• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Very New to Hacking

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2014
    After playing with a few Pokemon hacks, I decided it couldn't be all that difficult and decided I would proceeded to make one myself.
    I have most of the things needed to completely work on a ROM minus the Script Editor and the Word edit.
    After making my first map I need to know how all of these "Events" work. What everything I can change will affect and what happens. I would much appreciate an "In Depth" Explanation. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    P.S Thanks :D

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Woo boy. Alot of explaining.

So you see, "Events", is everything in your game, that makes up the mechanics, the story, etc. The entire gameplay. So you not only need maps, but events to run the game. To run these events, you need scripts. Scripts are just a basic set of commands that makeup, what you will be doing and how you do them. They are completely customizable using a script editor.

After making your script, you must then compile it. It's not hard, but it puts the script in the game. It'll five you a number, which is the offset, and you copy-paste that to where you want it. It should be under "Script Offset". Once the script runs by your game, if it didn't encounter any problems, the event will run smoothly.

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
    What my friend here said. When creating scripts, there a lots of commands to use. Look here for scripting tutorials. And another, if you are making a hack that has a new story line and such, IT'S NOT EASY. GET THAT THROUGH YOU THICK HEAD RIGHT NOW. Lol. But seriously, it's not easy. ;)

Back