• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
In my opinion, Xbox Live should be pricier than Playstation Online. It has some really nice features and, something I will try, it's compatibility with Windows. Also, as proven through the last few years, Live is more secure and reliable than Playstation Online.

This. This. 1,000 times this. I proudly pay for XBL and I always will. The security of XBL tops PSN and the online MP experience is much better.

TY

Okay, i cannot deny that, based on the huge PSN hack that happened a few years back.

Years
Yeah, and after that, they still want to charge people for PSN now? Sony need to start thinking about their customers and not just the money.

TY

Agreed... Althrough i didnt had to pay to play online on PS3...
Kinda fear i wont be playing any next-gen console online then xD

T!M

Years
^Little late for Sony to be pulling that. They better be offering something nice on PS4 that they didn't on PS3. :/

Years
I was planning to buy Xbox One at first, but then decided not to. It's more expensive than the PS4. PlayStation 4 will be three ninety-nine in the US, while the XBO is going to be nearly five-hundred dollars. It's got a premium online service as well; if you want to play games online, then you must pay a certain amount of bill every month. PS4 will be doing the same thing, but their online services wouldn't be too pricey. Also, the Xbox One has a built-in Kinect system. Every time you have the console turned on, it would be able to detect even the slightest of movements—ruining your privacy. So, yeah… due to all these reasons, I'm choosing PS4. Rumor has it that PlayStation 4 is more powerful than Xbox One performance-wise, but can't be confirmed until they're actually released. d:

Do you have some sort of fetish with typing out numbers?

Reactions: T!M
Years
^Little late for Sony to be pulling that. They better be offering something nice on PS4 that they didn't on PS3. :/

Probably actual proper security this time, since servers and maintaining proper IT security of those servers have significant costs. You're talking hundreds of thousands (probably millions) just in initial purchasing of the hardware, not even including the initial setup costs and the running labor costs to maintain and administrate said servers.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Here in Brazil Sony managed to make the PS4 cost double the price of the Xbox One... That's reason alone to get the Xbox. Main disadvantages of the XONE are DRM in games and necessity to be online to play games, but I'm online at all times with a reliable connection, and I buy all my games boxed, so I don't care. What might make me get the PS4 (if I ever buy a home console) is the possibility of certain Japanese games like MGS, but otherwise I don't think the PS4 is as good as some people think, nor do I think Sony is on the gamers' side.

Plus I'm a car guy and Forza Motorsport is vastly superior to Gran Turismo.

Years
Here in Brazil Sony managed to make the PS4 cost double the price of the Xbox One... That's reason alone to get the Xbox. Main disadvantages of the XONE are DRM in games and necessity to be online to play games, but I'm online at all times with a reliable connection, and I buy all my games boxed, so I don't care. What might make me get the PS4 (if I ever buy a home console) is the possibility of certain Japanese games like MGS, but otherwise I don't think the PS4 is as good as some people think, nor do I think Sony is on the gamers' side.

Plus I'm a car guy and Forza Motorsport is vastly superior to Gran Turismo.

If you didn't know Microsoft retracted on most of their DRM policies, which is good news for you. I heard that PS4 is going to cost $1800 in Brazil, which is just absurd to the power of 4.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
If you didn't know Microsoft retracted on most of their DRM policies, which is good news for you. I heard that PS4 is going to cost $1800 in Brazil, which is just absurd to the power of 4.

Yeah but my brother-in-law is a Sony fanboy unfortunately. :/

TY

Jezus thats a lot of money... But i agree that Sony better has to do something special with the PS4 Online services to make it worth to buy for

Years
Jezus thats a lot of money... But i agree that Sony better has to do something special with the PS4 Online services to make it worth to buy for

If their backend actually has security on par with XBL, that's far and away worth paying for online services. Last generation on the PS3, you got what you paid for when it came to security: horrid security. Making the PSN require subscriptions for actual online gaming may well lead to better security of information. Microsoft was smart to make XBL a pay-for service from the start back when it debuted on the Xbox.

T!M

Years
Probably actual proper security this time, since servers and maintaining proper IT security of those servers have significant costs. You're talking hundreds of thousands (probably millions) just in initial purchasing of the hardware, not even including the initial setup costs and the running labor costs to maintain and administrate said servers.

Oh I know that they would be much safer on PS4 than on PS3. And that's good. I was just saying it's something they should of employed in PS3 from the get-go.

T!M

Years
That was there loss wasn't it? They sacrificed security for individuality or uniqueness. Whatever you wanna' call it.

Years
I think it was pretty stupid to not enforce security from the get-go of PS3 because of uniqueness, if that was the reason. I don't think gamers would care so much about that as long as they can game.

T!M

Years
I think it was pretty stupid to not enforce security from the get-go of PS3 because of uniqueness, if that was the reason. I don't think gamers would care so much about that as long as they can game.

True, there isn't much to lose for free Multiplayer on PSN as opposed to XBL which, for most people, needs a Credit Card for most things. And a hack could jeopardize thousands, literally, millions of XBL users.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Apparently in Japan, even the PSP sales top the XBox ones. This week, they sold 328 XBox units, 477 Wii units, 3 680 PSP units, 11 148 PS3 units, 27 618 PS Vita units, 38 802 Wii U units(compared to 2 500 the previous week) and 88 376 3DS units(20% less than the previous week). Some people even go as far to say that the 3DS is starting to decline, any thoughts in this other than how the XBox failed miserably?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Some people even go as far to say that the 3DS is starting to decline, any thoughts in this other than how the XBox failed miserably?
Pfft, not much to read into that. Of course 3DS sales will drop in Japan, it's been a month now since X&Y, and two sine the other huge hitter over there (Monster Hunter 4). Other games won't rank as highly as those two (both nearing 3 million sales each in Japan alone), although the next LoZ game may give another spike there. Given how darn well the 3DS is going now such drops are of little concern. More interest will be in how the WiiU will go over the next few months given the releases starting to come now.

Years
I'm still waiting for a killer Wii U bundle when Christmas comes around. There are quite a few nice games on the Wii U that are to be released this month and the next so I have my hopes up. Does anyone know of any news concerning this? Do Nintendo release news on bundles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back