• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

Well yeah, video game companies rely on their good selling titles too much that they make tons of sequels for them, like the Modern Warfare series of CoD (if not everyone died in MW3's story there may have even been a MW4 O_O)

TY

And i would put even more on the probability of Ghosts III :S

IW logic

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Another sequel.... yay. Seriously, if the entire eight generation of gaming is going to be a sequel-fest with almost no new IPs, I'm going to stick with my PC.

Haven't you heard of the Wonderful 101, Ryse, and Titanfall? Knack is a new IP as well, but look at its metacritic score.

In other news, the PS4 is facing serious issues: http://playeressence.com/ok-seems-like-ps4-big-failure-rate-problem/

And they say the Wii U will be this generation's failure.

TY

Well, i havent seen anyone with a PS4 yet around my neighbourhood, but this sure makes me wanna think about getting any next-gen console

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
And they say the Wii U will be this generation's failure.
Nope. Not when this game exists:
Super_Mario_3D_World_box_art.jpg

In other news, first time hearing about the PS4 failure rate...it's not fake, is it?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Nope. Not when this game exists:
Super_Mario_3D_World_box_art.jpg

In other news, first time hearing about the PS4 failure rate...it's not fake, is it?

Only 6 more days. 6 more long days. :(

I haven't heard about that bit about the PS4... though I've heard there were a few disappointments (but that's common with all new stuff?)

TY

Me neither, which is why its so weird, since i really only saw positive things about it with some little disappointments

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
6 more days for you guys. Gotta wait until the 29th, but exams start the week after so not much time playing. :(

It'll be wonderful for Christmas with friends, though. NSMBU all over again. <3

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Fortunately the games are coming out juuust before my b-day. <3 Hm, I think the Xbox One is coming out in a few days too - anyone interested in that?

TY

I might consider getting one, i really have no idea which one to choose... One side i wanna stick to Sony's Playstation consoles cause i know how the controller works and on the other side i wanna try the Xbox out badly too... I might even end up getting none haha xP

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Honestly? I'm more than content with the Wii U and the handheld duo (3DS and Vita). Often I see myself these days going back to play games I missed out on(this is all the more easier with the eShop and SCEE putting an abundance of PS1 classics on the Vita store), rather than be excited for games coming out soon. From this year alone, I only wanted Luigi's Mansion and Metal Gear Rising, and the upcoming 3D World, Link Between Worlds and Tearaway. (all from the same day hilariously enough.) Of course I did end up getting games that I didn't really intend to get but out of that I only really enjoyed Ace Attorney 5 (birthday gift!) and Pikmin 3. Oh, and New Super Luigi U if that counts...and I did enjoy Sly 4, now that I think about it.

I don't think I'll get a PS4 or an Xbox One for a while anyway...at least, not before Desiny launches, and then my console of choice would be depending on what my cousins and friends get...which is hella mixed since my cousins are getting a PS4 and my friends are getting an Xbox One. :x I'm pretty torn!

Last edited:

TY

All my friends are getting a PS4, but they would only play Ghosts or FIFA 14 24/7 so thats still useless for me since im not getting those games anytime.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'll wait until KH3 comes out in order to buy myself a PS4, if they managed to fix their system's failure rate of course.

I've got into an argument with the same contacts on my skype regarding this article I've found: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129617-Pachter-Predicts-PlayStation-Domination

Despite being infamous for usually having his predictions wrong, they agree with his statement about this gen being the last of its kind. I told them about his past predictions, but they're still convinced that he's right this time. These were their responses:

Spoiler:

Do they have a point? Could Pachter be right this time?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It's PS4 or bust for me. Though, I won't be getting it anytime soon, if at all. Pretty much every game that I want is also coming out for the PC, so I don't particularly mind waiting, and the only title that really has me excited is MGSV, but even in the case of MGS4 I waited.

Really, save for the Wii U I'll inevitably get and the handhelds of the same generation that I already have, I'm not really looking forward to the next generation consoles. Xbone still has Xbox Live, a service that legitimately scares me, and the exclusives for the two are sparce. Not to mention that, as time marches on, the PC is gaining more of a living room presence and, as such, more and more games are coming to it, even from the East (which is a great change).

TY

On a completely different note: Blizzard announced a 2.1 patch for StarCraft 2 including a lot of cool new features for people who wanna try the game out without buying the game itself. The features being:

-All maps are avalible for the Starter Edition
-All races are availble too for the Starter Edition
-The entire Arcade mode is open for people with the Starter edition

Basically this makes StarCraft 2 kinda a FTP game now, with the exception of the campaign and the ranked/unranked games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back