• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games Trivia

Years

• VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA

HOW THIS WORKS

THE FIRST TRIVIA SET
    Below you will find the first set of questions, and to participate, all you have to do is message myself with the answers. PLEASE join the GT server and when you submit your answers, please include your Discord handle as well (just makes it easier for me to track if needed). I am contactable either via:

For this set only, you may send in your answers at any point during the Get-Together.

Answering the first set of questions will gain you 1 point for each correct answer and an extra 10 points for fully completing the set.

DAILY TRIVIA
    Moving forward 5 harder questions following a theme will be posted, however the answering process will remain the same. From the time it is posted, you will have 24 hours to get in your answers for each set.

Scoring will be 1 point for each correct answer and then 5 points for a completed set. One question in each set will also be a bonus question, meaning you can score extra points. These will be highlighted and the extra criteria specified.

You get one chance and one chance only, so check your answers before sending them in! Once I have received your message, you're locked in!

Participation in this event will also contribute towards Legend of PokéCommunity! The top 3 players from Team Pikachu and Team Eevee will win EXP and Gold for their Legend of PC Heroes!!!! Make sure to make a hero in this thread, if you make one after the event, you will not receive the winnings!

Without further adieu, let the Trivia commence! Good luck, Trainers!

TRIVIA SET #1

MAINSTREAM GAMES
    • How many Houses are in the newest Fire Emblem game?
    • Which Overwatch Hero shares their name with a League of Legends Champion?
    CONSOLES
    • Name the expansion for the N64, which was a commercial failure? BONUS - what do the two parts of its name refer to?
    • Which disc was needed for the SEGA Dreamcast to connect to The Internet?
    TWITCH CULTURE & ESPORTS
    • Which game was first played and kicked off the "Twitch Plays" craze?
    • Still dubbed as one of the best moments in eSports history, which player made a comeback now dubbed "EVO Moment #37"??
    EASTER EGGS
    • Which survival horror game has an easter egg referencing the class "Jill Sandwich" line from Resident Evil?
    • Which game has a secret level, filled with nothing but cows?

POINTS TALLY

Check up on how you are doing here!
    NEVER

1st Place -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

1st Place -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

AND FINALLY...

A few closing notes - in the spirit of the competition, please try not to look up the answers! Use existing knowledge to answer these questions - there's a wide range of games mentioned so that there's something for everyone. If you have any questions at all regarding how the event is run, don't hesitate to post it here or message me.

The event itself may be set up with a little competitive edge, however the total amount of points you accumulate matters the most, as more points means we get closer to the breakpoints, so get participating!

And most importantly...have fun! (Thank you Juno for the original CSS layout that I've tweaked <3)

Cid

Years
  • I just wanted to say that the CSS of this thread is so cute. I'm 100% sure I know very little because I really am a wee babby when it comes to VG Trivia. Good luck everyone!

Years

• VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA

HOW THIS WORKS

DAY ONE: FIGHTING GAMES
    In light of EVO this weekend, we're starting off with our first daily set of trivia questions - Fighting Games! Below you will find the set of questions, and to participate, all you have to do is message myself with the answers. PLEASE join the GT server and when you submit your answers, please include your Discord handle and team (Eevee/Pikachu) as well (just makes it easier for me to track if needed). I am contactable either via:

For this set you will need to submit your answers by 20:00 BST on Monday 5th August.

Answering the first set of questions will gain you 1 point for each correct answer and an extra 5 points for fully completing the set.

You get one chance and one chance only, so check your answers before sending them in! Once I have received your message, you're locked in!

Participation in this event will also contribute towards Legend of PokéCommunity! The top 3 players from Team Pikachu and Team Eevee will win EXP and Gold for their Legend of PC Heroes!!!! Make sure to make a hero in this thread, if you make one after the event, you will not receive the winnings!

It's time for Day One!

