• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[v16/v17/v18] Cable Club (Online Trades/Battles) [Abandonware]

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    Sounds like you've copied the Python server code into RMXP .

Yeah, i did XD. Anyway I can't create a Google Cloud account, so rip.

And, do you think, some kind of online could be used with GameRanger? (or another think like gr, hamachi maybe, or evolve)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Yeah, i did XD. Anyway I can't create a Google Cloud account, so rip.

And, do you think, some kind of online could be used with GameRanger? (or another think like gr, hamachi maybe, or evolve)
    Ah, that's unfortunate. You could theoretically host the server on your PC and give out that IP address, but obviously that would mean the online features are unavailable whenever your PC is turned off; so you really do need to find somewhere to host it :(

I've never seen GameRanger before, so I'm afraid I don't know. But if it works like Hamachi, that would probably be good enough. You could have one player run the server locally, and the other player connect to that server.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    You could theoretically host the server on your PC and give out that IP address, but obviously that would mean the online features are unavailable whenever your PC is turned off; so you really do need to find somewhere to host it :(

A reasonable price.

I've never seen GameRanger before, so I'm afraid I don't know. But if it works like Hamachi, that would probably be good enough. You could have one player run the server locally, and the other player connect to that server.

Well, i've never used Hamachi, but for what I readed in google and what you say, it seems to be the same (GR and hamachi). The only thing is that GR has it catalogue of games and I don't know if is posible to host a server for a game that isn't in it.

Anyway, I'll try all, GR, Hamachi and host the server in the PC. Hope it works with any.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    It's probably not too tricky if you know where Essentials stores the information about which Pokémon are waiting to mega evolve. Basically all you'd need to do is edit pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand to send and receive that information. The sending code starts with @connection.send do |writer| and the receiving code starts with @connection.update do |record|. They both manipulate @choices which I had hoped would encapsulate all the state needed to deal with battle choices, but I guess the details about mega evolution are found elsewhere.

Sounds like you've copied the Python server code into RMXP (from cable_club.py), but you only want to copy the Ruby client code (from cable_club.rb). The Python server you need to run using Python 3.

So, the details about Mega-Evolution should be found at @megaEvolution, but I dont know where I need to include it in the script. I tried a few things, but they resulted in even more errors and server crashes.^^'

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Just wanted to say, thanks for posting this! This is really cool!

I was wondering if anyone knows what determines which pokemon is allowed to use in the cable club? It seems to think my party is invalid when I try to battle, so i wasn't sure if that was related to a client not having the correct trainer ID (as I was just starting the room up), or if it didn't like that I only have fakemon. What parameters cause an invalid party?

EDIT: I was dumb and didn't download the latest version, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    this looks so cool, sadly its for v16... but somehow it can be converted to v18 and it will be a huge pleasure
    thanks I need to wait
    Essentials v18 upgrade?
    so this doen't work for version 18?

Vendily has ported to v18. The first post has been updated to include a link to this: https://www.mediafire.com/file/sj658t5py06o98r/cable_club.zip/file. I haven't looked at it at all, but I trust Vendily to have made it perfect! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I was wondering if anyone knows what determines which pokemon is allowed to use in the cable club? It seems to think my party is invalid when I try to battle, so i wasn't sure if that was related to a client not having the correct trainer ID (as I was just starting the room up), or if it didn't like that I only have fakemon. What parameters cause an invalid party?

EDIT: I was dumb and didn't download the latest version, haha.

I think this may have been a bug with forms that Vendily fixed, but I'm not sure! In general if things are getting rejected as invalid and you're not worried about people cheating (which I think is perfectly reasonable if you're expecting people to battle with their friends, and that's quite likely given the way you need to enter an explicit trainer ID), you could alter the server to skip the validation entirely :)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I think this may have been a bug with forms that Vendily fixed, but I'm not sure! In general if things are getting rejected as invalid and you're not worried about people cheating (which I think is perfectly reasonable if you're expecting people to battle with their friends, and that's quite likely given the way you need to enter an explicit trainer ID), you could alter the server to skip the validation entirely :)

Great!!
    Now support with v18.x
    Thanks...This is a cool scripts :)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Updated the script yet again, so this would be v1.2, I guess, with v1.0 being the original unported script.
    New in this version is another bugfix, so you don't have to clear out the comments from items.txt anymore.

I also added some tentative EBDX support! While trades used to work just fine in v1.1, battles would crash because of a newly introduced variable, partyID. Now we set up that variable if it exists. The script also includes support for super shinies if it detects that EBDX is installed, transmitting the data for them as well!

You do have to set EBDX_INSTALLED to true in the server scripts if you have it installed, to handle the new data.

Please don't bother Luka with online related EBDX errors.

The original link has been updated, and here it is again for good measure.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/sj658t5py06o98r/cable_club.zip/file

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Ihow could host the server
    Any service that allows you to run Python will do. Typically that would be some sort of cloud computing service, but if you have a computer that's online 24/7 you could host it on that if you prefer.

I am getting an issue where when I or my Friend swap mons, it immediately desyncs.
    Any time either of you switch? There's nothing else you need to have done beforehand? What if one of you switches on the first turn of the battle? I kinda struggle to imagine that switching is straight-up broken because I definitely tested that. Perhaps you have other scripts installed that interfere with battles or generate random numbers during the switching process? Even something silly like calling pbRandom on your party screen would probably do it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Hey!

This is great. Works fine when im using two instances of the game on the same computer, but how to I set up the host and port to connect different computer in the local network?

I haven't tried it out on a cloud service. I thought this would be first step before I try out further.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    how do I set up the host and port to connect different computer in the local network?
    I think it'd work if you change the host in the Ruby code to be the IP address of the computer on the local network that's hosting the server (e.g. I might use 192.168.1.2)? (That's instead of localhost, which is the current computer's IP address)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Thanks, that did help! That
    was kinda obvious.. Hahaha

Im getting a NoMethod error when im trying to trade a fainted pokemon, but all in all its works very well.

Thanks for the great script :-)

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    I am not savy when it comes to this type of stuff. I will literally pay someone to dm me how to do this step by step. Using this script would make my year.

Back