• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Verizon iPhone

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    So, is anybody getting it? I just ordered mind and should be receiving it tomorrow. Did y'all order one...or at least want to order one?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I gave it a serious amount of thought, and I've decided that I'm willing to wait another 5-7 months for my current plan to expire and for the initial excitement to wear down before I get an iPhone. It also gives me time to earn the extra $$ I'll need to pay for the device and to see what Apple will do in regards to the yearly update they usually release in june (still unknown if it will be an iPhone 4s or iPhone 5) and to see if it will roll out on VZW and AT&T at the same time. If it does you can count me in on getting one of those instead of an iPhone 4.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    A friend of mine ordered his and will be getting it on Tuesday. I, for sure won't be getting it. Not an iPhone fan myself. Maybe in the future when I start comparing both Verizon's version and AT&T's version, then I'll rethink about it.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I gave it a serious amount of thought, and I've decided that I'm willing to wait another 5-7 months for my current plan to expire and for the initial excitement to wear down before I get an iPhone. It also gives me time to earn the extra $$ I'll need to pay for the device and to see what Apple will do in regards to the yearly update they usually release in june (still unknown if it will be an iPhone 4s or iPhone 5) and to see if it will roll out on VZW and AT&T at the same time. If it does you can count me in on getting one of those instead of an iPhone 4.
    I'm pretty sure the new phone that is coming out in June is just gonna be an updated iPhone 4...I think that in the summer of 2012 is gonna be the next big redesign and it is gonna be a 4g data a phone...

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the new phone that is coming out in June is just gonna be an updated iPhone 4...I think that in the summer of 2012 is gonna be the next big redesign and it is gonna be a 4g data a phone...
    I agree, it is much more likely that 2011 will simply be a spec bump, but a spec bump is still worth waiting for. (especially the multi-core Apple A5 CPU and Dual core SGX543 GPU, combine that and a RAM upgrade to 1GB and it's well worth the wait) the Now whether Apple will call the new phone the iPhone 5 or the iPhone 4s (taken from the iteration of 3G to 3Gs) is still to be determined. Either way, I'll be waiting to see how Apple deals with VZW and AT&T when they release the new phone in June. I'm sincerely hoping that they will include that rumored Dual-Mode CDMA/GSM chip so that you can choose which carrier you want without having to buy a new handset.
    LTE support will most likely be included in the 2012 model rather than in the 2011 model. If there's any LTE in the 2011 model, it will most likely just be rudimentary support, but the phone relies most upon the CDMA/GSM technologies instead of LTE.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    As much as I would like an iPhone 5 or an iPhone 4S, I'm getting the 4 as soon as preorders open on Wednesday (I was about to order it on the 3rd when Verizon sold out -_-). As nice as they'd be, I've concluded that I really don't need a dual-core GPU on my phone or a multi-core CPU. I keep all of my apps managed when using my jailbroken 2nd gen iPod Touch, which I'm probably going to keep doing when I get my 4 in a week or so.

I'm just hoping they don't sell out of 4s in three hours on the 9th... that'd be bad.

Years
    As much as I would like an iPhone 5 or an iPhone 4S, I'm getting the 4 as soon as preorders open on Wednesday (I was about to order it on the 3rd when Verizon sold out -_-). As nice as they'd be, I've concluded that I really don't need a dual-core GPU on my phone or a multi-core CPU. I keep all of my apps managed when using my jailbroken 2nd gen iPod Touch, which I'm probably going to keep doing when I get my 4 in a week or so.

I'm just hoping they don't sell out of 4s in three hours on the 9th... that'd be bad.

The iPhone 4 is a lot gutsier than the old gens. So I daresay that if you're coping now, you'll be fine. Loving mine right now. :D

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    The iPhone 4 is a lot gutsier than the old gens. So I daresay that if you're coping now, you'll be fine. Loving mine right now. :D

I know, but my current phone that actually makes calls completely sucks.

And screw you, Archer. I'm ordering mine on Wednesday at 6 AM EST. I don't want to have Verizon cockblock me (as one person on Facebook so eloquently put it).

Years
    I know, but my current phone that actually makes calls completely sucks.
    I wasn't trying to talk you out of it, I was just agreeing that it's not worth waiting for the 4S, because the 4 is such a huge improvement of previous iPhones/iPods, anyway.
    And screw you, Archer. I'm ordering mine on Wednesday at 6 AM EST. I don't want to have Verizon cockblock me (as one person on Facebook so eloquently put it).
    I don't... think that's quite the right term, lol. The screen is one of the biggest bonuses. 960x480, it's almost the same as a netbook, lol.

Back