DAILY TRIVIA SET #1

• Which Tekken character has only one move in their movelist?
    • In Ultimate Mortal Kombat Three, name all of the ways you can "FINISH HIM/HER", once you have defeated them.
    • Name all of The Dolls from the Street Fighter series. BONUS: Name The Dolls which are unplayable in the Street Fighter franchise.
    • Who were the version-exclusive characters for Soul Calibur 2?
    • Which character in Super Smash Bros. Melee has the longest wavedash?

POINTS TALLY

Updated as of:

1st Place -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

1st Place -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

Years

• VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA

HOW THIS WORKS

DAY TWO/THREE: TRUE OR FALSE?
    Apologies firstly everyone! I have had some internet issues, so to make up for it I will be creating another list of questions to be submitted throughout the GT and then the standard daily set for today. Below you will find the set of questions, and to participate, all you have to do is message myself with the answers. PLEASE join the GT server to be assigned your team and when you submit your answers, please include your Discord handle and team (Eevee/Pikachu) as well (just makes it easier for me to track if needed). I am contactable either via:

For the daily set you will need to submit your answers by 23:30 BST on Thurday 5th August. Otherwise, the remaining set is to be completed by the end of the Get-Together.

To level things with the other events in terms of points, I will be matching the VGM Trivia event. For every correct answer, you will receive 5 points. a 10 point bonus will be awarded for a complete set.[/B] I will retroactively apply this as well tomorrow.

It's time for Day Two (sort of) , TRUE OR FALSE? Simply - answer whether the statement is TRUE or FALSE!

DAILY TRIVIA SET #2

• The Galar Region in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield draws its influences from the country of Italy.
    • With some games on the Playstation, you could remove the game disc and replace it with a music CD, creating your own soundtrack for the game whilst it was still playing.
    • In Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, the leader of the pirates Tetra is in fact Princess Zelda.
    • In the Fallout universe, Deathclaws are mutated reptiles.
    • David Hayter (the voice actor for Solid Snake in the majority of the Metal Gear Solid series) forfeited half of his paycheck, so that the original cast members from Metal Gear Solid 1 could play their respective roles in Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.

GT TRIVIA SET #2

RPGs
    • Which Final Fantasy game was the first to feature more than 4 playable characters? BONUS: Name them all.
    • What are the three types of run you can undertake in Undertale?
    PERIPHERALS
    • What is the official name of the "controller" you can use to play games such as Point Blank and Time Crisis?
    • How many games were released specifically for the Nintedo Power Glove?
    SPIN-OFFS
    • Street Fighter's Cammy features in this spin-off game, which is named after one of her moves in Street Fighter. What is the game called?
    • Death by Degrees is a spin-off game featuring which old-school Tekken character?
    CONSOLES 2.0
    • Which console has sold the most units to date?
    • Before the Nintendo Wii had its name finalised, what was the other name it was going to be potentially given?

POINTS TALLY

Updated as of:

1st Place -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

1st Place -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

Years

• VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA

HOW THIS WORKS

A WHOLE LOTTA QUESTIONS - TRIVIA BUMPER QUIZ!
    Apologies firstly everyone! Scheduling this has apparently been a nightmare. I will be creating a larger list of questions to be submitted throughout the GT as a result so at least more Daily trivia is not missed. Below you will find the set of questions, and to participate, all you have to do is message myself with the answers. PLEASE join the GT server to be assigned your team and when you submit your answers, please include your Discord handle and team (Eevee/Pikachu) as well (just makes it easier for me to track if needed). I am contactable either via:

All of the remaining questions will now have the answers revealed at the end of the Get-Together (13th August). However any answers before this I will look at and apply the points straight away.

To level things with the other events in terms of points, I will be matching the VGM Trivia event. For every correct answer, you will receive 5 points. a 10 point bonus will be awarded for a complete set.[/B] I will retroactively apply this as well tomorrow.

