• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Virtual Pokemon

Sleek

Eon Trainer
Years
  • Does anyone think that Ruby and Sapphire should become virtual? I think it should be R/S because the other games didn't really have a story line....Anyway, Pokemon in an Online Virtual game would be better than .Hack Sign!!! With some of the impending MMORPG's coming out, VR is *supposedly* coming out by 2009. I highly doubt it though...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    :d

you mean like internet RS??? COOL! Then you could walk around the twons and all the people are real people on the internet! =D ^-^

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    that would be cool except 1 reason what if the gym leader is on vacation you wont be able to battle him for a wihle

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Sleek said:
    Does anyone think that Ruby and Sapphire should become virtual? I think it should be R/S because the other games didn't really have a story line....Anyway, Pokemon in an Online Virtual game would be better than .Hack Sign!!! With some of the impending MMORPG's coming out, VR is *supposedly* coming out by 2009. I highly doubt it though...
    and did *any* Pokemon game ever in existence except for Colloseum have a story line ever?

Too much technical things to think about that will cause chaos... such as Kairi camping outside New Bark Town with her superior team beating up new trainers or something ;p, or Spike Razzor harassinating trainers by toxic-ing all of their pokemon then run XD

Mikoudi

Gameboy Helper
    Years
  • In Japan on their video game system Ruby and Sapphire is all virtual and 3D, it rocks!

Let me find the url of screenshots of it. I forgot the site, it was french I know that...

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2003
    Nope!! Ruby and sapphire are the same in japan as in canada. You saw colloseum acreenshots.

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • Frostweaver, there would obviously be some kind of moderators. You can't let there be no laws. If you have ever watched .hack you know that is the Crimson Knights job. And about that Japan thing, nice try liar. We don't have that kind of technology to do a full scale Virtual RPG, even if it isn't online. We do have the technology for an VR online fighting game, but you wouldn't be able to feel anything, it would just be your movements and stuff. It would be cool, but just wait about a decade or two and we will have the technology to mentally remove the mind from the body into a virtual world. That is how I've been informed at least...yes, i go to "facilities". (Believe me!)

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    sleek is right it is impossible :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

(it would be cool though) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Years
  • That would be cool, but thousends of people would be playing. Like if two people got frozen while going out of a gym and you where traped inside? You would be stuck there forever, or untill they got unfrozen. And towns would be so crouded that youd have trobel moveing. Its hard enough butmping into the people that move on the gomeboy game while running or riding a bike. Imagen thousends of them. your gona need a halment O.o

K-3.1416

Entrenador Mexicano
    Years
  • Sleek said:
    We don't have that kind of technology to do a full scale Virtual RPG, even if it isn't online. We do have the technology for an VR online fighting game, but you wouldn't be able to feel anything, it would just be your movements and stuff. It would be cool, but just wait about a decade or two and we will have the technology to mentally remove the mind from the body into a virtual world. That is how I've been informed at least...yes, i go to "facilities". (Believe me!)

I think that actually there's the technology to do a Pok?mon OnLine, and much better technology in Japan, but the cost would be higher enough to make us loss all our money :laugh: .

I think that the Gym Leaders can be Virtual and hard enough to give us a headache, perhaps so much difficult, as i have expected from all the versions.

The Pok?mon's level would be a long time to have, 'cause if you see how much do you have to do in FFXI Online to level up, imagine that with Pok?mon, and not with one character, imagine it with 6, or more if you want have a well balanced closet of Pok?mon :P

And we all will have to start from the beginning again, but if there's a plan about Project Pok?mon Online, they must to think in this.

Sincerely a Pok?mon Online would be a great game, of course, with the quality that Nintendo always offers :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2004
    Well we'll just have to wait and find out!
    What nintendo needs to make is a pokemon game with 3d graphics for a PC. Not like Pokemon stadium, but the whole enchilada.
    We're talkin a 3D Pokemon world (3rd person view, mind you. Pokemon isn't qualified to be a FPV game... it would look too weird) with Kanto, Jhoto, and Hoenn.
    Wow... that would be one heck of a PC RPG!
    Sleek- That would lead to the Matrix which wouldn't be cool =(
    Easkyla- Then the people would need one heck of a server with a fast internet =P. Yeah it would be impossible even if you had bots... the Pokemon world is a friggen big world... put 64 peole in a big friggen world... you now have a lonely world =P

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I've actually heard rumors, can't remember where, that they have a pokemon online game in the planning stages. Except instead of being on teh computer, it would run through the modem adaptor for the nintendo Gamecube. This is just a rumor I heard.

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • That would be quite dumb. You can't talk or type on the Gamecube. Give rights to the XboX. Or put it on the PC so we can at least type. I'm just not a big fan of Nintendo, that's all... Go Microsoft! Go Xbox Live!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2004
    X-Box is just a cheap Pentium III 700MHz computer with 64MB of RAM and a GeForce 2 MX 400 integrated adapter =P
    BTW you can't type on the X-Box either =P. Well they could make a keyboard for the GC but then that would completly negate the point of a console. >.<

Ultimathunder

Ichiban Pok?mon Master
    Years
    • Age 39
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    u know if they wanted the Gamecube to talk or type they could just as easily add the connections to it just like X-box Pc and PS2, also it would cost other game company billions to buy pokemon off nintendo's hand or its creator. they made u able to talk on the N64 I don't see why they can't on this. I mean that's what the usb cables at the bottom of the gamecube are for...

Back