• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Venice: Masks & Monsters [M]

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Affiliation and History portions may be subject to edits in the future.

Gualterott "Il Gaudente" Cancharello
    Male || Ghoul || Seeking Affiliates

Venice: Masks & Monsters [M]

Mask: "Il Gaudente": A balta mask with gold flourish around its edges, its cream-colored face designed to look like dry, friable clay.

Age: Appears to be in early or mid-thirties; Is forty-three years old as of reanimation

Affiliation: Yes.

Appearance: Caucasian; 183 CM, 75 KG. Due to his penchant for stealing the facial features of his victims every so often, his own change and are thus not constant. What stays the same for him should he keep from bleaching blonde is his short, dark hair, both on his head and kept trim over his lips and chin--unless he feels to shave like a Frenchman. He enjoys the physical build of a squeraroli, kept lean and strong from their shipbuilding, and so he favors and currently sports their extremities.

In terms of clothing, in the day he prefers high-collar ruffled shirts, bright, mismatched doublets and jerkins that compliment each other in a unique aesthetic, and the onion-shaped trunkhose pants with knee-high boots. At night he likes to keep his colors dark and subdued, though he characteristically sports golden, ornate embroidery to retain his aesthetic.

He keeps himself heavily perfumed in order to mask the odor of decomposing bacteria that infest the hodgepodge, reanimated corpse that is technically his body.

Personality: Gualterott is a kind of bon vivant, reveling in base affairs to the point of decadence. He is driven by the desire to indulge, idealizing a hedonistic lifestyle to quickly fill the void of the everyday malaise he has convinced himself is so ever-present and confining him. His destructive pleasures manifest particularly in his palate and psyche. He enjoys food, its aroma, its many tastes, its temperature and textures. Though that may sound discerning, because of his unnatural nature, he will find an appetite for things that would otherwise repulse a human gourmand, and would neither turn down French blancmange for raw, bloodied human flesh. Likewise, he is stricken by the figure of a human, so much so that he will sexually fetishize it, and as an even further perversion, objectifies it in such a way as to equate it to the strong sensations he experiences in downing fine meats.

Besides being a lecherous glut with an underlying nihilistic view, he is a domineering sort. He enjoys exerting power, more so in demonstrations of wit as opposed to strength, delighting in manipulation that may or may not be subtle. He is neither wholly an extrovert nor wholly reserved, choosing instead to take whatever action may either benefit him or excite him. Although when he is angry, he often jumps to threats of egregious violence, implicit or blatant.

History: For forty years, Gualterott has crafted some of the finest gondolas for purchase by private persons and the Venetian government, working as a single man in utter competition to the shipbuilding guild and other independents. He learns of certain information and happenings through his more acquainted patrons. In his spare time, he sculpts the human figure. All his crafts are signed under the alias "Rialto", named after the district of Venice in which he works. At night, he frequents places welcoming of libertine fiends like him, picking up bits of gossip, rumor, and prey all the while he sates himself.

In the past year, he has been training a sixteen-year-old young man by the name Niccolo, who had been insistent on learning Gualterott's skill in sculpting statuettes after observing him carving wood in the park one day. Niccolo visits the ghoul's villa for two-hour private sessions in the early afternoon before running off to address his daily duties as an apprentice of a goldsmith guild. In the interest of keeping his identity of Rialto secret to all, Gualterott wears a stark white, unpainted volto mask when out in public sculpting in the evenings, when crafting in his workshop, and when Niccolo visits for tutoring. This mask is not to be confused for his night outing mask of personal affairs. Gualterott has developed a kind of twisted fondness for Niccolo, enjoying the boy's company and comeliness, and the fantasy of tearing him to shreds that he, for some reason, has yet to act upon.

Very recently he came upon the Compass of Raum, a lost artifact he found locked away in a small ark after an incident of dropping his longtime ring, the Band of Berith, into the Grand Canal. He recovered them both.

