• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen VBA my i use gameshark codes...but they wont work

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    ill enter the codes before i start the game (like it says in the READ ME thing) but when i start up the game i have no idea how to activate them or use them. Im getting my codes from gameshark.com somone help plz

btw im playin emerald, case n e one is wondering

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    What codes or you using?

If you haven't activated them yet, go to cheats --> cheat list, and if you have input any codes there click on them and click enable if they are disabled. Also, you require the master code for other codes to work. Check if it's there first.

Also, i'm not sure but i don't think you should be talking about ROMs/Emulators (since you said VBA) in this board, but i might be wrong, not sure.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    ill enter the codes before i start the game (like it says in the READ ME thing) but when i start up the game i have no idea how to activate them or use them. Im getting my codes from gameshark.com somone help plz

btw im playin emerald, case n e one is wondering

It depends on which cheats you're using. If it's one that requires a special sequence to work ingame, e.g. teleporting to other places, then you'll need to do that ingame.

Enter cheats on the VBA via Cheats > Cheats List > Gameshark.
    Just remember that if you're using save states (F1, F2 etc...) to save your game, then the cheats entered will be erased once you load it if you entered it before you loaded your save file that way.

For Gameshark codes, bare in mind you need to activate the Master Code for everything else to work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    i looked to see if the ones im using have sequences but they dont and also i dont have that cheat list thing all i got is the options-add gameshark/codebreker cheats i enter them and it only lets me enter them before i start the game

and spartan, do u want the exact codes or just what the code does?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    i looked to see if the ones im using have sequences but they dont and also i dont have that cheat list thing all i got is the options-add gameshark/codebreker cheats i enter them and it only lets me enter them before i start the game

and spartan, do u want the exact codes or just what the code does?

Are you sure you're using VBA...?

This is what I get when I open the cheats menu under the VBA.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    i agree with Unlimited NiGHTS you should just play the game the legal and fair way

Back