Here are the answers from the last set of Daily questions:

DAILY TRIVIA SET #2 ANSWERS

• The Galar Region in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield draws its influences from the country of Italy. FALSE
    • With some games on the Playstation, you could remove the game disc and replace it with a music CD, creating your own soundtrack for the game whilst it was still playing. TRUE
    • In Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, the leader of the pirates Tetra is in fact Princess Zelda. TRUE
    • In the Fallout universe, Deathclaws are mutated reptiles. TRUE
    • David Hayter (the voice actor for Solid Snake in the majority of the Metal Gear Solid series) forfeited half of his paycheck, so that the original cast members from Metal Gear Solid 1 could play their respective roles in Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. TRUE

GT TRIVIA SETS #1, #2, #3 and #4

TRIVIA SET #1

• How many Houses are in the newest Fire Emblem game?
    • Which Overwatch Hero shares their name with a League of Legends Champion?

• Name the expansion for the N64, which was a commercial failure? BONUS - what do the two parts of its name refer to?
    • Which disc was needed for the SEGA Dreamcast to connect to The Internet?

• Which game was first played and kicked off the "Twitch Plays" craze?
    • Still dubbed as one of the best moments in eSports history, which player made a comeback now dubbed "EVO Moment #37"??

• Which survival horror game has an easter egg referencing the class "Jill Sandwich" line from Resident Evil?
    • Which game has a secret level, filled with nothing but cows?

TRIVIA SET #2

• Which Final Fantasy game was the first to feature more than 4 playable characters? BONUS: Name them all.
    • What are the three types of run you can undertake in Undertale?

• What is the official name of the "controller" you can use to play games such as Point Blank and Time Crisis?
    • How many games were released specifically for the Nintedo Power Glove?

• Street Fighter's Cammy features in this spin-off game, which is named after one of her moves in Street Fighter. What is the game called?
    • Death by Degrees is a spin-off game featuring which old-school Tekken character?

• Which console has sold the most units to date?
    • Before the Nintendo Wii had its name finalised, what was the other name it was going to be potentially given?

TRIVIA SET #3

• Name the classes (what decks you can make) in Hearthstone.
    • In F-Zero, what is the name this vehicle (BONUS: name its pilot):
      Spoiler:

• What is the name for an arcade stick which has buttons for every input, including one for each direction?
    • In Resident Evil 6, what does Piers Nivans inject himself with to save Chris Redfield from HAOS?

• Which one of these 3 Disgaea characters is the oldest: Flonne, Laharl, Etna?
    • Name this weapon:
      Spoiler:

• Which character says the famous line "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk, have at you!"
    • The song Missing Link by Machinae Supremacy is about a game in the Legend of Zelda series. Which game is it?

TRIVIA SET #4

• Name these weapons (HINT: they are all from the same franchise):
      Spoiler:

• In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, what unique weapon does Ike receive on his promotion to the Lord class?
    • Name the three Kingdoms in Dynasty Warriors 5.

• In Pokémon X and Y, how many Badges do you need to obtain before you can access the Battle Chateau?
    • Name one character which has been in every Super Smash Brothers game. BONUS: name them all.

• What is the Ultimate "talent" of Danganronpa's Nanami Chiaki?
    • In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, what happens at 3:33AM on Sundays and Mondays?

POINTS TALLY

Updated as of:

1st Place - fast_reader (40 points)
    2nd Place - synthetix (30 points)
    3rd Place - Desert Stream (20 points)
    Grand Total -

1st Place - Cid (60 points)
    2nd Place - ColdSkull (25 points)
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

Last edited:
    Years

• VIDEO GAMES TRIVIA

THE END!

Thank you everyone for your patience firstly, but mostly for participating in the VG Trivia event! Keep your eyes peeled, as something like this may be coming up in the Video Games section soon..........

I appreciate it started out tough, so I tried my best to dumb it down but keep it niche and I hope that went well! I also hope you enjoyed it too!!!!

Here are the answers for the rest of the quiz!!!!

GT TRIVIA SETS #1, #2, #3 and #4 ANSWERS

TRIVIA SET #1

• How many Houses are in the newest Fire Emblem game? Three
    • Which Overwatch Hero shares their name with a League of Legends Champion? Ashe

• Name the expansion for the N64, which was a commercial failure? BONUS - what do the two parts of its name refer to? 64DD. The 64 stands for 64MB/N64 and the DD stands for Disk Drive.
    • Which disc was needed for the SEGA Dreamcast to connect to The Internet? Dreamkey.