Powers/Skills:

• Apoptosis: Extreme. Typical of a ghoul, is able to regulate the death of the body's own cells, though in a concentrated purge, en mass. Diseases that affect tissue can therefore be contained indefinitely, removed, or if caused by natural means, destroyed.
    • Band of Berith (Artifact): A demonic ring of gold that, when worn, can allow the wearer to transmute any metal that fits wholly in one's fist into permanent gold. A magical substitute to alchemy, activated through a short incantation. The item to transmute must be held in the ring-bearing hand.
    • Black Bile: Able to regurgitate a tarry, bilious bile from the depths of his gut. Worse than its odor is its highly corrosive properties.
    • Compass of Raum (Artifact): A demonic compass that points into the direction of artifacts strongly imbued with some kind of supernatural potential.
    • Grafting: Typical of a ghoul, is able to transplant and graft both living and necrotic tissue to his body, controlling their function through demonic power.
    • Inhuman Strength: Typical of a ghoul, with enough force and will, is able to tear door from hinge and limb from body.

Weapons: None

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • As well as a very simple NPC to keep Gualterott company:

Venice: Masks & Monsters [M]

Niccolo

Name: Niccolo di Venezia

Sex: Male

Species: Human

Affiliation: None

Job: Apprentice of a small guild in Rialto for goldsmithing

Appearance: Caucasian; 168 CM, 61.2 KG. Hazel eyes, dyes his dark hair honeyed. Has very boyish features and a slim physique. In casual clothing, he often opts to wear tunics, long breeches to the knee (signaturely dubbed Venetians), short boots, and his usual dark green flat cap.

Personality: Quiet, eager, and respectable, he is serious in study and kindly in manner.

History: After showing interest in artisan crafts when he was 15, his lower-class family sent him off to a goldsmithing guild in Rialto. He has been in apprenticeship for only one year now.

Powers/Skills: None

Weapons: None

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    -shrinks SU-

Jauntier's Gualterott Cancharello has been accepted

Couple of notes. I assume you're very aware of them, but I feel like I should mention them anyway because other people might read this post too. Using Italian in character just makes them break English, so squero would just be shipyard, although I do recognize that the English translation is less precise. I've also put a warning out on the first page about how to approach sexual content in the RP, and that overstepping certain lines will result in direct consequences instead of a warning. I don't expect you to do anything crazy, but because you have a sexual fethisize as a characteristic, I thought it was worth mentioning. The last thing is mainly just a personal note, haha, because the word palate ("His destructive pleasures manifest particularly in his palate and psyche") confuses me a bit, because to me it means the inner top of your mouth, and I wonder how his pleasures manifest there, haha.

Jauntier

Years
  • Jauntier's Gualterott Cancharello has been accepted

Couple of notes. I assume you're very aware of them, but I feel like I should mention them anyway because other people might read this post too. Using Italian in character just makes them break English, so squero would just be shipyard, although I do recognize that the English translation is less precise. I've also put a warning out on the first page about how to approach sexual content in the RP, and that overstepping certain lines will result in direct consequences instead of a warning. I don't expect you to do anything crazy, but because you have a sexual fethisize as a characteristic, I thought it was worth mentioning. The last thing is mainly just a personal note, haha, because the word palate ("His destructive pleasures manifest particularly in his palate and psyche") confuses me a bit, because to me it means the inner top of your mouth, and I wonder how his pleasures manifest there, haha.

1) I did not write my application for my character in character, so no worries there. There are words, nevertheless, that in another language explain more than what English can grasp, hence in particular my calling my character's mask Il Gaudente, and not something I did not find as encompassing or appealing, like "The Reveller", "The Pleasure-Seeker", "The Epicure", "The Lord", and so on, considering what all the word may and does mean.

I do plan on keeping to the Italian theme of such things as the names of guilds and schools, certain articles of clothing, certain events, etc. These characters are in Italy, after all. I won't be so disjointed in writing occasional sentences in Italian, but if one word is true to Italy or Venetian culture and I feel would be appropriate, I will see to do it service. I also do well to leave context clues for anyone reading. Would there be flak if I mentioned that a character was a connoisseur of arts or was going on a rendez-vous, French words that have been adopted into the English language? I think it all reasonable.

2) I'm aware of the general rules of Pokecommunity concerning sexual content. You have your Prodigi family in ownership of a brothel and you have accepted a character who is a flat out prostitute, as are the members of her family. I'm not sure where there is the disconnect between those things and my character's potential thoughts.

3) Words can have multiple meanings. A palate can also mean the appreciation of taste, to clarify for you.

Thank you for accepting my character.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    1) I did not write my application for my character in character, so no worries there. There are words, nevertheless, that in another language explain more than what English can grasp, hence in particular my calling my character's mask Il Gaudente, and not something I did not find as encompassing or appealing, like "The Reveller", "The Pleasure-Seeker", "The Epicure", "The Lord", and so on, considering what all the word may and does mean.

