• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Version Exclusive Mega Stones?

Years
    I wonder if any of the XY stones besides possibly Mawile's will be in the games to begin with. Especially stones like the Kanto starters and Mewtwo's.

I think they'll likely be, or at least most of them, because Mawilite and Sablite will probably be version-exclusive. As for the Mega Stones of non-Hoenn Dex Pokemon, I could likely see them being bought at a store or given by some NPCs in the post-game.

For those wondering, these are the Megas/Primals in the Hoenn Dex:
    Spoiler:

That leaves most of the X/Y Megas as well as Audino, Slowbro, Lopunny, Steelix, Pidgeot, Beedrill and Diancie. Diancie's Mega Stone gets obtained when the event Diancie (currently ongoing in the US) gets transferred over from X/Y to OR/AS, but the rest of the Megas should probably have their Mega Stone obtainable in the post-game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Í wonder how they'll change up the ones that were exclusives in XY such as Aggronite versus Tyranitarite seeing how Aggron (and Manectric) is a Hoenn regional dex mon will Tyranitar isn't. Perhaps Tyranitar and Houndoom will be treated as counterpart exclusives, and so could
    Aggron and Manectric itself. Perhaps OmegaRuby will have Mega Tyranitar and Mega Manectric's stones while AlphaSapphire will have the other two's. Or perhaps the other way around version wise.

Years
    Í wonder how they'll change up the ones that were exclusives in XY such as Aggronite versus Tyranitarite seeing how Aggron (and Manectric) is a Hoenn regional dex mon will Tyranitar isn't. Perhaps Tyranitar and Houndoom will be treated as counterpart exclusives, and so could
    Aggron and Manectric itself. Perhaps OmegaRuby will have Mega Tyranitar and Mega Manectric's stones while AlphaSapphire will have the other two's. Or perhaps the other way around version wise.

Or they may not treat them as exclusives this time around due to the regional Dex...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I hope my japanese movie Diancie will work for the mega stone. I can't get an US Diancie since the store is pretty far from where I live.

Years
    You really can't access McDonalds wifi with the hand held systems. I've already tried before, but as for the subject for this topic goes I'm guessing that their might be exclusive megas and only can access the others by trade.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    McDonald's is crap it signs me out every 10 mins. I don't know about Starbucks but from what I hear it's slow.

Years
    Back on the main topic, what I don't want to see is Game Freak making exclusive Mega Stones only found in the opposite version of its corresponding Pokemon, like what happened with Manectric/Houndoom and Aggron/Tyranitar in X & Y.

I don't like being forced to trade just to get a Mega Stone, it was just terrible to force players into trading for the stone that wasn't in their version. I really hope they learned their lesson here and made the stone actually obtainable in the same game as the Pokemon that uses it.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years

Houndour wasn't in the original RS so, unless he is in the postgame, he'll be exclusive to X version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Primal Groudon/Kyogre and Mega Camerupt/Sharpedo are the only ones I can see being exclusive to versions, but there isn't really anything stopping them from making Beedrill/Pidgeot version exclusives (for an example)

Years
    Houndour wasn't in the original RS so, unless he is in the postgame, he'll be exclusive to X version.
    It was available in Emerald post game though so chances are it may make a return, seeing how the post game of the Johto remakes had elements of Crystal, the remakes of Hoenn may have elements of Emerald post game such as the expanded safari and the Battle Frontier alongside new things. If the expanded Safari returns then Ampharite, and Houndoomite will likely be in these games as Ampharos and Houndoom were part of that expanded Safari. I think those two are about it though for that area...

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Any one get any updates on this? I would really like to know if Mega Sharpedo will be available in both

Years
    Any one get any updates on this? I would really like to know if Mega Sharpedo will be available in both

Well, Sharpedo wasn't exclusive to a specific game in the original versions as far as I'm concerned, and they'll likely keep the same exclusivity from the original games so I have a safe assumption Sharpedo will be in both games.

Years
    Well, Sharpedo wasn't exclusive to a specific game in the original versions as far as I'm concerned, and they'll likely keep the same exclusivity from the original games so I have a safe assumption Sharpedo will be in both games.
    The Mega Stone may not be though. It could be treating similar to the dual Mega stones of Charizard and Mewtwo, except in this case between two Pokémon instead of giving one Pokémon two Megas. That'll mean Cameruptite being in OmegaRuby and Sharpedite being in AquaSapphire, maybe. It's also possible that the non-antagonistic team leader is the one who gives us the stone, if so that'll mean Sharpedite in Omega Ruby.

