• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC on YouTube: VGM Quiz of Quizziness [APPROVED]

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
  • Video Game Music Quiz
    Year 2, The Sequel, The Runback, The Remake, etc.

Intro
    Hello there fellow humans! I am ddrox13, but you can call me DJ_JoyMaker for the duration of GT. You probably have read some of my stuff on the PokéCommunity Daily. If you haven't, you should. it's good.

I can't come up with a good quote this year so put something inspirational here. And yes I am reusing assets from last year. Recycling is good for the environment.

Music sways human emotions, it changes how we think and act, and it's all around really freaking awesome. Composers of video games and movies need to set the scene for their games/movies with music. An intense fight scene should have Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin intense music. Video game composers have their own challenges - most video game pieces actually loop, so you need to create music that seamlessly loops into itself.

This event aims to celebrate some amazing songs from video games. However, due to there being so many songs to choose from, this set will be limited to songs from one line of consoles. Nintendo has long been praised for their outstanding soundtracks, so I think that's a good place to start (with this being a Pokémon forum and all).

The Quiz
    The concept of this quiz is very simple. Each day of GT, I pick some songs and send you MP3s, you work with your team to identify them for points.

Each day of GT, I will give everyone around 10 songs. Each will come in the form as a hand-picked 15-30 second clip from the song. The only exception to this will be songs that naturally are less than 15 seconds. This should be enough to identify them.

Today's are included in the following post, most of the others will be given in PM. If you want to receive these PMs, please post in this thread asking for PMs. I will also post them in the #VGM-Quiz channel of the Get-Together Discord.

To send in your responses, either PM me on the PokéCommunity Forums or DM me (@ddrox13#7859) on Discord. Your responses should indicate, for each song, the game and series it comes from and either the name of the song or when it plays in the game.

As an example, if Day 0 Song 1 were "The Lament of Falling Stars", You should tell me that Song 1 is from Pokemon ORAS and either that it is called "The Lament of Falling Stars" or that it plays in cutscenes where Zinnia is sad.

This year the limitations are any game that has EVER released on ANY Nintendo console. Which means now that all the PS-exclusive Final Fantasy games that got re-released on Switch earlier this year are fair game. At least one of these will be represented.

As with last year, I don't expect anyone to have played every Nintendo game ever. Not even all the good ones like Fossil Fighters. So, this event will be done as a team. You SHOULD use your Ruins channels on Discord to discuss these. But don't share your answers with the OTHER team.

Each Tribe should have at least 3 people send me responses per day to be eligible for points. Once I receive 3 identical (or close to identical) responses from members of a team, I'll count them as that team's answers. If I get at least 3 responses from a team but no 3 identical ones, I'll count whatever response for each question was used the most.

THERE IS NO NEED TO RUSH. Answers will be accepted for 24 hours after I post the questions. There are no points for speed. Speaking of which...

This event uses an independent points system, henceforth known as Quiz Points, or QP.

For each song correctly identified, your Investigation Team receives 5 QP. Correctly identifying the game or series, but not the song, results in partial QP. The team with the most correct answers each day nabs an extra 20 QP!

Points this year are getting awarded based exclusively on QP! You get 10 points towards your investigation for every 25 QP you pick up. Note to orgs: a perfect day is 50-70 QP a team, or ~20-30 actual points. Over 10 days this likely ends up around 250 as a maximum, likely closer to 200. I may add a few extras on weekends though so

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

CSS reused from Achromatic's long-since-vanished template thread. And yes I am still using the smod colour tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • You missed a width -> max-width tag ;)
    Also converted those heights to min-heights

It looks like a single rectangle with two colors on mobile but at least it doesnt stretch the screen :0

im too lazy to think of the actual sizes fjdksm

Back