• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] [V20] SOLVED - Map connexion problem in my game

Years
    I think the problem is with the map connexion, the game stop and show the next message :
    =================

[2022-05-28 19:09:37 +0200]
    [Pokémon Essentials version 20]

Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
    Do I have to restart some maps with the V.20 of Essentials, or doing them smaller ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Is this a game you are converting to v20?
    It shouldn't be a size issue; from what I understand, v20 should be better for large maps and tilesets.
    When I transfered my game over, I just moved the maps and just remade the map connections metadata. You could be having a problem with it being transfered over.

What makes you think its a map connections problem? Does it occur when changing maps? Havr you checked all map connections if so, or is it only one? The more specific you are with a question, the faster we can get a solution.

Years
    Yes, I converted my game from version 19.1 to version 20. After a few new maps, the size does not seem to be a problem. However, on some old maps, I had deleted the map connections metadata to start over. The first two maps linked, no problem, but when adding the third one, the game crashed when approaching it.
    I'm willing to try again to remove the map connections metadata to start placing the maps again, maybe I forgot something before. I will edit this post if it works or not.

EDIT: After restarted all the map connexion metadata for these first maps, I have the same problem again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Is it the same map? Like is only one map being the problem? If so, try teleporting directly to that map and see if it crashes then. Because if it does, that means its something specific on that map causing the crash.
    A quick search of "stack level too deep" says that error mostly comes from recursive loops caused by multiple aliases doing the same thing infinitely. Do you have you have events set to autorun on these maps?

Years
    I have come across three different cards where when I approach another card, the game goes into error. I can go to these cards as long as I don't go near the card it's having trouble with.
    Following your advice, I removed the automatic events of two conflicting cards, but it does not change anything.
    Maybe this error is just a crisis in RPG Maker XP, or coding in Ruby.

EDIT : Solved, follow the link : https://github.com/Maruno17/pokemon-essentials/issues/181

Last edited:
    Back