I do plan on keeping to the Italian theme of such things as the names of guilds and schools, certain articles of clothing, certain events, etc. These characters are in Italy, after all. I won't be so disjointed in writing occasional sentences in Italian, but if one word is true to Italy or Venetian culture and I feel would be appropriate, I will see to do it service. I also do well to leave context clues for anyone reading. Would there be flak if I mentioned that a character was a connoisseur of arts or was going on a rendez-vous, French words that have been adopted into the English language? I think it all reasonable.

2) I'm aware of the general rules of Pokecommunity concerning sexual content. You have your Prodigi family in ownership of a brothel and you have accepted a character who is a flat out prostitute, as are the members of her family. I'm not sure where there is the disconnect between those things and my character's potential thoughts.

3) Words can have multiple meanings. A palate can also mean the appreciation of taste, to clarify for you.

Thank you for accepting my character.

1) Yeah, that's all reasonable, haha.

2) There is no disconnect. Everybody has received the notification about sexual content, the only difference is that you're joining after that was posted. As I said, sexual concepts are entrirely fine, as long as the bounds aren't overstepped. I'm not making any actions towards your character that I haven't made towards others.

3) I know that, haha. I never heard pate used in that context though, that's interesting

Jauntier

Years
  • Alright, fair.

As a perosnal announcement to everyone, Gualterott is seeking affiliations as an associate to other persons or families. If you think of something interesting from the get-go, feel free to contact me and I'll see if I'm feeling the vibe as well.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    STARDU5T will be taking over as GM from now. I'll get a mod to change ownership of the thread. Good luck with continueing the RP everyone, I hope to join in myself again once I have time.

Years
  • Hopefully we can keep this thing afloat until Ice gets back. In the meantime, I guess I have a few announcements to make.

1. Anyone who is still active and would like to continue here, go ahead and leave a post here. Anyone who has not responded in three days will be treated in future as an NPC.

2. In three days, I'll post something to push the plot forward. Ben left things as a pretty open sandbox, but I'm planning on having a bit more direction here to make things...interesting. If there is any business you want to complete, you have three days to do so.

3. Disclosed, you are Accepted. A bit late, but better late than never! :D

Jauntier

Years
  • I am still deciding.

If I haven't come to a conclusion within the time allotted, neither of my characters are to be used in this role-play, whatsoever.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Hopefully we can keep this thing afloat until Ice gets back. In the meantime, I guess I have a few announcements to make.

1. Anyone who is still active and would like to continue here, go ahead and leave a post here. Anyone who has not responded in three days will be treated in future as an NPC.

2. In three days, I'll post something to push the plot forward. Ben left things as a pretty open sandbox, but I'm planning on having a bit more direction here to make things...interesting. If there is any business you want to complete, you have three days to do so.

3. Disclosed, you are Accepted. A bit late, but better late than never! :D

still here with our plan to attack the vongola family.

Years
  • Actually, I'd like to withdraw my app, sorry. Ya'll have fun and good luck.

Alright Disclosed, sorry to hear that.

still here with our plan to attack the vongola family.

Actually to bring everyone together, I'm going to do a time skip of three to four weeks. I wasn't entirely sure what direction I wanted to go with the main story until now, but I think I have something that will bring everyone together. That being said, I'm going to give one week for people to wrap up lose ends, and I might make it sooner if it seems like a good place.

Years
  • Alright, I went ahead and posted the next part introducing our next plot, the auction of the Prodigi family! Turns out they were weaker than they wanted the city to think, and their debtors...have plans.

So we have introduced two formal criminal organizations now, the main one being the Fug, who also happens to be looking for a thief for hire (anyone interested?).

I'll give some more information about the actual auction in my next post, but essentially, a large number of goods will be sold there, including many with magical abilities. Even more will be stored nearby, where light fingers may be able to pick up a few undetected, if they are lucky.

EDIT: Keep in mind that time is going to be hazy for a post or two until the actual night of the auction. You can post anywhere within one month of the date listed on the main post (July 7th I believe) of your character hearing about and making plans with other characters about the auction.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just a reminder for you guys to post. I'm going to be posting some more in a couple days for you guys to go off of if you like, but for now, it'd be real great if someone posted...

Back