• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Version Differences

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Pokemon X
    Player's mom is present but the dad is absent.
    Rival is a girl
    A town that worships/protect the forest of Xerneas
    (If there's 2 sets of trios) One trio exclusive to this version
    You ride with roller blades

Pokemon Y
    Player's dad is present but the mom is absent
    Rival is a boy
    A town that worships/protect the shrine of Yveltal
    (If there's 2 sets of trios) One trio exclusive to this version
    You ride with a skateboard

That's what I would like to be version exclusive. It's my wishlist even tho some of them probably wouldn't happen x)

This might force me to buy both at launch then, haha. I've been waiting on a game with your father as the main parental figure, etc. but so far I'm liking Xerneas better than Yveltal.

I noticed some people were saying how everything in the trailer seemed France-related until the more desert-like area, so perhaps (and this is a stretch, I know, but still my two cents) there are two regions in-game, and in X you start at region A and go to region B post-game, and in Y it is reversed. Again, it's a big stretch but an interesting concept nonetheless, as it would allow for enough of a version difference to be impactful but it wouldn't make one player feel as though they are missing out on something from the other version.

Don't worry. As much of a stretch it is, I like the idea in general. Maybe instead of a region though, it'd just be one region but you're blocked off from one half of it until post game(kind of like what everyone expected Black and White to do after Nimbasa City).

This is all just interesting talk because of how we aren't sure as to what X and Y really symbolise.

Back