• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    Well, none of the other ones work in that case (except maybe Air?), so I guess the logic sounds alright. I probably sound like it's a bit forced though. Sorry.

Ergh I feel like a GM, I need to stop.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    I'm less struck by "oh my gosh another watermancer" although maybe I should be since I do have a watermancer, as it fits her well, than the fact her personality seems very similar to DuskLunacy's character Michael.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
    @Crimson: DeLaMuerte is correct in that it would be quite preferable to have a something other than a Fire or Water user (there's already 3 of each in a RP of 16, and the only reason I allowed PinkSapphire to make a Fire character is because one of the original 3 isn't going to be active for a while). There's also the touchy matter that one of the more advanced magics is actually based on healing, but it requires multiple elements to be known, which leaves any healing that can be done by a single element to be flavorful (in other words it needs to make sense, like how fire is used to cauterize wounds). A second problem I can see in your SU is that you want to use an Ice spell, which I know may seem very much like water, but in this RP it is not. I actually mention this in both the IC and OOC under the Magic Circle sections. Other than that the SU is fine, but it would be very beneficial if you could change some things (if you'd change the element, I'd be forever grateful). I'd even be willing to give some hints as to how to gain the magic based on curing, though I feel like I'd have to start listing off all of the advanced magic types...

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Ah I get it, I just wanted her to be solely based on healing, so I thought that she could start with healing spells. And I really want her to be water because of her calm personality. I can see why ice isn't water though, I'll change that to something, but what can I have instead of healing?

I changed 2 of the spells, and she can simply learn healing later

Is that acceptable?

Last edited:

Colony

Years
    The spells are fine now, but the history and other don't match the character anymore...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Colony

Years
    Yeah, that should be good. Hmm, as hesitant as I am to say it you're Accepted. No worries though, I'll just have to cross out water and fire, that's all.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Why so hesitant hehe. Thanks anyways. I may as well read up the IC and see whats happening now. What should I do for my first post as, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we doing some form of test in an orderly fashion, which means I'd have to wait right? Or am I wrong?

Colony

Years
    I'm only hesitant because fire and water literally take up half of the characters, which seems very off for an RP with five basic elements...

In regards to the IC, currently there is an evaluation process going on that makes students participate in duels. The main problem right now is that there is an odd amount of active participants, and more than likely someone will have to be evaluated by a teacher, though I'm not sure who.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
    @Pink: Just glancing over your SU and the first thing I noticed is that Scarlett is a genderswapped Fireman... Why? Because Fiersome =
    Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Haha that is exactly what I thought! :D gamer girl ftw!
    Though, Fiersome is also one of the elemental dragons in the rune factory games ^^ Rune Factory 2 to be exact~

I finished my SU ^^ care to take a look at it?

Colony

Years
    Your SU looks good, so you're Accepted. You may post in IC at any time now, though I would suggest contacting DeLaMuerte to see how you guys want to approach your evaluation match.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
    Well folks, the battle between Shion and Indigo has begun! Be warned however... this shall be a battle of wits, strength, fangirls, and... (If you ask Indigo anyway)... the heart.

Damn it I love this character.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    Oooh! That's going to be interesting. More interesting than the match between Nicholas and Aris anyways, which is looking like a bit of a slaughter by the planning so far.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Oooh! That's going to be interesting. More interesting than the match between Nicholas and Aris anyways, which is looking like a bit of a slaughter by the planning so far.

Hopefully it's not as bad a slaughter as the Shion×Igna fight going on.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    Ouch, i kinda feel bad for him, Shion really tearing him appart, i hope Indigo makes it out with nothign more than a few minor burns and bruises and not end up in the hospital for a week from broken bones and 3rd degree burns.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Ouch, i kinda feel bad for him, Shion really tearing him appart, i hope Indigo makes it out with nothign more than a few minor burns and bruises and not end up in the hospital for a week from broken bones and 3rd degree burns

That's exactly what he wants you to think, fangirl!

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
    Years

Shima Aono

Nickname: Metal Maiden
    Element: Metal
    Spells:
    • Metal Mold- Shima can mold metal into basic shapes, usually used to form her wristbands, or small knives and daggers. Acupuncture needles are her favorite. She can make knuckle covers as well.
    • Metal Magnet- Shima has the build of a magnet. When she feels certain emotions the polarity of her magnetism increases or decreases. When She is angry, her body could attract a nearby anchor. When she is neutral, she can somewhat control the magnetism. When she is sad, this power can't be used at all.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality: Shima is a hot-headed girl with anger management issues. She is often caught in a mood, and depending on the mood she is certain to insult those around her. She loves adventures, and hates sadness. She is arrogant to the point where she would never turn down a challenge or an opportunity to injure or harm her enemies. She hates insects, and in a way she is helpless agaist them. Shima loves doing things her way, and is happy to beat all who appose her to a bloody pulp. Shima is a turns into a fangirl when weapons are mentioned, and she loves to make sharp objects. She loves to have fun, and when candy is involved she is the first to join the cause. Shima has a major sweet tooth. She loves lollipops, and would have them everyday if it were her decision. Shima has a fragile personality, meaning she can be happy one moment, and begin crying within the next instant. Shima is blunt, and is never afraid to state a persons flaws in their face.

Shima is very good at strategy. One could say she was a tactician of sorts. She loves solving mysteries, and she loves going to new places. While Shima can be arrogant and rude, she also has a sweet side. Shima loves animals, and she holds her friends value before her own. She likes to be acknowledged of course, but she rather give her besties the glory sometimes too. She can often be called a control freak, for she likes having her way, but if you can prove to her that your better you'll end up a close friend. She is always up for a challenge.

History: At the age of ten, Shimas life would forever change after she got angry at her parents in the kitchen. What happened? To her and her familys surprise, all the magnets on the fridge clung to skin, and when her mother and father tried to remove them, they felt a magnetic pull. After the incident, her parents became very worried, and thinking that something was wrong, they took her to the best doctor they could fine. By that time, Shima was scared, since the kitchen incident her parents had been avoiding her, talking only when they had to feed her or wake her up for school. In the middle of the checkup, shima threw her hand up and mumbled something. All of a sudden the doctors stethoscope ripped of his neck and stuck to her palm. The doctor, startled by it called her a demon, and demanded that her parents take her away from there that instant. On her twelfth birthday, there was no celebration. Only sadness, for when she came home from school no one was home. She called and called, and waited and waited. But they never came back. At the age of fifteen, Shima stole a cook book from a store, and from then on made her own meals. When she turned sixteen, she had forgotten about her parents, and would never cry for them again.

After another month, Shima began to practice her "Curse" alone. Since there was no one to call her a demon or a cursed child, she had no reason not to want to learn about it. She soon found herself making small weapons, and by making trips to the junkyard every friday, she was able to get a steady supply of metals. Shima as happy as she was before her incidents. She would sing to herself, play, and be normal. But then a letter came in the mail. She was puzzled by this, since no one dared to come near this place. She opened the letter to find and invitation to the 'Vale Institute Of Magic'. She read the details, and made a decision. If there were people like her, maybe she still had a family.

Code: "Challenge Me!!!"
    Other:Her wristbands are made of pure silver.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back