Years
    The Mega Stone may not be though. It could be treating similar to the dual Mega stones of Charizard and Mewtwo, except in this case between two Pokémon instead of giving one Pokémon two Megas. That'll mean Cameruptite being in OmegaRuby and Sharpedite being in AquaSapphire, maybe. It's also possible that the non-antagonistic team leader is the one who gives us the stone, if so that'll mean Sharpedite in Omega Ruby.

Going by what R/S had, where you battled against the team that matched up with your version's color while the other team acted more like friends is something I think could get carried over, and that could lead to your theory of how the Cameruptite/Sharpedite may be obtained.

Or I could see both stones being obtained in one version, where the non-villainous team would give you their leader's Pokemon's respective Mega Stone while you obtain the other in a different area.

Years
    Going by what R/S had, where you battled against the team that matched up with your version's color while the other team acted more like friends is something I think could get carried over, and that could lead to your theory of how the Cameruptite/Sharpedite may be obtained.

Or I could see both stones being obtained in one version, where the non-villainous team would give you their leader's Pokemon's respective Mega Stone while you obtain the other in a different area.
    Maybe the evil leader will give it to us after taking the opposite orb back to Mt. Pyre (btw I hope we can get that opposite orb somehow to get the opposite Primal), saying how they don't need it any longer. Or at least as a thanks for stopping their error from destroying the world.

Years
    Going with what Hikamaru said, I could see you either gaining the mega stones from defeating the opposite team (team magma in ruby, team aqua in sapphire) although I think we will probably get the item that allows for primal reversion from them. I could also see the supporting team handing you the mega stone for their team (sharpedo's from aqua, camerupt's from magma) as a way to help you defeat the opposing team.

As for version exclusives, I could see:

Slowbro/ Pidgeot/ Beedrill since they're all gen I Pokemon
    Salamance/ Altaria since they're both dragon Pokemon
    Sharpedo/ Camerupt for obvious reasons
    Lopunny/ Gallade since they're both from the same Gen and both fighting (or become fighting, in Lopunny's case)

Years
    Going with what Hikamaru said, I could see you either gaining the mega stones from defeating the opposite team (team magma in ruby, team aqua in sapphire) although I think we will probably get the item that allows for primal reversion from them. I could also see the supporting team handing you the mega stone for their team (sharpedo's from aqua, camerupt's from magma) as a way to help you defeat the opposing team.

As for version exclusives, I could see:

Slowbro/ Pidgeot/ Beedrill since they're all gen I Pokemon
    Salamance/ Altaria since they're both dragon Pokemon
    Sharpedo/ Camerupt for obvious reasons
    Lopunny/ Gallade since they're both from the same Gen and both fighting (or become fighting, in Lopunny's case)

Interesting theory on the exclusives, but you have to remember the fact the Bagon, Swablu and Ralts lines were not exclusive in the originals, plus the main story will only allow Hoenn Dex Pokemon so the Gallade/Lopunny point is out of the question.

The Numel and Carvanha lines also weren't exclusive, and despite one being associated with Team Magma (Ruby exclusive) and Team Aqua (Sapphire exclusive) they were still able to be caught in both versions easily. The exclusivity among the Hoenn Dex is likely going to be carried over from the original versions.

Years
    Interesting theory on the exclusives, but you have to remember the fact the Bagon, Swablu and Ralts lines were not exclusive in the originals, plus the main story will only allow Hoenn Dex Pokemon so the Gallade/Lopunny point is out of the question.

The Numel and Carvanha lines also weren't exclusive, and despite one being associated with Team Magma (Ruby exclusive) and Team Aqua (Sapphire exclusive) they were still able to be caught in both versions easily. The exclusivity among the Hoenn Dex is likely going to be carried over from the original versions.

They might only have version exclusive mega stones this time around. As for Gallade/Lopunny, post-game is where you get mega stones in X/Y so I doubt they would allow you to start collecting them before then in ORAS.

Years
    I doubt Gallade will be an exclusive. Chances are Wally will give us a Ralts through trade similar to Shana with her starter's kid, and Diantha with her Gardevoir's kid (I speculate they breed their aces hence why I mention kid). Or he may just give it to us.

Back