludicolo is there for stalling and wearing out the opponent.

Surf is there to take down Fire, Rock and Ground type Pokemon. Probably Steel types as well since Toxic is immune to it.

There's also Energy Ball for some reasons. It's another STAB move for Ludicolo and it's there to take down Water types. But I'm not sure which move to pick though.

Leech Seed. You all know what it does, saps HP to heal even more health. If Substitute was on the field by my side. The opponent will have a problem passing this.

Same for Toxic as well. Wears down other walls and Grass type Pokemon.

When a Pokemon uses Rain Dance, well in Rain Dancing teams actually, Ludicolo's Rain Dish will gain it even MORE HP.

But, the Pokemon it has to watch out nfor is Vileplume and Venusaur since both Pokemon are immune to Toxic and Leech Seed.

Aggron
    Nature: Adamant
    IV's: 31/31/x/x/x/31
    Ability: Rock Head
    EV's: 36HP/252Atk/216Speed
    Held Item: Life Orb/Muscle Band
    Head Smash
    Earthquake
    Rock Polish
    Ice Punch

Such a shame it isn't the prehistoric days because Aggron is not to be taken sightly thanks to the HG/SS moves update. It can even beat a Rampardos if it's not scarfed.

There's now a move that Aggron and smash heads with. Head Smash! Huge damage to the opponent since it's a STAB move and with Rock Head, it won't do recoil damage. The downfall is that the move has 80% accruacy.

Every titan must have Earthquake. Without it, there won't be much about Aggron. It's for taking down Electric, Poison and opposing Steel types.

Ice Punch is there for more type coverage for the Pokemon. Might even freeze the foe.

Rock Polish is there to boost the speed of Aggron since it's a slow Pokemon. When used, it can outspeed Pokemon it can't beat without Rock Polish being used.

It might be strong, but Fighting and Ground types are the ones to watch out for. Plus, Aggron doesn't have much Sp.Def. But don't consider it to be weak.

Mesprit
    Nature: Timid
    IV's: 31/x/x/31/x/31
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252HP/86Sp.Atk/166Speed
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave
    Stealth Rock

Some people use Uxie and some people use Azelf. But there is a Pokemon that has a part of both of those Pokemon, Mesprit. It can both support the team and damage the foe.

Psychic is a STAB move for it.

Ice Beam is there for taking down pesky Dragon and Flying types.

Thunder Wave is used for paralyzing the foe. Once the foe is paralyzed, Mesprit will use Stealth Rock. I believe there can't be a real team without Stealth Rock, is there?

Spiritomb
    Nature: Impish
    IV's: 31/28/31/x/31/x
    Ability: Pressure
    EV's: 4HP/252Atk/252SpDef
    Held Item: Liechi Berry
    Shadow Sneak
    Substitute/Sucker Punch
    Curse
    Pain Split

Weak moves, yes. Useless? Not really. Spiritomb is quite a tricky Pokemon to get around. Even when it curses the opponent.

Shadow Sneak is a first striking move and it's really worth it. Same goes for Sucker Punch for Normal type Pokemon, however it may not be used too often since there's Substitute to protect itself from some attacks.

Curse...It will cut half of it's HP to lit a curse on the foe, once it's HP is low enough, the Liechi Berry will activate, making Spiritomb have more chance to take down certain Pokemon.

Apparently, Pain Split does heal some of Spiritomb's HP. But, it has to be played very carefully otherwise Spiritomb will go down.

Now the reason I chose Sucker Punch there is because there are some Normal type Pokemon which can cause a problem to the team. Such as Swellow. without Sucker Punch, Spiritomb will be walled by that type.

Raichu
    Nature: Timid
    IV's 31/x/x/31/x/31
    Ability: Static
    EV's 4HP/252Sp.Atk/252Speed
    Held Item: Choice Specs
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice
    Grass Knot
    Focus Blast

That's right! Raichu! I know what you all might be thinking. "Raichu is not a good Pokemon since it can't survive an attack." You're right, Raichu might not survive an attack. But it does have decent Sp.Atk and Speed. Plus, if Choice Specs was held. Raichu could take the stage if it can.

Thunderbolt is a STAB move for it.

Hidden Power Ice is for taking down Dragon, Ground and Flying types.

Grass Knot for heavy Ground and Water types.

And finally, Focus Blast. Might not be the best choice for this Pokemon, but it can OHKO a Normal type if it hits.

Yeah, I thought Raichu might be a good Pokemon to fit into the team. It might or might not be helpful for others since Pikachu is more popular than this Pokemon.

Again, you're right about Raichu. But I thought I might give it a go. If you all want me to use Pikachu instead of Raichu because Pikachu is the only Pokemon that has use with Light Ball, please go ahead.

Wel, I guess that wraps up my new future UU Team. If you want me to improve anything to the team, please reply. I know you all here are very helpful to me.

Thanks and goodbye! :)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Just a quick note, Aggron will want to empathize on super-effective coverage on things that resists Head Smash (for instance, a rock-type is hit for 100x2 bp w/ eq, but 225 bp w/ a stab head smash) so EQ is only really useful if you really want to get rid of Registeel.

Aqua tail usually works better over EQ in general, as Rhyperior and Donphan takes quite some damage from it. Ice Punch should be fine for dealing with Torterra, and if you want some secondary stab you could run Iron Tail over one of those in order to deal with Hitmontop easier, and it also does a fair share towards Rhyperior and Donphan as well. (though not as much as Aqua tail, mind) It also has even worse accuracy than head smash.

You'll likely want to max out HP rather than SDef on Tomb, as it causes it to take physical hits a LOT better, while retaining roughly the same special bulk.
    (for instance, a lo dark pulse from timid 252 toxicroak does (26.56% - 31.54%) to a 4 HP | 252 SDef Tomb, while it does (26.64% - 31.58%) to a 252 HP | 4 SDef Tomb)

Pain Split + Curse could actually work out, but since the target will die rather quickly (as will you) to curse damage there wouldn't be too much health to split for you. I've never tested that set though,so if you find it effective, keep it. However, since you do not have wish support nor rest, curse is really not the best option, at least IMO. Perhaps you could try slapping a CB on it? It should work well with U-turn on ambipom, and it could pursuit/trick the cb onto something that really dislikes it. Something like Trick|Shadow Sneak|Pursuit/WoW/Sucker Punch|Pursuit/WoW/Sucker Punch could work out.

My last suggestion would be unchoicing Raichu and giving it a Life Orb. It's more bulky and powerful than Light Orb Pikachu anyway, so don't change that, and it leaves you a lot less vunerable against stuff like Venusaur which laughs at 3/4 of your moveset and sets up on you with glee if you are locked in the wrong attack.

Short version:

Consider Aqua Tail >> EQ and possibly Iron Tail over Ice Punch on Aggron
    Put 252 EV's in HP on Spiritomb and possibly change its moveset
    Unchoice Raichu and give it a Life Orb

Other than that, I might come back for a longer rate, but I can't spot any glaring weaks at the moment, so you should be cool.

Last edited:
    Back