• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Video embedding

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Specifically Youtube. I think I've seen other people complain about this, so I know now it's not just me, so a test video for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8q1ENfWBA

The link works, but every time you embed, you get, well, this error. Hopefully I can bring attention to this if it's not well known.

But if it is, what's going on with it?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You only need to put the part after the = in the Youtube url in between the

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Ok so I checked your post, and you want to only use the numbers and letters after the equals sign. If you just put the link inside YT tags, it'll consider it a link and it won't work. It should look something like:

Code:
    [PLAIN][YOUTUBE]Qv8q1ENfWBA[/YOUTUBE][/PLAIN]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Ok so I checked your post, and you want to only use the numbers and letters after the equals sign. If you just put the link inside YT tags, it'll consider it a link and it won't work. It should look something like:

Code:
    [PLAIN][YOUTUBE]Qv8q1ENfWBA[/YOUTUBE][/PLAIN]

Test

Pretty sure I tried this before and it didn't work either.

Edit: and now it works. Great... now to fix my old posts.

Thanks for the tip though!

Last edited:
    Back