• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Version Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekushi Sushi*

Roses are red, I love you!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    I do believe this is wger this should be. Well, whats did you but diamon or pearland why. For me I chose pearl first because way back when I got red, my favorite color, then gold, closer to red than silver is, then ruby, then fire red, my bother did all that with blue, silver, sapphire, and leaf green and now diamond! what made you buy whch game, was a trend from the start or was it palkia or dialga?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    I always chose them based on the version mascot. I chose Red because I liked Charizard, I chose Silver because I liked Lugia, I chose Sapphire because I liked Kyogre and I chose Diamond because I liked Dialga. :P

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I chose Pearl because I like the Pearl-only Pokemon you can get in the game better than the Diamond-only Pokemon! :) And Palkia is my favorite of the two.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    Well, I started with Red, because red's my favorite color, then went with Silver because it looks better with red than gold does (though I got Gold the same week), went with Ruby (big surprise), and then chose Diamond because I thought Palkia looked lame and I liked how Dialga looked. Now it doesn't really matter because I've beaten it and don't even use my Dialga.

Darkgale

EV trainer and Treasure Hunter
    Years
    I got Pearl because when you could reserve your copy, they were giving out styluses with the version's main pokemon on the back-end of it. Well, the diamond styluses were all gone and i really wanted one so i got pearl (i lost it about a week after i reserved my copy anyways though). And now im happy i did because more people want to trade with me and the version exclusives are better.

Aikoh

go go rudolph rangers
    Years
    I remember when I first began playing the games I chose Yellow because it was the Pikachu version and got Red as a gift much later; with the other versions I chose whichever color or metal I liked best. But since the Nintendo DS uses Wi-Fi to trade, that meant I didn't have to buy yet another trading cable, so I decided to buy the opposite version of what my friends had. One of the first of my friends to get a DS had Diamond and I told him I would buy Pearl so that we could trade Pokémon with one another that weren't in our versions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2008
    I first got Yellow, Then Silver, then ruby, and I currently have pearl. My choices were mostly because I liked the Pokemon on the covers when I was little :P as for pearl I liked Palkia better because I think that Palkia>Dialga, but thats my opinion. I really don't like legendaries because well, they make the game boring because they boast the strongest moves and base stats. -_-

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I got Pearl because pink is gooood. :D

They are practically the same game. Sorry but we've had millions of threads to discuss this already. We don't need another one.

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back