• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Venusaur T_T

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    How can you all be so mean to Venusaur? Maybe it's because I was a little kid when Pokemon was born and saw Venusaur and the other 149 Pokemon of Kanto and thought they were the pinnacle of awsome, but Venusaur is just that, awesome! He's big, has that lazy look, and is uber strong, given the right moves and proper training! Couple that with Red's starter being Venusaur and seeing that beast mutilate Charizard in the R/G/B saga and how can you not love it?!

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
    How can you all be so mean to Venusaur? Maybe it's because I was a little kid when Pokemon was born and saw Venusaur and the other 149 Pokemon of Kanto and thought they were the pinnacle of awsome, but Venusaur is just that, awesome! He's big, has that lazy look, and is uber strong, given the right moves and proper training! Couple that with Red's starter being Venusaur and seeing that beast mutilate Charizard in the R/G/B saga and how can you not love it?!

Its not...fun
    in R/B/Y his moveset would most likely be
    strength, vine whip, sleep powder, and maybe earthquake.
    and it would be like that for everyone in the world. i dnt think its diverse enough. :/

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Bah! I take it your one of those "competitve" gamers who toss out Pokemon you don't think are "diverse" or "useful" enough, correct? Look, a Pokemon shouldn't be judged for the diversity of its moves or its stats. Venusaur has a multitude of diversity to it. Check Smogon if you need to, but here are some I've come up with and used:

Venusaur @Wide Lens
    -Sunny Day
    -Solar Beam
    -Sleep Powder
    -Sludge Bomb

Venusaur
    -Earthquake
    -Frenzy Plant
    -Toxic
    -Sleep Powder

Venusaur
    -Powerwhip
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Earthquake
    -Toxic

ONly a few, but still. Venusaur's a great Pokemon, who cares if in R/B/Y it was pretty much stuck to a perputal moveset? So were most of the other great ones like Alakazam and Gengar!

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
    So, you're saying that toads and dinosaurs are the same thing?

Yes.
    Toads, turtles, and crocodiles were alive in prehistoric times.
    therfore making them dinosaurs

Bah! I take it your one of those "competitve" gamers who toss out Pokemon you don't think are "diverse" or "useful" enough, correct? Look, a Pokemon shouldn't be judged for the diversity of its moves or its stats. Venusaur has a multitude of diversity to it. Check Smogon if you need to, but here are some I've come up with and used:

0.o' Geez sorry. :(
    no im not a competitive gamer.
    i just think that a starter should have a better choice of moves then what they gave venusaur.
    Actually one of my favorite pokemon isnt diverse at all. hitmontop only learns a few moves but i still love it.

Sorry i didnt mean to offend if i did :(

Last edited:

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    why not?

i needed 25 characters that is why i typed this
    Because a dinosaur isn't any reptile (or in this case reptile or amphibian) that existed millions of years ago, it's a group of animals that have been given the title of dinosaur by scientists.

Finnix

The Dragon Elite
    Years
    lol yea ik what you mean, most people would pick blastoise or charizard over venusaur. Its just the first impression you get from him to, like in the old episodes venusaurs a fat lard, and doesn't look that strong but after seeing a new episode when a venusaur in a pokemon contest uses FRENZY PLANT!!!, it shows how amazing vensaurs power is

Pidgeot is Life

Poke Balla
    Years
    Because a dinosaur isn't any reptile (or in this case reptile or amphibian) that existed millions of years ago, it's a group of animals that have been given the title of dinosaur by scientists.

And as i said they are descendants of dinosaurs.
    so theyre part dinosaur excuse me.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I just realized something after reading this...

I hate Venusaur, but love Ivysaur.
    I hate Meganium, but Bayleef's my favourite Pokemon.
    I hate Sceptile, but Grovyle's a beast.
    I hate Torterra, but Grotle's one of the only Generation IV Pokemon that doesn't want to make me gouge out my eyes with a spork.

What is it about final forms of grass starters that makes them so deplorable?? =\\

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    And as i said they are descendants of dinosaurs.
    so theyre part dinosaur excuse me.
    It's just... That's so insulting, it's just barbaric.
    But, you know what, no, I'm not going to debate scienific facts in a thread about Pokemon. Oh no, not again.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I agree on the behalf of the 2nd form grass starters, but i like Sceptille more than grovyle, but thats my opinion :P

I can respect that opinion.

But in my eyes, while Grovyle actually resembles a gecko, Sceptile is more like a wannabe Tyrannosaurus / Frog thing.

Likewise, while Ivysaur is a semi-cute, semi-awesome toad guy, Venusaur is just a fat lard.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Venusaur is okay. Personally I think its tied with Squirtle for Kanto's best starter..but that's just MY opinion. Venousaur coudl have been improved though. I remember a few years back when I still had my leaf green (rip) Venusaur was a saur in the butt when I got further in the game, and don't even bring up the pokemon league! Still, despite its weaknesses Venosaur was the first final evolution for a grass starter introduced, so it must be treated like a diety :D

It's just... That's so insulting, it's just barbaric.
    But, you know what, no, I'm not going to debate scienific facts in a thread about Pokemon. Oh no, not again.

why did this suddenly make me laugh? But pokemon could be added into science. PokéBiology 101, and I'm sure Deoxys gave astronomers a run for their knowledge of our galaxy when he came down in '05...or was it '04?

Last edited:
    Years
    Personally, I find the Gen I starters a bit untouchable. But I hate the second and third forms of ALL of them. For me, they look best as Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Ivysaur is OKAY, but Venusaur, Charmeleon, Charizard, Wartorle, and Blastoise are all lacking.

Still, the grass/poison combo holds many possibilities. As far as grass starters go, Venusaur and Torterra are definitely the best.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Personally, I find the Gen I starters a bit untouchable. But I hate the second and third forms of ALL of them. For me, they look best as Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Ivysaur is OKAY, but Venusaur, Charmeleon, Charizard, Wartorle, and Blastoise are all lacking.

Still, the grass/poison combo holds many possibilities. As far as grass starters go, Venusaur and Torterra are definitely the best.

I agree w/ Ivysaur and Wartortle....these two were the weaklings in design for bulbasaur and squirtle. I'm not crazy for Charizard's look, I liked him when he was a Charemeleon. But, I disagree w/ you Venusaur and ESPECIALLY blastoise. The chubby blastoise from r/b/y & hg/ss wins hands down!
    Venusaur T_T

Finnix

The Dragon Elite
    Years
    I can respect that opinion.

But in my eyes, while Grovyle actually resembles a gecko, Sceptile is more like a wannabe Tyrannosaurus / Frog thing.

Likewise, while Ivysaur is a semi-cute, semi-awesome toad guy, Venusaur is just a fat lard.

lol i love it "Sceptile is more like a wannabe Tyrannosaurus / Frog thing."

but yea ivy, has to be my favorite outa the 4 grass starters

Back