• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Views on hunting

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Hunting opinions, huh? I only approve of hunting for food, not sport. I like animals and can't stand it when people kill them just for the fun of it.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Take a look at your teeth. We aren't carnivores. We're supposed to be vegetarians.
    I do not believe in hunting. I hate it. >_< Sure, the animal will die eventually, but it will (hopefully x.o) die in a more natural way then a bullet or a knife. If you want to kill an animal to hang it on your wall as a trophy, or for competition, that is just wrong. It's cruel. How about I stick a knife in your heart and hang your butt up on my wall? I don't think killing an animal should be something to be, at all, proud of.

If you want to make a coat for yourself, I can understand that. But not making a thousand sweaters that has real fur on it for design. v.v

There's my opinion~ xD

Wow, that was extremely ignorant of you to say. Hunting is a way of life, no matter how you look at it. We cannot simply depend on vegatables for every bit of nutrition we need for our bodies. Otherwise meat would serve as no purpose at all. We have been hunting for food ever since we were around. Also, depending on how an animal is killed, it's not cruel at all compared to some fates that may have been in store for them. Some animals eat other animals alive. They kill others to live and thrive. It's all a part of the food chain and we're a part of it as well. We aren't some alien race that shouldn't have anything to do with animals; we are a part of nature which gives us the right to hunt animals for food, clothing, etc.

Also, our teeth, aren't made specifacally for greens. Some of our teeth are a little sharper than others, allowing us to chew meat better. We're omnivores and that's enough of a right for us to hunt. We do our job in anture to control animal populations because we are a part of nature (how many times have I said that now?). If we didn't hunt, than animal populations would explode and it would make it harder for us to eat the vegetables we grow, and competition for land would be even worse, as well as more dangerous.

On the topic of hunting animals for sport, it really doesn't bother me too much, although I do find a waste of a perfectly good animal (that is unless another animal comes to eat your kill after some time). "Hunting is inhumane", tell that to a lion.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    MY teeth are for tearing meat.

But as for Ranged hunting...I'd do it but I'd feel bad about it. I always find guns to be a cowardly weapon.

Now if it was Melee hunting Then I'd be ok with it!

Call me manly.

G-Klav

Meh, what should this here say
    Years
    Hunting is a good hobby, I've heard. As long as it happens in the right time of the year (i.e not during the summer, when many animals are raising their young), it's fine by me.

But in general, more predation should go from human hunters to the animals' natural predators, like the wolf, the lynx and the bear. I think it would be healthier for the moose and deer populations, as natural predators only get the weak, the old or in some cases the young, whilst a human hunter can kill a perfectly healthy animal.

Natti

where were y o u . . .
    Years
    Originally Posted by Memory
    Take a look at your teeth. We aren't carnivores. We're supposed to be vegetarians.

Wow. You were joking, right? :/

Anyways.

Like what the majority has said, I don't give a hoot if it's for food and stuff but if you're just gonna shoot it for fun and stuff, no. :x

I live in Texas, and where I am, a lot of people hunt deer for food so I kind have to... not care about hunting, if ya catch my drift. But yeah, hunt if you have to, not if you want to.

Edit:

мizuκi: I love your posts. D: <3

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hunting for Eating: Well. I think this subject is just plain stupid. "Don't kill living things to eat them!" What, so you're going to eat rocks because they're not alive? Plants are alive. They give you oxygen. Animal's eat plants. Are you telling them not to eat plants because they're alive? Or is it because plants can't move or make noise that they don't count? They're not really alive, am I right?

Also, telling us to become vegetarians because it's wrong to eat animals is essentially the same thing as telling to a lion, "Don't eat other animals you bad bad kitty. >O"

^ As far as I'm concerned, I'm just going to laugh in your face, while that kitty is probably going to munch off a few of your fingers. Or your face. Whichever looks tastier.

Take another look Memo-chan. >.< We have canines for a reason. Humans are stated to be both Carnivorus and Herbivorus, the combination phrase eludes me. Edit: Ah, that would be Omnivores. Thank you brocklee. Edit-ching: Ah! xD brocklee you stole all my points before me. Lulz~

Hunting for Sport: I don't particularly care. I know, it's like, "Omfg you are such a horrible person, don't you care about the animals? ;A;" ...To be honest... No. Not really. It's not my problem if other people go off huntin' animals and shooting their butts off. I'm not about to tell them to keep on truckin', but I'm not about to go telling them off. To me, that's the equivelant of someone bugging me to get off the computer, in which case, it is quite tempting to just blow a corkgun in their face to shut them up. It's like the Gay & Lesbian rights issue. Let them be. Jesus christ we are just so interested in poking our noses into other people's business these days. < <

Caged Rare Species Hunting: Well. The 'right' answer for this would be 'Omfg, that's horrible!'. Well. I mean, I personally don't really care if I NEVER GET TO SEE THE LAST SPECIES OF SO-AND-SO BECAUSE IT'S EXTINCT WTF. But I don't think they should be caged. That's just retarded. Hunting is supposed to be a sport. The sport is chasing, and finding the animal. < < Besides, it's illegal, so don't do it. Rare species are usually taken out of the zoo anyway, so honestly, if it's bred and born in a zoo then hunting it is just plain retarded.

