• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VIII: The Cats Came Back

Which are your favourites?

• Total voters

Simon Science

Scientist
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
leipard and Luxray
My first pokemon game was pokemon peral, and shinx was immidiatley part of my team. When it learned crunch i gave it blackglasses and just imagining the scene of a luxray with shades made it more awsome. Im still dissapointed that nintendo didint give luxray dark electrik for dark STAB with crunch, but the sheer awsomness of luxray makes it win out over others.
Leipard is one of those unnapreciated gems of competitive. While evryone says that its prankster is near useless with no moves to really utilise it exept thunder wave, when i learned it got unburden+sukerpunch+gunk shot i immidiatley made a weakness policy endure set. I havent used it mutch but its moves, type, desing and evrything has really grown on me for some reason,making it go above other cat pokemon in my personal opinion.

persona honorable mentions:Espeon the eeveelution, cute and usefull,Meowstic line is both cute(male) and pimp(female), skitty is just adorable.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Overall espeon is my favorite. I think it's the closest to a domestic cat and it actually reminds me of my cat a lot. Very useful/powerful too. Second choice would be Persian.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Espeon - An alternative to Alakazam for those who are unable to trade. Plus it has an elegant design.
Raikou - The bulkiest fragile speedster of the Electric types. The shiny from the event a few years ago isn't too shabby, having access to Weather Ball.
Luxray - Elemental Fangs, Wild Charge, Intimidate, Guts, and Fascade. Luxray provides several interesting sets to try out.
Pyroar - I only like its design (everything else about it performance-wise is disappointing).

Years
I pretty much love all of them!

IF I had to rank them:
Skitty > Shinx = Meowth = Purrloin > Espurr > Glameow

Pyroar = Liepard = Luxray > Persian = Meowstic = Delcatty > Purrugly

I am voting for the ones in bold.

Skitty is by far the cutest pokemon ever in existence...well vulpix, petilil, shinx, and swirlix are right up there. The pink/creme palette arched line eyes and infectious smily face makes it's irresistably cute. Shinx is another cute one!

Purrloin and Meowth I love because they are cute too, but moreover, they are devious. Purrloin's eyeshadow ears really make the design...and the payday coin and spiked whiskers make for the iconic meowth look that I love.

The big cats are also great, but I particularly love Pyroar, Liepard, and Luxray.
Pyroar and Luxray are formidable yet regal. And Liepard is quite svelte and has a perfect color palette. Actually all of these pokemon have nice color palettes.

Years
While I like both Meowth and Espeon enough to give votes to them, my favorite of the cat Pokemon are Litleo and Pyroar. From the early days, I'd always hoped that we'd get a lion Pokemon, but when I saw the Luxray family, I was left disappointed. I didn't expect us to be getting any other lion Pokemon after that, so Litleo and Pyroar were a welcoming surprise. After using one during my playthrough of Pokemon Y, it easily became my favorite of the cat Pokemon, and quite possibly of all the Kalosian Pokemon, too.

And sorry guys for the delay on the new poll this week- I've been crazy busy with work this past week, so I haven't had much time to jump on PC. Look out for the next PokePOTW either tomorrow evening, or Saturday afternoon!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So Luxray won? :3 Fair enough, I'm not surprised. X-ray lion!

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
Meowth, Skitty, Purrloin, and Litleo, plus their evolutionary lines, were my picks. Really, I probably should've just voted for all of them since I like cats so much, but I went with those four because those are the ones I like the most of all of the cats in the games.

Years
Raikou is hands down my favourite. It's one of my top 3 Legendaries and it always appeared to me in my Johto games before Entei so I took that as a sign haha. I love using it in-game and I've got a level 100 one transferred onto my X game :)

Years
How can anyone deny the cuteness of the Espurr line? Creepy maybe but not to me. <3 They're some of the best Pokemon introduced in Kalos. And altogether probably aha. Also have a big love for Skitty.. especially May's from the anime, it's always been the more adorable of the cats. Male Pyroar is another Pokemon I've started loving a lot more recently even if I never was able to get that awesomely-IVed male from breeding in X/Y. :s Whether it'll happen or not is beyond me at this point since I've gotten too lazy.

Back