• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
probably because they would kill each other, having fire and electric as types

Oddly enough, I never thought of that! (I was thinking that version mascot Legendaries tend to learn Earthquake, so the Yin-Yang Duo should be able to as well.)
Well, all the more reason why Reshiram and Zekrom should learn Earthquake - both of them are able to maintain balance by keeping their counterpart in check with a super-effective move! :cer_nod:

Still disappointed about Zekrom having Dig+Drill Liner withheld, though...

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Oddly enough, I never thought of that! (I was thinking that version mascot Legendaries tend to learn Earthquake, so the Yin-Yang Duo should be able to as well.)
Well, all the more reason why Reshiram and Zekrom should learn Earthquake - both of them are able to maintain balance by keeping their counterpart in check with a super-effective move! :cer_nod:

Still disappointed about Zekrom having Dig+Drill Liner withheld, though...

...they still got dragon type moves lol.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
...they still got dragon type moves lol.

Yeah...but not signature Dragon moves, though, like Generation IV's dragon trio had... (fanon, but I regard Draco Meteor Meteoric Swarm as Giratina's signature move, since the other two were variants of pre-existing moves as well. That, and the "swarm" part {from the move's original fan-submitted name, IIRC} implies "bug/insect", which Giratina can evoke with its six legs {hexapedalism?} and threatening appearance... A stretch, I know.) And Dragon keeps itself in balance by default, regardless...

But still, aside from Dragon-type moves, I think Earthquake is the most powerful move that both Reshiram and Zekrom theoretically could have learned to keep each other in check with a super-effective move, and tie more into the yin-yang/balance theme... *sighs* :\

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
Zekrom is superior. I don't care if Reshiram can hit everything neutral and hits Steel super effectively, nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, beats the blue lighting.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
zekrom is ok.... reshiram is ok....
i dont actually care bout legendaries except the final one >.>
i mean, victini 000? wtf
that is messed up for sure! also white fire and black lightning
so in the end, all the legendaries are of a variety of wierd/strange/random

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Something about the B+W mascots

So uhh maybe it's just me, but does anyone notice anything kind of weird about the mascots for black and white? Like they look like they FIT together just a bit too well? Like they have something in common, except opposite? (Aside from their color, of course.) Y'know what I'm getting at?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Since this thread is already discussing the mascots, I merged the two together.

The mascots are supposed to have some similar things in common though. I don't see how they go too far off within appearance, but that's just my opinion. I like their designs; their "flow" I suppose you can say, is what makes me like them the most aside from their competitive battling style. Reshiram has a subtle and calm appearance while Zekrom is moreover a fierce nature. n_n

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
So uhh maybe it's just me, but does anyone notice anything kind of weird about the mascots for black and white? Like they look like they FIT together just a bit too well? Like they have something in common, except opposite? (Aside from their color, of course.) Y'know what I'm getting at?
After all, the mascot dragons were originally one dragon, according to the mythology in Pokemon BW.

They split in two to help two brothers who were at war with each other.
One helped the brother who fought for steady growth, while the other helped the brother who fought for rapid advancement.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
Reshiram. Definitely. I knew I was getting Black even before they showed the legendaries! =)

Back