• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Virgin Friendly Anime

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
  • Sakura Card Captor?

Shonen casual viewers usually enjoy other shonen anime. I'd suggest the typical FMA, Naruto, One Piece. I would even go for Sword Art Online.

Virgin friendly?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

ROFL.

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
  • It really just depends on what type of stories the person likes.

Romance: Toradora

Character Driven: Spice and Wolf

Comedy: FLCL, Ichigo Mashimaro, Galaxy Angel, TFS dub of Dragon Ball Z

Adventure/Action: Outlaw Star, Trigun, UHHHH

NSFW: Depends on their kinks

Slice of Life: Azumanga Daioh

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I would recommend movies such as Ghost in the Shell movies, or anything by Studio Ghibli; something that doesn't require much commitment but is also very good. As far as series go...I probably wouldn't recommend any newer stuff or something really long..so I'd recommend FMA, Death Note, Paranoia Agent, or GiTS. Oh, and Legend of Korra - the best anime!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would recommend movies such as Ghost in the Shell movies, or anything by Studio Ghibli; something that doesn't require much commitment but is also very good. As far as series go...I probably wouldn't recommend any newer stuff or something really long..so I'd recommend FMA, Death Note, Paranoia Agent, or GiTS. Oh, and Legend of Korra - the best anime!
    I came here to suggest Miyazaki ^^ Let them watch Spirited Away, something a lot of people have heard of, and realize that anime doesn't have to be squeaky girls with huge eyes or oversized weapons.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'm totally gutted I forgot in mentioning anime movies >.<. They're great as hookers since they're short but still amazing.

Sure a lot of people will hit off with the Studio Ghibli films, but don't forget The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars and Wolf Children. Miyazaki is great, but I have a huge favoritism for Hosoda Mamoru's works.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Omg Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time are two of my absolute favorite movies. They could definitely be watched by people who aren't "into anime"!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Omg Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time are two of my absolute favorite movies. They could definitely be watched by people who aren't "into anime"!
    I'm totally gutted I forgot in mentioning anime movies >.<. They're great as hookers since they're short but still amazing.
    But you know... movies are movies... they don't give out enough anime-isity =D
    Which is why we refrained from mentioning them :)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • You got a point. Though it is a somewhat good taster to start pulling people in who don't necessarily want to jump straight into the 12 - 24 episode end of the anime pool. Even if it's just one to convince people to watching something longer.

Had a friend a while back who originally hated anime and only said he'd try one or two out after watching Summer Wars and after that he asked me for some more series ones. More or less ended up being an anime fan after that xD

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • To touch on movies a bit more, I would definitely recommend 5 Centimeters Per Second, and anything from Studio Ghibli. I'd probably start out with Spirited Away, since a lot of people have seen and love that movie whether the enjoy anime or not(I know a lot of people who don't watch anime, but told me they grew up on that movie). I feel like The Secret World of Arrietty would be a good one to start out with as well!

As far as series go, depending on the person, I would tell them to watch Gurren Lagann or Attack on Titan, since they were both pretty popular across the board. Over rated or not, how would this kind of person know, right? ;)

Slice of Life anime might seem too dull to someone just starting out, so I would bring up a slice of life comedy I actually really enjoyed(which is rare, I always get bored with SoL), Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. I feel like that show is just realistic enough to hold someones attention, as well as make them laugh cause oh my god was that show hilarious. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is also a really good one.

I've always felt like the more popular anime are always better to start out with, rather than the oblong ones that were barely talked about in the English speaking world. After all, they got popular for a reason, right? That, and shorter series are a plus for newbies. Like Cherrim said, it makes for less of a commitment.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I know the episodes are still coming out - but perchance Death Parade is a good Virgin Anime? It seems complicated at first, but has a cool twist at the end of the first episode to pique a person's interest. The anime seems confusing on one episode though, but episode 2 answers /some/ questions, leaving an air of mystery - and the episodes so far that have proceeded the first two follows the same pattern (in a sense) making the anime easy to follow as well.

Plus because it's still coming out, they don't have many episodes to commit to, and experience the wait-factor for new episodes. :3

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I'd probably suggest something along the lines of Devil is a Part Timer, Durarara, Death Note Attack on Titan, Hetalia, or maybe even Fairy Tail. FT and DN really got me into anime, so hopefully it'll do the same for others c;

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    Sword Art Online. It was my first anime, and it's what got me h-o-o-k-e-d. I watched the entire first season (there was only one at the time) in two days. If they liked SAO, Accel World is next up.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I know the episodes are still coming out - but perchance Death Parade is a good Virgin Anime? It seems complicated at first, but has a cool twist at the end of the first episode to pique a person's interest. The anime seems confusing on one episode though, but episode 2 answers /some/ questions, leaving an air of mystery - and the episodes so far that have proceeded the first two follows the same pattern (in a sense) making the anime easy to follow as well.

Plus because it's still coming out, they don't have many episodes to commit to, and experience the wait-factor for new episodes. :3
    I wouldn't count it as good Virgin anime... especially when Death Parade is pretty much for those who knew Death Billiards =)

Back