In response to the slaughter house question: Yes, I've been to a slaughterhouse. I've also been to a chicken de-featherer barn, where they heat up the de-featherer until the water boils, put the chicken into it (quite alive, thank you,) and let it cook for awhile before putting it into spin cycle where the feathers just all fall off because they've been boiled off, and then the remaining bits pulled off by hand. And a pig slaughter house, but that was a little more explicit, so I'm not going to share.

You can call me a horrible person if you want, I know I'm not a saint.

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Also, telling us to become vegetarians because it's wrong to eat animals is essentially the same thing as telling to a lion, "Don't eat other animals you bad bad kitty. >O"
    That is probably the single greatest quote I have ever read.

You know when I first started this thread I thought it had the potential to make me instantly hated in the community or it could give people a good place to post their opinions on an important issue. I am proud to say it is the second thought that has prevailed. Thank you for all your opinions it has given me an insight in to other peoples perspectives. Please keep it up.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    But as for Ranged hunting...I'd do it but I'd feel bad about it. I always find guns to be a cowardly weapon.

Now if it was Melee hunting Then I'd be ok with it!

Call me manly.
    Uh, right. And while you get gored by a wild water buffalo or mauled by a bear, I'll just sit back with an Accuracy International L115A1 and put five .338 Lapua Magnum rounds in the designated target from a reasonably safe distance. What you call cowardice, I call practicality; what you call manliness, I call suicidal recklessness.

That said, I have no problem with hunting for sustenance. Hunting for sport is perfectly fine as well, as long as it's done within legal boundaries.

As for the slaughterhouse aspect of this discussion, yes, I have been to one. The actual process of killing the animal isn't as disgusting as the animal-rights activists let on, really.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Uh, right. And while you get gored by a wild water buffalo or mauled by a bear, I'll just sit back with an Accuracy International L115A1 and put five .338 Lapua Magnum rounds in the designated target from a reasonably safe distance. What you call cowardice, I call practicality; what you call manliness, I call suicidal recklessness.

That said, I have no problem with hunting for sustenance. Hunting for sport is perfectly fine as well, as long as it's done within legal boundaries.

As for the slaughterhouse aspect of this discussion, yes, I have been to one. The actual process of killing the animal isn't as disgusting as the animal-rights activists let on, really.

Reckless, yes. Suicidal, heck no.

You're talking to the inventor of "Fire Ball" here. I've got to feed my adrenaline SOME how, don't I?

I do have limits...I'm not gonna fight a Bear. I'd go as far as a stag.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    a lot people in my family hunt including me I just think depends on what you are hunting like when I feasnt stuff cook I do not care I just like the sport but deer that is diffrent I don't really want to take the shot when I start doing deer soon I don't I am just mix feelings n hunting.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I'm an avid hunter myself. I'd like to take this message as an opportunity to clear up some misconceptions that many people have about hunting.
    -If humans didn't kill the animals they would be over populated and die of starvation, which is more painful than being shot.
    -Hunting is not a cruel sport, nor is it unfair. It is very difficult to find a deer in the wild that is legal to be shot. It takes a great deal of skill and patience.
    -Most of the time you don't even see any deer or whatever animal you are hunting while you are on the hunt, so most of the joy comes from being out in nature.
    -Animals don't suffer much from being shot with a hunting rifle's round. They are big enough to put the animal down without much pain at all. A skilled hunter is able to hit the heart, which causes a death in less than 30 seconds. Much less painful than the week or so it takes a deer to starve to death.

Other things I would like to say is that in America (at least in most places) we have the right to hunt. You have the right to say you don't agree with it or whatever, but you shouldn't try to stop someone on their right to hunt.
    If you read this post I thank you.

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
    I know...my family members who hunt have told me all that. I'd just rather they didn't go out and kill innocent, defenseless things they don't need for their own survival. I prefer to shoot animals with cameras, live and let live. I respect your right to hunt...I just would never do it unless I had to.

I'm at least glad that they do eat them and not waste any...but even then...
    I'm pretty sure you can get just about as much protein from eating lentils as from meat, without all the fat and junk that comes with it. =/

Last edited:

C Sherbii S

Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I know...my family members who hunt have told me all that. I'd just rather they didn't go out and kill innocent, defenseless things they don't need for their own survival. I prefer to shoot animals with cameras, live and let live. I respect your right to hunt...I just would never do it unless I had to.

I'm at least glad that they do eat them and not waste any...but even then...
    I'm pretty sure you can get just about as much protein from eating lentils as from meat, without all the fat and junk that comes with it. =/

I respect what you are saying. I'd also like to point out that there is no difference between hunting in the woods, and shopping for meats at the grocery store. Either way an animal is killed that you don't technically need for you survival. By killing an animal yourself you are just cutting out the middle man.

Where I live hunting has a great tradition of being a way that a father bonds with his son. I started hunting with my dad on my tenth birthday (which coincidentally was the first day of hunting season that year), and it has been good times ever since.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Maturity's overrated. So am I.
    Years
    Well, you think about it. All the animals in the wilderness, except for the herbivores, they all kill other animals to eat. So if we copy their example and do so, then I suppose that's fine. But in the case of the wolves, where we are slaughtering them because they scare us and because they are hunting the elk we want to hunt for sport, then I highly disapprove of this. Captain Jack Sparrow says, "Absolutely not, mate!"

C Sherbii S

Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Sometimes wolves are killed because they are a threat to someones life. They are quite viscous.

Back