• Which game was first played and kicked off the "Twitch Plays" craze? Pokémon Red/Blue
    • Still dubbed as one of the best moments in eSports history, which player made a comeback now dubbed "EVO Moment #37"? Daigo Umehara at EVO 2004 vs. Justin Wong.

• Which survival horror game has an easter egg referencing the class "Jill Sandwich" line from Resident Evil? Dead Rising.
    • Which game has a secret level, filled with nothing but cows? Diablo 2.

TRIVIA SET #2

• Which Final Fantasy game was the first to feature more than 4 playable characters? BONUS: Name them all. FF1. The characters were: Warrior/Knight, Monk/Master, Thief/Ninja, Red Mage/Red Wizard, White Mage/White Wizard, Black Mage/Black Wizard.
    • What are the three types of run you can undertake in Undertale? True Pacifist, Neutral and Genocide.

• What is the official name of the "controller" you can use to play games such as Point Blank and Time Crisis? Lightgun.
    • How many games were released specifically for the Nintedo Power Glove? 5: Super Glove Ball, Bad Street Brawler, Glove Pilot, Manipulator Glove Adventure, Techtown/Tektown.

• Street Fighter's Cammy features in this spin-off game, which is named after one of her moves in Street Fighter. What is the game called? Cannon Spike.
    • Death by Degrees is a spin-off game featuring which old-school Tekken character? Nina Williams.

• Which console has sold the most units to date? PS2.
    • Before the Nintendo Wii had its name finalised, what was the other name it was going to be potentially given? Revolution.

TRIVIA SET #3

• Name the classes (what decks you can make) in Hearthstone. Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior.
    • In F-Zero, what is the name this vehicle (BONUS: name its pilot):
      Spoiler:

Astro Robin, piloted by Jack Levin.

• What is the name for an arcade stick which has buttons for every input, including one for each direction? Hitbox.
    • In Resident Evil 6, what does Piers Nivans inject himself with to save Chris Redfield from HAOS? The C-Virus.

• Which one of these 3 Disgaea characters is the oldest: Flonne, Laharl, Etna? Flonne.
    • Name this weapon:
      Spoiler:

Soul Edge.

• Which character says the famous line "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk, have at you!" Dracula from the Castlevania series.
    • The song Missing Link by Machinae Supremacy is about a game in the Legend of Zelda series. Which game is it? Majora's Mask.

TRIVIA SET #4

• Name these weapons (HINT: they are all from the same franchise):
      Spoiler:

Excalibur 2 - FF9
    Angel Bless - FF9
    Cutting Trigger - FF8
    Buster Sword - FF7

• In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, what unique weapon does Ike receive on his promotion to the Lord class? Ragnell.
    • Name the three Kingdoms in Dynasty Warriors 5. Shu, Wei and Wu.

• In Pokémon X and Y, how many Badges do you need to obtain before you can access the Battle Chateau? 1.
    • Name one character which has been in every Super Smash Brothers game. BONUS: name them all. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Ness.

• What is the Ultimate "talent" of Danganronpa's Nanami Chiaki? Ultimate Gamer.
    • In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, what happens at 3:33AM on Sundays and Mondays? A UFO appears!

POINTS TALLY

FINAL TALLIES
    Updated as of: 14th August, 2019.

1st Place - Desert Stream (56 points)
    2nd Place - fast_reader (40 points)
    3rd Place - synthetix (30 points)
    Grand Total -

1st Place - ColdSkull (155 points)
    2nd Place - Cid (90 points)
    3rd Place -
    Grand Total -

Thank you to everyone again and a huge shoutout to WizardofOdd for an amazing surge at the end, gaining a whopping **130 points** to take the lead from Cid! EXP and Gold will be issued for everyone who has signed up for Legend of PokéCommunity as well. Watch this space, more trivia will be coming your way!

Last edited:
    Back